• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Oral DMT thread (Ayahuasca/Pharmahuasca)

I am planning on making some mimosa hostilis brew. I have a couple of questions though, I can either buy the root bark whole or root bark powder. I don't have a coffee grinder so am thinking about buying the powder, unless I can put the bark into the brew as it is.

I was hoping to make a brew with 100g of bark and then store the brew that I don't use. Does anyone have any tips on how best to store the brew for future dosing. Would I be able to freeze it?

I will be using syrian rue 10x extract as the MAOI. Would taking 300mg of this in a capsule be sufficient?

i have never noticed a difference btwn powder and whole bark

Your best bet for long term storage would be to keep the bark as is rather than making a brew and freezing.

I would brew up as much bark as you plan to use and leave the rest dry.

If you have no choice but to brew it all than the freezer would be your best bet.

Powder is a lot easier to work with than bark - you have to break the bark up with a hammer as it's thick peices of wood. Takes a lot of work.

Bought some powder and got some syrian rue seeds instead of the 10x extract. What is the optimal way to eat the seeds? Can I just swallow them whole or would it be better to crush them up first?

You absolutely must crush them up first. Some vendors sell pre-powdered syrian rue, which I prefer. I just encapsulate and swallow, though many insist on making a water extract. If you don't have a coffee grinder putting the seeds between sheets of old newspaper and pulverizing them against something really hard with a sledge hammer works good. You need to find a place where you can do this without attracting attention first though.

I have eaten a bit of cheese and some peanuts today and had some burgers at a barbeque, the burgers seemed like they were quite fresh but I am not quite sure.

Would it be better to wait until tomorrow to do the mimosa and rue, or should it be fine if I do it in a few hours?

In cheese there are tyramine and others amines that the body breaks quickely.
IMAO blocks the enzimes that do it.
Thoses amines are nasty (head heach, hypertensive).
As soon as you enterly digest the cheese, there is no more amines in your body, you can take the ayahuska.
If you eat the DMT, then take the IMAO you will feel nothing, cause the DMT is already destroy, same thing for the cheese.

im on my phone so i cant look around for an answer easily

can it take more than 2.5h for the dmt to kick in?

i took 0.450mg of 10x syrian rue extract, waited 45min and in the meanwhile i let the dmt freebase sit in orange juice, took 120mg of extracted dmt in two shots 5min apart.

now it has been more than 2.5hours and still nothing, if the dmt extract was not potent i think id still get dilated pupils or minor effects. is it possible that i have not taken enough rue extract? or should i still be expecting something

edit: so nothing happened, what did i do wrong? i want to try it again today, should i increase the dose for both or one of them? 700mg rue and 225mg dmt?

edit2: took 650mg of rue and 250of dmt freebase extract, same procedure, got minor effects shortly after takin the dmt, geometric cev's, minor oevs and a general psychedelic feel, but they were gone within 20-30min. i know the dmt is not pure since i havent been able to blast off vaping it, but i would think that the minor effects would stay if they weren't metabolised, so is it right to say that the rue extract is not potent, im starting to think that its not even made from the seeds, how much of the rue extract should i take next time based on this diary?

Last edited:
I had my first analogous-ayahuasca experience 2 weeks ago, and I must say it was the absolute most peaceful moments of my life.

I brewed up 5g Syrian Rue and 10g Mimosa, separately and utilizing lemon juice. Me, not having any prior knowledge as to how to properly brew sacramental beverages, ended up adding waaaaaayy too much water to my brews, giving me enough brew to fill up 10 mugs.

I dosed the rue, and 15 minutes later I began sipping the mimosa portion, finishing one cup ovewr a few minute, then the next, then a break, then the next. Needless to say by that time I'd gotten to my 6th cup or so I was already peaking. I felt every single form of tranquility imaginable all simultaneously. I am very glad I "messed up" by adding too much water; doing so let me have a gradual intake of it and I ended up easing into the . I got a very great introductory experience to it. The world felt so much more real as I laid on my bed, half my wall blue and the other half orange (I had a dim nightlight on, and this took place maybe around 11AM?) and this set off a chain of introspections, beginning with the balance and relevance that duality has in my life and spiralling deeper. I laid there in a trance for what felt like years, just asking any question in my mind and having the answer told to me before I even finished asking it. I felt as though I was just flipping through the Akashic Records as I pleased.

I would definitely want to take it in a more traditional setting in the Amazon however.

im on my phone so i cant look around for an answer easily

i took 0.450mg of 10x syrian rue extract, waited 45min and in the meanwhile i let the dmt freebase sit in orange juice, took 120mg of extracted dmt in two shots 5min apart.

now it has been more than 2.5hours and still nothing, if the dmt extract was not potent i think id still get dilated pupils or minor effects. is it possible that i have not taken enough rue extract? or should i still be expecting something

edit: so nothing happened, what did i do wrong? i want to try it again today, should i increase the dose for both or one of them? 700mg rue and 225mg dmt?

edit2: took 650mg of rue and 250of dmt freebase extract, same procedure, got minor effects shortly after takin the dmt, geometric cev's, minor oevs and a general psychedelic feel, but they were gone within 20-30min. i know the dmt is not pure since i havent been able to blast off vaping it, but i would think that the minor effects would stay if they weren't metabolised, so is it right to say that the rue extract is not potent, im starting to think that its not even made from the seeds, how much of the rue extract should i take next time based on this diary?

My guess is that the rue extract is not very good meaning you are not fully inhibitiing MAO, Theres no telling how much of your extract you will need, I recommend either getting some Rue seeds and eat like 3.5g of them or try to find yourself some moclobemide or other MAOI source.

I'd be careful though cause if at some point you manage to get full MAO inhibition and you still take 250mg of DMT it Could potentially be a very very very strong trip. Though theres really no telling as an effective oral dose of DMT can be very variable between people.

yes
for me it takes 4h every time

i usually a slight change at around 2h but very light end which doesn't evolve.
then almost at +4h sharp, it goes to 70 % in a few minutes

1.5g powder (coffee grounded) syrian rue seeds taken 45min before ingesting 100mg DMT + an additional 1.5g syrian rue powder in a gel cap, works every time.

My guess is that the rue extract is not very good meaning you are not fully inhibitiing MAO, Theres no telling how much of your extract you will need, I recommend either getting some Rue seeds and eat like 3.5g of them or try to find yourself some moclobemide or other MAOI source.

I'd be careful though cause if at some point you manage to get full MAO inhibition and you still take 250mg of DMT it Could potentially be a very very very strong trip. Though theres really no telling as an effective oral dose of DMT can be very variable between people.

Yea now that I'm pretty sure it's the MAOI, because the minor effects I got were probably from an overload of DMT getting through the MAOs. So the next time I will take a regular dose of DMT and vary the rue extract. Are there any dangers with taking too much MAOI, I'm sure there are risks but what are the signs.

Would taking 1g of the rue extract be excessive? Or like 0.9g? I still have some left and I want to try it again today.

edit: whoa, I took 1g of the rue extract, waited 50min, then took 150mg of DMT, after 20-25min I started feeling it however only minor effects, even milder than when I took 250mg of DMT (obviously)... however this time it kinda peaked where my pupils would stay dilated and then it diminished... but it didn't go away like last time. It has been an hour or two since and I still have sorta dilated pupils (dilated if not too much daylight and they're unstable in daylight) and I still feel the mood change... I'm rather enjoying this but I don't even have CEVs. So did the MAOI kinda work now since it the effects didn't completely go away like last time? I think that not only is my rue extract impotent but so is my DMT. Next time I will try the rest of my rue extract (should be a little bit more than a gram) and 200mg+ of DMT, and the time after that I will try with B. Caapi since I cannot order syrian rue to Canada anymore.

Last edited:
When i try this, I'm definitely going to use 300mg Moclobemide as the MAOI rather than try a brew and it not working. The lesser chance of purging sounds far more attractive as well.

I'm no cook/chemist so hopefully I can managed to get the MHRB prep right!

Here's what i'm trying:

10g powdered MHRB
Deionised water acidified with white wine vinegar (1 tablespoon/litre enough? I've got PH strips to check) - How much water will I need for 10g MHRB?
Simmer for 1 hour (or should this be longer?)
Filter using a t-shirt
Repeat simmering/filtering 3 times

Take 300g Moclobemide 45mins prior to consumption of the liquid.

Done.

I read that consuming a little fat (bread dipped in olive oil/butter) along with the liquid can help your body to absorb the good stuff. Any truth in this?

Last edited:
300mg of moclobemide is guaranteed full MAOI inhibition. It's a safer MAOI than any of the rue/caapi ones too. If you drop a 300mg tablet you will have full MAOI inhibition.

If the DMT doesn't seem to be kicking in after 30-40 mins it's worth taking a couple of mouthfuls of buttered toast, something to get your digestion moving. DMT often kicks in very quickly after you've eaten something.

Bon voyage.

Sorry for the bump but any comments on what I asked above?

Use something more than a tshirt. Trust me, a tshirt's pore size is way too big, and heaps of the very very fine powder, which is almost like a micro dust or suet, will simply go through and be havoc on your stomach.

This is where i went wrong on all my extractions, and even the time i did have coffee filters, i fucked it up because i was too impatient.

When you filter it, use something like a coffee filter. One of those plunger type ones would work i think.

But if you can only get ahold of the actual paper filters themselves, first do a rough filter with a shirt or cheese cloth etc, then make sure that you leave the ayahuasca brew to settle for an hour after that. Now with as little disturbing as possible, pour the brew slowly(making sure your not disturbing the settlement) through the filter. When you start getting to last quarter, you will be clogging up the filter. So you may need to change filters a couple times to get the last quarter or so of brew.

OK, thanks for the info. :)

moonyham, in what way were you too impatient and how did it fuck it up?

I filtered half of it then when it was taking too long because of clogging, i decided fuck it, ill just drink it without filtering the other half. I remember drinking it and feeling all the fine dust attach to my throat and mouth, BLEH!