• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

gillywin is gone

Condolences to all of Gilly's friends and family.

One of the nicest girls one could ever hope to meet.

to all her friends and family.... my deepest and warmest condolences.

To Gilly, I never spoke to you or knew you... however from the reaction of the Bluelight populace, you have touched m any people. You will be cherished and remembered.

F

I'm absolutely devestated. I really do not know what to say. I sincerely feel for the Perth bl community. I know most of the sydney crew and although not terrible close i cant imagine who much more terrible i would feel should we lose one of them.

My deepest condolences to the Perth crew. I had a chatted with Gilly win over the PM board and as most have suggested she seemed to be bright and cheerful. I think she was absoultely georgous and devestated. I suppose its those you least expect.

I cant help but feel sad. I at times have felt the desperation/depression and empathise more than i can explain. Its absoultely tragic I hope the same never happens to anyone else, me included.

Rest in peace.

ben.

I chatted to Gilly a few times... She sent me the nicest pm once, telling me to continue to write after she read one of my stories in Words. That one message gave me such confidence... as ridiculous as it sounds...

Bless you Gilly :(

To Gilly,
You'll forever be in our hearts and thoughts.We will love and miss you forever

:( :(

Originally posted by KemicalBurn
She told me she was thinking of coming over. she made me promise we'd all throw her a big do when she got here...:(

i know :(

we had movies to see. movies! :(

I cant believe i stupidly fucking deleted the PM she sent me about the dream she had of me. I can be so thoughtless at times...

all because i didnt fucking archive it properly.

/kicks self :(

there's lots of that going on. the last thing i said to her (on thursday night) was 'haha you live in perth' :(

way to go me.

^^ hardly something to beat your self on for.

RIP. Commiserations to friends and family.

oh god.. i cant believe this.

i had so many beautiful conversations with Gilly on MSN.. this is an absolute tragedy.

we'll miss you so much Gilly...:(

Love, B

i only just found out - what the hell??

rip in peace beautiful girl

I never ever had any contact with Gilly. I was always a bit intimidated by her smarts and her pretty pretty face.

I feel so terribly sad for her family and friends. And to the person that found her. It just goes to show, after some discussion with my bf, that you should never ever take friends or family for granted. We all do it, but this is certanly a wake up call as to why we shouldnt.

RIP sweetheart.

I don't know what to say either...have been up all night driving around and thinking and still my mind is blank:( even more sad is that i txt her late Friday night to come out, i wish i had rung her now:( I had so much respect for her and she always had a smile for us...I know i will never forget you Gilly xxx Rest in peace.....

gillian

i am gillians brother and my family and myslef would like to thank everyone for their support during this terrible time.This is my first time on this site and it so amazing to see the amount of ppl who cared for her so much so was such a beautiful person and she has cleary touched alot of ppl including ourselves. for those who wish, we are not sure for definate but the funeral will probably be on friday we will let u know more when we know . jonathan

I never had the opportunity to talk with her at any of the perth events or the like, but from what i've seen here and in her posts she seemed like an easygoing and well liked person, my thoughts go out to everyone that was ever in contact with her......

Hope she is in peace now...

R.I.P Gilly :(

endlesseulogy said:
This is bad news :( My condolences go out to anyone that knew her. Someone said above that her recent posts have had no indication of any suicidal intention, however id like to add that i dont find this surprising as most people who indend on killing themselves usually do it without dropping hints. They unfortunatly tend to slip away quietly.

:(

This is true... this is my experience (first hand) also.

So please, I beg of you... all her friends... do not blame yourselves. People who are serious about leaving to escape their pain rarely post warning flags when they're about to do it. They don't do that because they don't want to worry you, they just want to slip away and be invisible and in that state of mind I truly believe that *they* believe they're doing the only thing they can do. And I'm sure, she loved you all too; so much. I can almost say that with utter certainty, even though I don't know her at all.

Rest well, Gilly. I always thought you were one of the most beautiful girls I'd ever seen in a photo, from reading the last 4 pages of posts I know you touched many hearts, and your life will not be forgotten.

Re: gillian

jonnywin said:
i am gillians brother and my family and myslef would like to thank everyone for their support during this terrible time.This is my first time on this site and it so amazing to see the amount of ppl who cared for her so much so was such a beautiful person and she has cleary touched alot of ppl including ourselves. for those who wish, we are not sure for definate but the funeral will probably be on friday we will let u know more when we know . jonathan

we are so sorry for your loss and there are many who will want to pay their respects at the funeral.:(

just a tentative suggestion: perhaps a couple of drinks (and i truly mean that in the respectful sense) for gilly at next week's melbourne meet-up in lieu of actually being able to go to perth (obviously) for the funeral.

anyway, i'll be there (it's at e55).

it's in the events forum. i might cross-post this.

to gilly's brother: thanks for posting. so sorry for your loss. it's just tragic :(

This is a real tragedy. I didn't know Gilly at all but really liked her posts. Tis an enormous loss to all those who had encountered her. Condolences to her family, friends and the Perth crew. Losing a member of your family or community in such awful circumstances is just devestating.
Clearly her death came as a shock as most suicides do. To those close to Gilly - people who are suicidal tend to hide it extremely well. Don't think that you should have recognised a problem, don't think there was something you could have done.
Just be assured that your troubled girl is at peace now.