• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Oral DMT thread (Ayahuasca/Pharmahuasca)

Why take the moclobemide if you are going to take the harmine?

The reason people take moclobemide in the first place is so that they won't be taking harmala alks which can cause nausea while the moclo. doesn't cause anywhere near as much body load.

adrian89987 said:
I also need over 350 mg of DMT for the oral...its so variable
But I think needing this much is more uncommon than needing the lower doses.

Hold on a minute adrian, how are you taking the MAOI and what are using as an MAOI? If you're taking the MAOI at the same time as the DMT then I imagine most of the DMT is being inactivated before it does anything. The other possibility is you arn't taking enough MAOI for it to be effective.

I don't believe anyone who takes 300mg of Moclobemide an hour before dropping the DMT will need anything like 350mg of DMT freebase. If you've got the MAOI sorted out correctly then 350mg of DMT will put anyone down hard.

adrian89987 said:
Why take the moclobemide if you are going to take the harmine?

The reason people take moclobemide in the first place is so that they won't be taking harmala alks which can cause nausea while the moclo. doesn't cause anywhere near as much body load.

I was thinking that the moclobemide maybe would take away the nausea you get from harmine, so you could drop the harmine first and some minutes later the moclobemide. As i understand it harmine makes the DMT trip far more powerful then if you combine the dmt with moclobemide. I have heard also that 200mg harmine wont give you any nausea, but offcourse it is different for different people some need more and some need less, but i guess when you find the dose that is good for you you dont get any nausea.

Another little curiosity: anyone have experience with both harmaline and harmine? Which one do you find better?

Ismene said:
Hold on a minute adrian, how are you taking the MAOI and what are using as an MAOI? If you're taking the MAOI at the same time as the DMT then I imagine most of the DMT is being inactivated before it does anything. The other possibility is you arn't taking enough MAOI for it to be effective.

I don't believe anyone who takes 300mg of Moclobemide an hour before dropping the DMT will need anything like 350mg of DMT freebase. If you've got the MAOI sorted out correctly then 350mg of DMT will put anyone down hard.

I eat it 30-60 minutes before ingesting the DMT. I use Syrian Rue which always seems to have plenty of maoi effects enough to potentiate mushrooms and potentiate smoked-dmt, so I'm sure the seeds aren't just bunk. I eat usually 3.5 grams of the seeds, powdered, and then swallowed with capsules. The last time I ate 5 grams of rue and 380 mg of DMT, I did trip pretty hard....but not THAT hard. Even smoked DMT is much harder for me to get effects off of than any of my friends that have been introduced.
Using the same smoking techniques as my friends, I always require at the very least twice as much to get to the same place...even after trying a variety of smoking methods (enhanced leaf, machine, lightbulb, layered between leaf, etc.)

I've really come to believe that I have a very high natural tolerance to DMT, because I have NEVER been able to get effects very easy.

Last edited:
adrian do you have experience with rue and shrooms?. How much pulverised rue (REMOVED SOURCE) would i need to 1-2g shrooms?

Last edited by a moderator:
How experienced are you with mushrooms?

I say this because the potentiation can often become more intense than expected. Start with 1-2 grams of rue. Normally I go with 3.5 grams everytime I eat mushrooms. There is definitely more bodyload when combined with mushies, but I find it leads to an often deeper and more introspective trip.

Hey, great idea, swilow my brethren! I added a link to the Best of PD page. This has been a long time coming, I think. :)

math & dmt

I was curious, would mixing methamphetamine and DMT be a bad combination?
Naturally combining random chemicals is going to be a bad idea, but I'm wondering if there is a known issue with this combination?

If you mean meth with oral DMT, which requires and MAOI, then yes, it would be an extremely bad and potentially deadly combination.

Carden said:
I was curious, would mixing methamphetamine and DMT be a bad combination?
Naturally combining random chemicals is going to be a bad idea, but I'm wondering if there is a known issue with this combination?

This thread is resevered for discussing oral DMT, so if thats wat you mean, yes it would be very dangerous.

Mz_Thizzle said:
Yes but I think a combo of things made it not work... wrong kind of pipe, not enough DMT, etc because nothing happened. I'd like to it again but I dont want it to be super intense on my first time, kind of a mid range dose would be nice, but by the way everyone here is making it sound, thats hard to determine a good amount, so I guess I'll just go for it and we'll see what happens.

"medium" dose trips are not as pleasant as full blown breakthroughs.
DMT is strange in that the medium dose range produces the most negative effects compared to breakthroughs or low doses

There is definitely more bodyload when combined with mushies
do the harmala extraction
it's extremely easy and you only need water, salt and a fridge

it's so much better than having to eat (and throw up) the awful tasting peganum seeds

and it can make the nausea totally disappear

vegan said:
do the harmala extraction
it's extremely easy and you only need water, salt and a fridge

it's so much better than having to eat (and throw up) the awful tasting peganum seeds

and it can make the nausea totally disappear

What is the harmala extraction?. rue in a glas of water with salt in the fridge?:p

is it safe to take ginger together with rue, maybe that will help also?.

Last edited:
Are there many of you currently conducting research into oral DMT and moclobemide? Any recent tips that you've come across? Foods to help it kick in? Best way to avoid MAOI complications?

I had my first experience with oral DMT a little while back--using meclobemide as the MAOI--and it was sublime. I pre-treated with 300mg meclobemide in the late afternoon and then took 75mg DMT freebase (well, DMT citrate dissolved in dH2O, but 75 is the eq. freebase mass) at T+45min. About 90min before the meclobemide, I had eaten a small turkey sandwich with veggies but no cheese (in no way do you have to worry about the "cheese death syndrome" with meclobemide, but I didn't feel like cheese anyway).

The trip was fantastic and extremely visual (just as visual as smoked DMT for me), with virtually no nausea. The experience gave me an interesting body feeling, however--I felt glued to the rug, with significant myorelaxation and body 'heaviness.' Duration was approximately 2.5 hours for visuals and synaesthesia, with nice lingering afterglow for the rest of the day. Overall, I think meclobemide is as translucent as one can get with an MAOI, activating the DMT without adding peripheral side effects. Highly recommended--all the greatness of DMT, none of the pain of smoking it and a long enough duration to really appreciate the effects!

^I used 100mgs with synthetic DMT and syrian rue about a year ago just to satisfy my curiosity. It took four hours to come on (that's happened to me before with mimosa though), but there was no nausea--which is strange since I thought it was supposed to be the harmala alkaloids in oral DMT brews that made people sick. It also felt cleaner and smoother than with mimosa, but at the same time much more sterile. I never got past an uninteresting ++.

It's difficult to make any conclusions from one--extraordinarily delayed--trip, but in my many years of experience with oral DMT I've never gotten sick until I take the DMT plant brew (mimosa or psychotria viridis). The trip from the plant brew is also more interesting than synthetic DMT intramuscularly injected alone, and my experience with the oral synthetic concoction implies that taking syrian rue with IM DMT probably would not change things much qualitatively. In fact, my oral synthetic DMT and syrian rue trip felt much more like a weaker, but qualitatively comparable version of an IM synthetic DMT trip than it did an oral mimosa/rue trip--despite syrian rue's purported psychedelic influence on the trip. Perhaps a DMT plant extraction would preserve whatever else is in mimosa that makes the trip more "vigorous" (if there is any such something) while at the same reducing nausea.

One hint that I found worked was to take the DMT freebase and moclobemide with coca-cola. Apparantly the phosphoric acid in the cola forms the DMT phosphate salt which is the least nauseating.

I'll do some more experiementing with it to find out whether it works or not for sure.