whey protien

robday

Bluelighter
taking opn board the advice from my last question about creatine. i have purchased whey protien.

however, i am uncertain on how to use it. the directions say i must make a paste from 3 heaped spoonfulls and a small amount of water.

fairly easy, but it doesnt say how often this should be taken??

also, how should i incorporate the whey protien into my regular intake of creatine?

i have creatine tablets and im currently in my third day of loading.

cheers

You dont cycle whey like you beleive so with creatine... creatines dumb anyways but thats another story...

whey is something you'll take everyday of your life for the rest of your life until the day you no longer want to be big. So choosing the best whey for you is essential to avoid years of acidic diarrhea whey particled sludge rocketing out your anus and reflecting off toilet water back spalshing like a bidday (that kinda detail can only come from experience!). Whey is the only 'whey' for somone who actually lives a life (in otherwords cant cook a meal every 30 minutes) to get sufficient protein to actually get big.

How much whey you take depends on your diet...

wed need to see ENTIRE layout of every meal (should be at least 6 solid food meals) and the times theyd be eaten, when youd be working out, and what your goals are overall. From there I could explain how to use the whey properly and at what points in the day and such as you seek. Thats the easy part. The hard part is sticking to it in the real world.

Sphinx you think creatine is dumb? Its obviously no alternative to steroids but numerous study after study has shown creatine to be effective.

MR

^

okay, no I dont think 'creatine' is dumb, I think supplementing with creatine is dumb.

Lets face it, almost any bodybuilder eats alot of meat. Meat has creatine. Now, look up the word supplement and what it means.

Creatine, in an 80 year old man who cant even eat a 2 ounces steak, GOOD IDEA, creatine in a 20 sumpin buck who eats over 20oz of meat a day... stupid idea.

Moneys better spent on EFA's, whey, and multi-vitamins (cause I dont know any BBers who eat enough vegetables).

Well it takes about 1lb of beef to equal about 2 grams of creatine. In recent studies there was absolutely no change in placebo groups from groups supplementing with 2grams of creatine a day, and that 2 grams is on top of what they are already consuming from meat. Therefore I believe supplementation of creatine does indeed have merit

MR

The protein is taken to supply your muscles with a readily available source to re-build and strengthen broken down muscle fibers. Generally, 30-35 grams 3x a day is used.

I think it is very important to drink a protein shake immediately after a workout.

Creatine does not store in the body for a significant period of time and supplementation is necessary.

PottedMeat said:
Creatine does not store in the body for a significant period of time and supplementation is necessary.

ummmm a BBer is supposed to eat a full meal every 2 hours for pretty much the entire time they are awake. No supplementation is necessary. This is the stupidest shit ever. The studiest dont mean shit. The supplement companies use them because yes it proves creatine is useful. IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU NEED TO SUPPLEMENT WITH IT AND IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT SUPPLEMENTING WITH IT WILL HAVE ANY BENEFIT.

PLACEBO IS A POWERFUL THING, I can make kids gain 10lbs in a week off glucose tabs claimed as dbol.

These aren't studies I found in Muscle mag done by MuscleTech or something. These are in Med journals and strength and fitness journels.

Yes you are right, we are suppose to eat like an animal every two hours but lets face it how many people have the time. Very very few. Thus the point of supplementation. Furthermore if 6 or 7 grams of creatine is more beneficial than say 2-3 than a person would need to be eating 3 -4 lbs of beef a day, not chicken, just beef. There are alot of guys Iknow that train pretty hard that probably don't consume anything near that. Everyone that lifts isn't going to be a pro bodybuilder with a nutritionist on hand and able to eat at all times

MR

Thats totally the wrong message to give. Creatine isnt a crutch for a bad fuckin diet. No matter how much creatine you take it will not fuckin help if you have a bad diet as in insufficient protein your not gonna get big no matter what. AND if your eating properly to actually be able to get big, then you dont need creatine supplementation.

Why not also say because you just cant eat enough nutrients for the body to produce a higher lvl of testosterone that you should supplement with exogenous testosterone?? Because theyre both the exact same point, and its baffling you could recommend one but discourage the other, thats like the equivalent of saying its okay to smoke crack but heroins for losers.

OK well in that logic why supplement anything. No one should need protein, multivitamins, EFAs etc because their diet is already so perfect they get everything they need.

Sounds smart to me. Why doesn't everyone just do this

Also I was never saying anything about having a bad diet. Tons of BBers eat chicken and very little beef. Chicken is loaded with protein and is very lean but not much creatine at all. I am not even saying creatine is the end all supplement of supplements just saying that it can be benefical to supplement and by beneficial I mean specifically see performance improvents that you might otherwise not see if you didn't supplement. Thats all. I do not know why you take this so personally.

MR

Last edited:
Whey protein is just like any other complete protein. People use it to meet there macronutrient needs without eating 12 chicken breasts a day. It's considered to be a good protein for PWO because it is absorbed quickly. Some argue that this quality also makes it less than ideal for use at other times. I personally use a blend of whey, casein and egg protein. Once you have a broader understanding of what your nutritional needs are, all this this info will fall into place.

Sphinx (Afterlife) said:
Whey is the only 'whey' for somone who actually lives a life (in otherwords cant cook a meal every 30 minutes) to get sufficient protein to actually get big.

Sphinx, you argued against yourself on the creatine issue in the beginning of this very thread. If it isn't practical for somebody to be getting sufficient creatine from red meat, what is wrong with supplementing?

40g whey in water when you wake up
40g whey in water post workout

Those are the only times I use it. It's a supplement, not a sole source of nutrition.

newskin said:
Sphinx, you argued against yourself on the creatine issue in the beginning of this very thread. If it isn't practical for somebody to be getting sufficient creatine from red meat, what is wrong with supplementing?

Practical shmactical. If you cant eat 6-9 meals a day you cant get big. No matter how much creatine you take.

You are saying that its not practical to eat 6-9 meals a day, and Im saying, in that case then it is not POSSIBLE to get to any noteable size. You say because U cant you should replace with whey and creatine??? Sorry to say but if you drink more than 3 whey shakes a day thats fuckin stupid and you must love to get madass diarrhea.

6 solid meals and 3 liquid meals, thats how you get big and quick, anything less isnt good enough. You cant eat 3 meals a day and get buff, it doesnt matter how big those meals are, the body needs -constant- supply of protein and nutrients to gain muscle.

You have to eat other animals muscles, to gain muscle. They are built of the same things your body wants to build with. Its RECYCLING. Now go buy yourself an entire cow and pick away.

Sphinx I think the point he was trying to make is you condoned supplementing because it wasn't realstic for any normal person to eat like they should

"Whey is the only 'whey' for somone who actually lives a life (in otherwords cant cook a meal every 30 minutes) to get sufficient protein to actually get big."

That is the same reasoning I was giving about the creatine when you acted like they need to eat every two hours or they are idiots. .

I was just saying the same thing you were. People live in the real world and cant cook every 30mins. Just like you said

MR

Whey protein is great for post-workout, and also good to supplement with if you aren't receiving enough protein through your diet... If you are getting enough protein with regular food, there is no need to supplement with it...

Creatine on the other hand is a different story. It's next to impossible to get 5-10 grams of creatine with any normal diet. So supplementing with creatine is highly recommended by most people looking to gain muscle.

I beleive it creatine works, but not as much as people say... It is definately something good to take if you are struggling to make any significant gains.

harryG said:
Creatine on the other hand is a different story. It's next to impossible to get 5-10 grams of creatine with any normal diet. So supplementing with creatine is highly recommended by most people looking to gain muscle.

No, creatine helps you gain strength. Most of the size gains will be because of water retention, it makes your muscles look bloated.

[S]alvatore said:
No, creatine helps you gain strength. Most of the size gains will be because of water retention, it makes your muscles look bloated.

Your kidding right? Creatine is a major component of one of the anaerobic ATP generation pathways. Creatine has water retention as a SIDE EFFECT, not as it's method of action. Creatine in itself boosts strength because more energy is available for crossbridging of actin and myosin. For proof of this, look at CEE. No water bloat, same creatine gains.

good discussion guys- just remember, nobody's "right". We ALL have our opinions.

HarryG the reason to use whey even WITH large ammounts of protien in the diet is the uptake rate. Whey is digested MUCH faster than most other types of protein. It'll also help with ure PWO insulin spike.

:)

Sphinx (Afterlife) said:
Practical shmactical. If you cant eat 6-9 meals a day you cant get big. No matter how much creatine you take.

You are saying that its not practical to eat 6-9 meals a day, and Im saying, in that case then it is not POSSIBLE to get to any noteable size. You say because U cant you should replace with whey and creatine??? Sorry to say but if you drink more than 3 whey shakes a day thats fuckin stupid and you must love to get madass diarrhea.

Whoah I have never seen somebody argue against a straw man with such incredible intensity. 8o

Sphinx (Afterlife) said:

6 solid meals and 3 liquid meals, thats how you get big and quick, anything less isnt good enough. You cant eat 3 meals a day and get buff, it doesnt matter how big those meals are, the body needs -constant- supply of protein and nutrients to gain muscle.

You have to eat other animals muscles, to gain muscle. They are built of the same things your body wants to build with. Its RECYCLING. Now go buy yourself an entire cow and pick away.

Then how do you explain ancient modern humans (homo sapien sppiens) who might go days without eating being stronger and more ripped than most BB'ers nowadays?

Diet really doesn't mean much. The body is an amazing machine. You eat enough calories to grow, get enough of the essential amino acids, vitamins, and all the other little chemicals your body needs to maintain, and you'll grow, its that simple.