Votes: 2 8.7%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️

• Total voters
Charlie (Charlie Day) and the Waitress (Mary Elizabeth Ellis) are married in real life.

IASIP Was almost canceled after its first season but renewed at the last minute when FX executives decided to give it room to grow. It is now one of the highest rated and most popular shows on the channel.

Creator/star Rob McElhenney and co-star Kaitlin Olson were married in 2008.

Charlie Day once called the show's opening credits sequence the cheapest credits ever, saying they literally shot the montage footage on a digital camera while driving around Philadelphia one night.

Friends of the cast often play bit parts on the series.

The series is loosely based on creator and co-star Rob McElhenney's experiences and family in his native Philadelphia.

Despite the series' "Sunny" title, the footage of the opening credits consists entirely of night time video of Philadelphia.

Season 6 included an episode titled "The Gang Gets Successful" that was never aired on FX. In Season 7, some of that footage was used for the episode It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: How Mac Got Fat. In addition to showing Rob McElhenny before his 50-lbs. weight gain, the story explained that the Gang had a Dee-conceived plan to hire individuals who looked like them as "avatars" so they could enjoy their newfound good fortune, but Mac's efforts to emulate his bodybuilder avatar went disastrously awry (and everyone else forgot the plan about 10 minutes after it was proposed).

According to Glenn Howerton, the first working title for the show was 'Jerks.'

The clothing Rob McElhenney and Kaitlin Olson frequently wear on the show is designed by a clothing company called Suburban Riot, owned by friends of the two stars.

During its first two seasons, the series was one of the lowest budgeted series on television. Since then, the budget has increased with the show's growing popularity.

Despite the reports that the show's pilot was shot for $200, it has actually been revealed that the pilot may have cost as little as $85 to shoot. The budget went almost solely to tapes for the camera.

Ratings: 8.9/10 from 62,050 users on imdb

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472954/

I found out about this show from here and loved it, watched it all in a few months. Am just starting the new series now.

Well that horror special one was amazing. Certainly redeemed themselves on the two previous episodes.

loved dee and charlie find love.

its been my favourite episode of this season.

the others have been extremely disappointing.

this had a very classic vibe; and i only hope it continues.

...kytnism...:|

Well that horror special one was amazing. Certainly redeemed themselves on the two previous episodes.

I'll have to disaggree tbh.

I thought the Halloween episode was the worst episode out of the entire 8 seasons.

last night's episode was not bad either; the therapy episode was hilarious. I love how creepy dennis is and how he thinks he's a psych cause of his one semester at college of it or whatever lol.

I'll have to disaggree tbh.

I thought the Halloween episode was the worst episode out of the entire 8 seasons.

I agree. I don't like shows that completely flip the script for Halloween episodes though, so this wasn't any different.

they really seem to be running out of ideas, that said, i thought the end of the last episode was golden.
'oh god mommy now i feel too much'

I thought this past episode was great. I think the fact that they're making fun of what they've done in the earlier seasons (Charlie faking having cancer vs. Charlie's mom faking having cancer) is really damn funny.

Still better than everything else on TV.

It's not the best season, but I wouldn't call it 'shit'. It's still the best comedy on TV.

I still love the show. Workaholics is damn funny too but what is the point in arguing about which one is funnier. I'll watch them both since they don't come on at the same time.

I'm not cynical. The season is shit, for Philly standards. But it's still the best thing on television. The therapy episode was really weak, in my opinion. DeVito only works on the show for a couple of weeks a year, due to other commitments. Still, he manages to portray one of televisions greatest characters. Frank Reynolds. I love Frank and his delinquent children as much as I loved George Costanza. Dennis and Dee are both fantastic. But the last episode. I don't know. It's like they're becoming too aware of how fucking amazing they are. Like they can just rely on the characters. The reason DeVito's chapter in the therapy episode was edited, is obviously because he couldn't pull off a monologue like the rest of the, full-time, cast. Due to time restrictions. I've loved Danny since Taxi. He was the highlight of Taxi. But that was a really shit performance, his therapy session. Made me cringe a bit. I've never had that before with Philly. I'm being overly critical. I wish I had lower standards. I wish I liked everything. But I don't. And that episode was shit. This season is hit and miss. The reunion double episode was fantastic. Dennis, at his best. "I'm going to wait right here and wait for my minions to swarm me."

Fuck I love this show. Tempted to say it's the best show of all time.

Never heard of Workaholics.

blah workaholics, the league is okay, taco is hilarious and a funny guy. When the league isn't about fantasy foot ball it's good.

@foreverafter: i can agree, but to say it's shit but the best thing on tv? lol that has to say something about how damn good the show is.

The therapy episode was really weak, in my opinion.

yeah, surprisingly disappointing. When I saw the ep title, 'the gang gets analyzed' immediately I thought it was going to be great. Seems like the right plot for Philly. Just wasn't executed particularly well unfortunately.

The most recent episode was good. I'd say the two best so far are the Horror Special one and the one which is loosely satirizing Cruel Intentions.

Comedy Central is playing the Christmas Special tonight, which has my favorite scene in all of It's Always Sunny:

tumblr_m3shhxR8VF1rvi7i8o1_400.gif