most of the characters (save the female
bartender)

but between the abortion rally episode and
the "i'm pissed b-c i wasn't molested"
episode

man, i'm in love with that show.

i hope it takes off.

fookin' funny as hell.

hell yeah, the gun episode and the nazi episode both rocked the house too!

also good on fx- starved. an eating disorder comedy, man, good stuff but such potential to offend.

my bf and i are infatuated with this show! i also love "starved" as well!

it just seems like snarkier comedy to me! and i love it!

god, fx is just thee fucking network lately?! everything they've been coming out with has been awesome!

glad other people are watching to!

FX finally did it w/ 2 30 minute comedies.

I've been watching both this and starved since they started. It's far more offensive and funny than 99.9% of the garbage they put on major networks short of Arrested Development and Scrubs.

"Charlie Got Molested" was one of the better ones. Or when they accidentally become the hottest gaybar in town.

It's nice to see they're making more comedies w/ out a laugh track, no audience and actors who don't speak in rhythm (ex: watch FRIENDS, their lines are said at a da-da da-da da-da-da-da-da pace...bleh.)

Originally posted by GentlemanLoser
It's nice to see they're making more comedies w/ out a laugh track, no audience and actors who don't speak in rhythm (ex: watch FRIENDS, their lines are said at a da-da da-da da-da-da-da-da pace...bleh.)

That's a good point. I find shows/movies that have scripts like that unbearable. Perfect example... "Closer". What a god-awful piece of crap. :X

I've seen a couple episodes and I thought it was hilarious :)

wanderlust said:
also good on fx- starved. an eating disorder comedy, man, good stuff but such potential to offend.

I love that show too. I've only managed to catch a few episodes though but... damn, they really get into the reality of eating disorders. I like it because I've been there, and I can relate.

on starved: i think it takes people with boarderline or full blown disorders to appreciate it, along with good humor to laugh at it
i laugh because i see things i have done and am really thankful someone on tv has enough balls to show controversy so blatently and make fun of it at the same time

Its Always Sunny in Philiadelphia is one of the funniest shows I seen in a good, long while. While I also like Starved, it seems a bit more of a drama than a comedy to me, I also find it kinda strange how they treat food almost as a drug, get depressed - binge on cake, shit like that, tho I'm sure there are people who actually do having eating disorders which extend past simple poor self control or wishing to be skinney and viewing oneself, no matter what, as fat

wanderlust said:
i laugh because i see things i have done and am really thankful someone on tv has enough balls to show controversy so blatently and make fun of it at the same time

yeah, thats why it appeals to me too :)

Just caught an episode of this, the one where everyone thinks Charlie was molested. Was that Mr. Belding from Saved by the Bell as the old coach, and if it was, he must have been subsisting on a diet of butter and deep-fried oreos for the last five years. It's a really well-crafted show, much better than most network drivel.

FX is definitely on top of the ball right now. I'm especially thankful that they are willing to push the boundaries of what is acceptable. I can't think of any other basic cable channels that would put shows like this one or Rescue Me on the air, especially with the taste of FCC over-censorship still fresh in our minds. I think of it as a highly entertaining "Fuck you" to the retards in the FCC.

Benefit said:
Just caught an episode of this, the one where everyone thinks Charlie was molested. Was that Mr. Belding from Saved by the Bell as the old coach, and if it was, he must have been subsisting on a diet of butter and deep-fried oreos for the last five years. It's a really well-crafted show, much better than most network drivel.

lol yeah it was!!! I recognized him right away.

Everytime I watch this show though I get kinda creeped out cause one of the guys (Mac I think it is?) looks A LOT like my ex-boyfriend :\

danny devito, absent from tv since taxi was ended in 1983, joins next season's cast of always sunny. he will be the father of the two series' characters.

Has anyone seen the show

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia? It was on FX after that eating disorder show on like tuesdays I think. God i hope they bring it back. And if they do i most def. recomend spending the time to watch it. It really is just the most amazing comedy i have ever seen. It almost has that Arrested Development feel to it if that makes sense.
Don't take this photo too seriously it really does have a funny story behind it

P1010009.jpg

It's always Sunny in Philidelphia

Its two episodes into the second season. This show is still fucking hillarious.

Discuss?!?=D =D =D %) :D