• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Oral DMT thread (Ayahuasca/Pharmahuasca)

Also, you could have some on hand to smoke if its not too intense. Smoking on top of an oral dose with MAOI I bet would be FANTASTIC (never done it myself).

prepare for intensity! :)

Toxic dose of harmine?

Is 200-300mg safe?, how much does it take before it gets toxic?.

From what i have heard harmine helps you so you dont become nauseous. What is the best dose for doing harmine alone 200mg?.

Also, in what way is harmine toxic?.

i think you'll have to find out for yourself by starting low the first time and upping the dose

i know it's not exactly the quickest, easiest way to get your answer, but there are many factors that may influence the quantity you will want

- how strong an experience do you want
- how pure the dmt you're taking is
- how does your metabolism react
- randomness

if i do the maths, the first time i drank ayahausca, there must have been around >50mg in it
i had an amazing experience
although now by comparision, much lighter than my later ones

i drank it a few more times and then developped a gag reflex to the horrible mixture

so after extracting the dmt, i started at 75mg i think
and got... nothing

another day, tried 100mg... almost nothing
120mg... just a little bit
and so on

i'm not sure if my extractions are that bad (i'd be surprised if they were that bad, i think the other factors are more important here) or if i'm more at ease with higher doses, or if my metabolism got used to it, but in the end, i get where i want to at around 380mg of dmt and 400 of extracted harmala from peganum harmala (no idea how pure either)

however, i did a couple of times have very disappointing experiences with the same amount (disappointing because very light)
i really have no idea what was the reason

as it usually takes a very long time to come up on me (up to 4h), that led me once to believe that it had failed and so i took an extra >150mg in order to save the day... only to feel the first 400mg come up in the next 10 minutes

that got me floored for a good 2h30

at such doses, you can say good bye to the next 2 days
you're too exhausted to be do much

there once was an oral dmt page with doses
it has disappeared since, but if i remember, it said that 150mg would be way enough for most people
but it mentionned higher doses (up to one gram which was called a heroic dose [there or somewhere else])
so i supposed that some people have gone up to that much

i wonder if there's much to gain, as with the highest doses i took, the pick of the experience was a bit... cloudy :)

75mg would be a good intense/hard trip, equivalent to 15 grams of mimosa hostilis bark. Harmaline + n,n-DMT = heaven/samadhi. The preferred method, by the way. Not interested in smoking DMT, again. :)

thats weird vegan, because 75mg blew me out of the freakin' water. i would NOT have wanted it anymore stronger than that it was the most intense trip ever!!

according to Massoud Mahmoudian, Hossein Jalilpour, Pirooz Salehian. “Toxicity of Peganum harmala: Review and a Case Report”. Iranian Journal Of Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 2002;1:1-4.

"A 35 year old male patient, who was under treatment for his addiction to opium, admitted to the clinic due to gastrointestinal distress. He explained that he had consumed 1 kg of sheep testicles in the belief that it would improve his well being, but resulted in emesis and vomiting. Then to his grandmother's recommendation and accord to the family tradition, he took around 150 g of seeds P. harmala. Due to her old age, the grandmother was not sure about the traditional dose. After that he experienced gastrointestinal distress and vomited blood. On physical examination, he showed slight elevation in body temperature (37.5C), a pulse rate of 100 beats per minute, and a low blood pressure (80/40mmHg), convulsion, tremor (limbs and facial muscles), and visual hallucinations as well as abdominal pain."

He survived, though he had to have treatment in a hospital. Also the article mentions a woman who overdosed with 50g, but she too was fine in the end.

The article is on erowid. http://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?ID=5972

Malmoesoldier said:
From what i have heard harmine helps you so you dont become nauseous.

Where the heck did you hear that? Nausea is closely associated with the use of ß-carbolines such as Harmine.

beta-carbolines have an antagonistic effect to benzos & if you consider benzos are sometimes given for their antiemetic properties...

beta carbolines have the opposite effect to benzos, so some nausea/anxiety seems inevitable. Even pure harmaline (Fluka 99 % grade) made my stomach churn somewhat

not a typo, no
i'm myself a bit puzzled
but those doses have been confirmed over the many times i've taken it

what i wonder is if i tried the brew again, would i need an average dose?
or would i need much more?

i doubt there's something that wrong with my extractions, and that it's been wrong in exaclty the same proportions every time i made one

i think my mind and/or body just grew a bit too much at ease with it

samadhi_smiles said:
Mz Thizzle have you ever smoked DMT?
Yes but I think a combo of things made it not work... wrong kind of pipe, not enough DMT, etc because nothing happened. I'd like to it again but I dont want it to be super intense on my first time, kind of a mid range dose would be nice, but by the way everyone here is making it sound, thats hard to determine a good amount, so I guess I'll just go for it and we'll see what happens.

And this is me this time, not my virtual drag-queen imposter ;)

I also need over 350 mg of DMT for the oral...its so variable
But I think needing this much is more uncommon than needing the lower doses.

lysergication said:
Did you ever try pure/synthetic harmaline/harmine and was it different than caapi ?

Tried a couple of extractions but still made me puke up pigs in a blanket like a sick fucking dog.

Never got to trying pure/synthetic as it costs an absolute fortune. Plus I wasn't convinced it was the purity that was the problem - it's the compound itself that makes you feel lousy.

lysergication said:
I knew you'd be one of the firsts to answer, thanks :)

I didn't want to let you down lysergic ;)

Yeah I tend to treat it just like any other psychedelic, take it, lay down and quietly let it come up. Once I even thought I hadn't taken enough and went to bed - then half an hour later I turned the light on and the patterns in the wallpaper were shapeshifting.

I've only tried the salvia tincture orally ("an extraordinary potion of enchantment" as the guy calls it) which is a lot less intense than smoking it.

I've always wanted to try oral DMT or 5-MeO-DMT. The problem with both of these compounds when administered via inhalation is the fact that they are so ephemeral. I think that taking it orally would allow me to unlock the "full potential" of the DMT(s). I've never done Ayahuasca--in part because I don't care for projectile vomiting. But I am certainly curious about the experience, particularly its purported long-term psychical benefits, which are often described as greater than those engendered by other psychedelics (thus far, LSD has been most beneficial for me).

For anyone who has experienced synthetic ayahuasca: did you use meclobemide or synthetic harmaline alkaloids? Do you think puking would still be a significant issue with purified harmaline? Also, did you it for therapeutic purposes or just for shits and giggles?

As for rituals, I usually always trip alone at home--taking the chemical in the early evening, as dusk approaches--with a tablet, a pen and some quality headphones. For me, the most critical ingredient in any chemical experience is good music.

Last edited:
Oral DMT definately unlocks it's full potential for all to see. I think it also has the most electrifying effect on music of any psychedelic.

Moclobemide and DMT freebase are the way to go if you want to avoid vomiting. You may still vomit a little as the DMT hits as it's so overwhelming physically and mentally but it's certainly not a vomitathon like standard ayahuasca.

Moclobemide wont produce any effect like harmine at all together with DMT right?. is it safe to take both moclobemide and harmine together with oral DMT? or does the effects of combining moclobemide and harmine make the trip bad in some way?.