• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What do people take the wrong way about you?

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
What do people take the wrong way about you?

Everybody got certain things that they say, or do, or think, and other people take it the wrong way or get the wrong idea from it.

maybe its because its partly your fault because you onlp operate inside your own head and it makes perfect sense to you but when you say it other people aint got the same perspective and take it different.

and sometimes its their fault because they wont listen or get thru their head what you really mean.

i been thinking about this because i talk pretty general sometimes and it confuses people espcially on here where heads dont know me or cant hear a tone ofvoice, etc.

for example i talk like cats know me sometimes. i say shit that if you take it outta context it sounds fucked up but if you know me you know what i mean and know that it aint like that at ALL.
forgettin that i am representing myself with what i say (if im talkin to someone i dont know, in life or on here even). and that the only thing cats can know me by is what i say if they dont know me at all.

so i be offendin people left and right without ever meanin any harm.

it aint like im a ignorant cat who dont know something is gonna be offensive and says it because its normal to me, for example liek somebody whose really rich, sheltered, their house/socail circle is the whole world as far as they are concerned, from a "gently" racist family and never saw the world too much. like somebody liek that chillin with asians saying "wow, this is really nice. i never met any chinks before! you guys dont eat cats at all! ahahahah" never realizing its fucked up and then wondering why everybody gets mad.

me its more like i joke around alot sometimes but peeps dont nkow that im a clown sometimes and think im dissin them or throwin backhand comments when really im just playin.

i try and be more careful. watch what i say and think of how somebody else is gonna interpret that. forgettin that not everybody thinks the same or understnads where im comin from.

but it can be frustratin especially when cats be thinking im one of them ''stand off, dont trust nobody, i dont like nobody, fuck you unless i known you for 5 years'' cats and get the wrong idea when really i think theyre aight and i would be chill with them.

also im real straight up i dont beat aroudn the bush and some peeps dont like that. i dont like playin games and lyin about how shit is. if i dont like you imma be up front with that. but some cats woudl rather front and be all 'oh sure were cool" and i dont play that shit but some cats dont appreciate that

So What are some of the things people take the wrong way about you? What do you do without meaning to, that gives peeps the wrong impression or wrong idea? the one thing where you hear what sdomebody said about you after you chill with them and say SHIT MAN, I DIDNT MEAN IT/IT WASNT LIKE THAT!

maybe talkin bout it here can give people ways to change that subtlely, so other peeps understnad them better.

People always give me a really fucking hard time for using "big" words or talking about "intellectual" topics. I'm a very academic person by nature, and I hang out with a lot of brainiacs, so I end up talking about all sorts of weird random shit all the time, so it's always on my mind. People tend to misconstrue that as me trying to be demeaning and condescending, or trying to act like I'm smarter than everyone. It's not that at all - it's just how I am.

Two examples:
1) I was tripping out of my mind on 2C-I, and as such had no desire to, nor even could I, try to show off. We were discussing how horrible those Christian Veggie Tales movies are, and I made some offhand remark about how nuts it was that the Jesus freaks were trying to use "anthropomorphic vegetables" (those were my words) to try to indoctrinate children. Everyone just stopped talking, looked over at me, and then everyone started ripping on me, really, really fucking bad... It really fucking hurt my feelings...

2) The other day at the office, two coworkers and I were talking about drinking and how the two of them always get really bad hangovers but I don't. I mentioned that I always drink a glass of salt water before going to bed if I drink heavily. They, of course, were like, "Why the fuck do you do that." I said that you piss out all your electrolytes and it's bad for you - like the same reason you drink Gatorade for sweating during sports. "Hyponatremia is a big cause of hangovers." (My words again.) They both then proceeded to make fun of me for saying "hyponatremia" and then implied that I could never possibly get a guy at a bar because I would say something like that.

People's attitudes like that really piss me off. I mean, I guess I could try to not EVER talk about things like that, but when it comes down to it, that would require me to dumb myself down, and I'm not gonna fucking do that.... People just, for some reason, automatically assume I'm trying to make them feel bad or something just for talking about things I find interesting....

People think that just because I'm generally a kind human being, that I don't have a dark side.

Actually, now that I think about it, that kind of works out in my favor... MUHUHAHA 8)

Kitty, I agree with you. Anti-intellectualism sucks.

Heh, kitty I have that problem. If I am partying and not in an intellectual atmosphere and I start going off my friends just remind me, "Less thinking more drinking". It is really funny when my close friends do it, but I think sometimes I put off people that I am not so close with (especially where I live). BTW if some chick uses an educated vocabulary, or uses words that I don't know the meaning of I have a much higher amount of respect for that women.

Some people mistake my humor for hostility when honestly I have good intentions. Perhaps I really am an asshole though.... :(

Less thinking more drinking... hmm.... I'm gonna have to remember that one! :) It would be awesome if my friends would say that instead of making fun of me....

And it just occurred to me that some people think I'm a bit more of a bitch than I really am because I don't play games (i'm totally with you on that one lacey), and sometimes my bipolar makes that part of me really exaggerated... I'm really a very nice, giving person, but I don't tolerate stupidity, ignorance, or obnoxious attitudes - sometimes people find that out about me in not the nicest ways not too long after meeting me... I also have a VERY sarcastic sense of humor which doesn't help me out in that department much either....

I have never had a problem with you lacey your good in my book.

As for what people take wrong from me in real life I dont go out of my way to talk to people or what not and some times it probably makes me come off as rude or un friendly when most of the time I am to hung up on my own anxietal insecurities in my head and shy away. Its kinda frustrationg at times because I always wait for chicks to come to me, I dont think I have ever really asked a chick for her #, since high school maybee. Sure I get laid when I want but I dont get to approach the girls that I want to approach or when I do get a g/f that I think is good for me, I start to pick her apart till I can find away to ditch her. I am strange yea, but I think time will be the one to tell me when I found the right one. Oh and people say im pretty good looking as vain as that is I just thru that out there so you could see the whole problem.

Shit I feel like I am Dr. Bob or one of those afternoon talk-shows, gotta go...

I have the same problem as you kitty, I always have to dumb myself down around my friends because they have no idea what I'm talking about when I actually start talking about serious stuff.

And my humor is VERY VERY sarcastic, most people don't understand it at all. So I come off as an asshole a lot. But when the shit hits the fan, I am always the first person there helping everyone out.

>>They both then proceeded to make fun of me for saying "hyponatremia" and then implied that I could never possibly get a guy at a bar because I would say something like that.>>

If someone tries to pick me up in a bar, I would prefer that she use "anthropomorphic" and "hyponatremia" rather than not. :)

ebola

If you're always having to dumb yourself down around your friends then you might want to consider widening your circle of friends. Not to say that you should dump the current ones, but that really isn't something everyone should be able to make fun of you about. My whole group gets drunk and still talks like that, although once in a while we might have to clue each other in on the lingo that's specific to our fields...

Sometimes people think I'm getting all upset and worked up over something when I'm just debating things. I can argue about something without being pissed off at people that don't agree with me, and not everyone understands that.

lol, thanks for the tip on hangover prevention kitty! I didn't know that!!

Damn Lacey K I've read like 3 threads now where you complain about people not "getting you" right on bluelight. It must really bother you.

Anyway, people think I'm angry a lot of the time when I'm actually apathetic.

>>Sometimes people think I'm getting all upset and worked up over something when I'm just debating things. I can argue about something without being pissed off at people that don't agree with me, and not everyone understands that.>>

oooh...I've gotten this. It's just how I converse.

ebola

ahh I get the same thing! Everytime I try to debate with someone, they always get mad and think I am trying to attack them. Just because I don't agree with someone doesn't mean I don't respect their opinion. :\

I always give off the impression that I am killer or someone that will flip and just beat the shit out of a person. Well, I have done that, but I haven't killed anyone. What really pisses me off is when a chic thinks that of me. I would never hit that bitch even if she hit me, fucking bitch. But if you're a dude, there's no rules.

^try not calling her a bitch ;) Unless of course she deserves the title....