• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television South Park

rate it

• Total voters
...So, rather than start a new thread for the latest season of South Park, I figured I'd just post this here.

I'm not asking this to be mean/rude, as you obviously like South Park if you're reading this, but the latest episode, with the human centipede... Was that actually humorous? I found it rather disturbing and slightly revolting. Not funny in the least bit. If it wasn't for the side story of Cartman's, which was equally unfunny and disturbing in parts, I would have turned it off.

I was tempted to turn it off many times but I wanted to see how it would pan out.

Needless to say but I won't be tuning in for next week's episode. If I do hear it was actually funny, I may catch it online.

I do/did however, like the "social commentary" SP makes... Esp. with the latest episode about not reading agreements. The centipede was awful though.

the latest episode definately wasn't that great in content but I still found myself enjoying it immensly

i dont think we can dismiss the new season of becoming disgusting, just from the first episode

@centipede, yeh i guess it wasnt really that funny, but i think they had to reference it sometime because of how well publicised the human centipede film was in the media

btw, i found cartman's antics . "at least buy some condoms before you FUCK ME IN THE ASS", with his mother super funny

I didn't laugh once during the episode.

@centipede, yeh i guess it wasnt really that funny, but i think they had to reference it sometime because of how well publicised the human centipede film was in the media

Yeah but they could've done something clever with the human centipede rather than just re-enacting scenes with Kyle as one of the victims. The centipad thing didn't make any sense. It's not clever to take something out of a horror film and then attach a couple of ipads to it. It's not funny either. It seems like the only connection between the centipede and the ipad is a bad play on words...

btw, i found cartman's antics . "at least buy some condoms before you FUCK ME IN THE ASS", with his mother super funny

I didn't think it was funny at all. The whole "buy me dinner before you fuck me" or "I like to get kissed before I get fucked" series of jokes don't do much for me outside of South Park... and an animated eight year old saying them doesn't change that. It doesn't make the jokes funnier. It's been a decade since the expletive ridden pilot episode. Little kids saying rude words doesn't really do it for me anymore. I expect a little more than political incorrectness this far down the track. A little boy saying his mother is "fucking him" over and over again isn't funny. Or at least, I don't see how it's funny.

They repeated two jokes throughout the episode:

1) You didn't read the terms?!?

and

2) My mother fucks me.

Each joke is repeated like five or six times. Personally I didn't find them funny the first time, let alone the sixth time.

Last edited:
Favorite character has gotta be Ike , and the Jersey shore episode haha anyone else seen it? ... Calls in Bin laden for help haa tooo good

^Randy Marsh, Eric Cartman, Mr. Garrison and Leopold "Butters" Stotch shit all over both of them.

i have to fast forward when there are scenes involving tweak he pisses me off so much

^lol why is that?

the one where stans dad is like top chef at southpark elementary and mrs.marsh is off vacationing with that shake weight..
everyone wins in the end, lol

Creme Fraiche is probably the best episode of SP I've ever seen.

That one episode really brought the series back around for me. For a while there, I was starting to get bored.

^lol why is that?

the one where stans dad is like top chef at southpark elementary and mrs.marsh is off vacationing with that shake weight..
everyone wins in the end, lol

Haha classic episode, and when the shake weight cheats on her ahah

i dont think we can dismiss the new season of becoming disgusting, just from the first episode
Well, no, but unless I hear the episode was "hilarious," I doubt I'll be watching it after it airs.

I didn't laugh once during the episode.

Yeah but they could've done something clever with the human centipede rather than just re-enacting scenes with Kyle as one of the victims. The centipad thing didn't make any sense. It's not clever to take something out of a horror film and then attach a couple of ipads to it. It's not funny either. It seems like the only connection between the centipede and the ipad is a bad play on words...

I didn't think it was funny at all. The whole "buy me dinner before you fuck me" or "I like to get kissed before I get fucked" series of jokes don't do much for me outside of South Park... and an animated eight year old saying them doesn't change that. It doesn't make the jokes funnier. It's been a decade since the expletive ridden pilot episode. Little kids saying rude words doesn't really do it for me anymore. I expect a little more than political incorrectness this far down the track. A little boy saying his mother is "fucking him" over and over again isn't funny. Or at least, I don't see how it's funny.

They repeated two jokes throughout the episode:

1) You didn't read the terms?!?

and

2) My mother fucks me.

Each joke is repeated like five or six times. Personally I didn't find them funny the first time, let alone the sixth time.
Thank you. I know who to get the scope on the latest episodes from. :p

I thought the "Comedy Awards" episode was alright. It pretty much summed up what all of the comedians were saying about Comedy Central's award show. And did they sneak a last minute Bin Laden reference in there?

Ok new favourite episode, the one wear they kill bin laden, and cartman hahah sooo funny they go to Afghanistan to return a goat... Anyone else seen it??

This whole season is really sub par so far... not to toot my own horn, but seriously, they should make my episode lol charlie sheen on RC's with cartman and pablo escobar in chinese face running the whole thing would be way better than this stuff.

N as for tonight, tooth decay and resulting infections kill tons of people, I don't even think they know that the way they had mackey freaking out about it like it was really nothing.

Worst season so far, by a long way. It disappoints me when comedians that I respect continue to milk a franchise when they clearly don't care about it anymore. Parker has made enough money from South Park. If he's not going to bother to write decent jokes, then he should just pull the plug.

NSFW:
Latest Episode

Crack babies: just for the shock value, really.

Slavery references: a scene in which Parker, once again, literally spells out the subtext in big shiny letters towards the end of the episode, either having failed in his opinion to have incorporated it properly into the script or lacking the necessary faith in his audience's average IQ to comprehend his ramblings.

Kyle acts completely out-of-character purely for convenience sake.

Oh, and there's a really stupid Santa Clause joke.

The point

Generally: Exploitation is bad.

Specifically: University basketball players should be paid.

Piece of shit.

Worst season so far, by a long way. It disappoints me when comedians that I respect continue to milk a franchise when they clearly don't care about it anymore. Parker has made enough money from South Park. If he's not going to bother to write decent jokes, then he should just pull the plug.

NSFW:
Latest Episode

Crack babies: just for the shock value, really.

Slavery references: a scene in which Parker, once again, literally spells out the subtext in big shiny letters towards the end of the episode, either having failed in his opinion to have incorporated it properly into the script or lacking the necessary faith in his audience's average IQ to comprehend his ramblings.

Kyle acts completely out-of-character purely for convenience sake.

Oh, and there's a really stupid Santa Clause joke.

The point

Generally: Exploitation is bad.

Specifically: University basketball players should be paid.

Piece of shit.
I came across a link to this article, which says they're overworked doing The Book of Mormon. They don't want to do South Park at this point but they have to until 2013 due to contractual obligations. It sounds like they're just really tired and want a vacation from everything.
At 41, he is no longer the enfant terrible who became notorious for lampooning everyone and everything — from Tom Cruise to Paris Hilton to Muhammad — and, along with Stone, even appearing in a dress at the Oscars. Rather, there’s a high seriousness to him that might surprise South Park aficionados.

He treats the series as more than a job; it’s a cause.

“South Park is way bigger than either of us,” he says. “And it’s this curse, and when we are doing it, I hate it. I’m pissed off and I’m tired, and every single Tuesday I say, ‘This is the worst show we’ve ever done!’ It’s brutal. But it’s something I am a part of that’s bigger than I am. That’s what most important.”

Says Rudin: “It’s this thing that happens rarely in the culture, where something very subversive is also very affirmative. It has affirmative values but also tears down every possible institution.”

That combination has resulted in an enterprise worth hundreds of millions of dollars. South Park T-shirts alone generated some $30 million in sales in the late ’90s.

And yet its success comes at a price: When they return to Los Angeles, Parker and Stone will have just two months to produce a batch of seven new episodes, followed by seven more after a brief hiatus. Without their usual two weeks of prep before the season begins — and without their habitual five-day writers retreat — they’ll be scribbling ideas on Thursdays and working nonstop till the early hours of the following Wednesday morning, the very day each episode airs, when it is finally locked.

Last edited:
Downhill for sure... the crack baby episode was offensive, def for shock value, good message, but lacked delivery... there is plenty for them to make a social commentary on: Charlie Sheen, The Libyan War, Obama and the whole birth certificate thing, etc, etc... they need to step their game...