• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

gillywin is gone

this news has shocked and baffled me..as i have only known here from what she has posted and the chats we sometimes has..it always hits home hard when it someone from a tightly knit community such as ours
you will be greatly missed and morned apon as you seemed to be one of the great shinning lights of bluelight

my condolences to family and friends of GillyWin
R.I.P GillyWin

Last edited:
Oh no no no. not gilly. :(

Only today i was on the verge of getting another snow dome to send over to her.

This is so sad. she was so funny, smart and caring...

I still cant believe it.

Rest In Peace Gilly and condolences to everyone whos life she touched.

I never actually met her but we spent hours chatting on the net. So shocked. A very sad day indeed. I only hope she's in a better place now.

<3 :(

Dug this up from the gallery....
39259104_0455.JPG

Sucha beautiful person...inside and out

i chatted to her on msn all teh time... she always seemed so upbeat and happy, sometimes stresse3d, but we all get that... she is such a beautiful and amazing girl...

you will be missed....

Got the call from Red Koi as well.

A job he has undertaken tha leaves me with the greatest respect for the man. That is not easy to do at all.

My last conversation was with her on Wednesday...

[00:12] SuperGilly: i've been in 3rd year for 2 yrs
[00:13] SuperGilly: and i think its going to last even longer at this rate!!
[00:13] cheshire: i sympathize. Cleverly changing one of my majors I think I will be in 2.5 year next year... not out of year 2 but not fully into year 3. Its a hassle but hey - beats working full time ;)
[00:14] SuperGilly: hehehe, student life! How long have you lived a student life?
[00:14] SuperGilly: 5th year for myseld
[00:15] cheshire: oh ages now... 2nd year of uni and I have already done 2 years of TAFE... then there was the one year break in between high school/tafe and tafe/uni which was like working casual and chilling all year....
[00:15] cheshire: i really have to get my arse into gear ;)
[00:16] SuperGilly: I really seriously wonder (this is about myself, dont take it as an insult) how i could ever finally deal with real fulltime work
[00:16] cheshire: oh it takes plenty to insult me and do not worry, I have thought the same thing
[00:16] SuperGilly: i've done my fair share of weeks at semi full time hours
[00:16] cheshire: something in you has to die. plain and simple.
[00:17] SuperGilly: and whinged
[00:17] cheshire: everyone who does fulltime has that thousand yard stare in the eyes
[00:17] SuperGilly: the monotone life
[00:17] SuperGilly: i dont want it just yet
[00:17] cheshire: neither...it seems almost like a prison sentence of sorts
[00:18] SuperGilly: i like waking up at different times, and doing different things
[00:18] cheshire: yeah. the knowledge that if you save money for a month you can take off to another place for a fortnight with no repercussions
[00:18] SuperGilly: 2-3 years, we will both be corporate whores .. with routine
[00:19] SuperGilly: i dont want to think 2-3 puts me in the 23-25 age bracket
[00:19] SuperGilly: 25!!

[00:26] SuperGilly: I only ever loved writing when it was something that interested me, and then kicking ass and getting good marks was really worth it
[00:27] SuperGilly: (which makes me miss writing .. since i've signed myself off to the evil hybrid maths/law contingent of life)
[00:27] cheshire: yeah you chose a different path at that fork in the road :)
[00:27] SuperGilly: its for the best
[00:27] SuperGilly: haha
[00:28] SuperGilly: I have to say though, completely irrelevant to anything at all. But if you get the chance go see The Machinist
[00:28] SuperGilly: i've been trying to get the message out on how good this movie is
[00:29] cheshire: aaah the Christian Bale looking skinny one ?
[00:29] SuperGilly: yes thats the one
[00:29] SuperGilly: extremely skinny
[00:30] SuperGilly: its a very interesting movie though
[00:31] SuperGilly: bedtime for me :)
[00:31] cheshire: yeah me too soon. Gnite GW :)
[00:31] SuperGilly: night, goodluck with the exam on friday :)
[00:32] *** "SuperGilly" signed off at Wed Jun 15 00:32:00 2005.
[00:32] *** One or more messages may have been undeliverable. Try closing and reopening this window.
[00:32] cheshire: cheers!
Session Close (SuperGilly): Wed Jun 15 00:32:02 2005

She was there with PM's when I was feeling depressed and used to come up to me and chat at events.
She was the first ever bluelighter to introduce herself to me.

How can she be talking about the future then in less than 70 hours be taking her life?

Poor Gilly. I hope whatever questions you had have been answered.

I hope you have found peace.

from what we talked about, she was going through some rough patches in her life, and it felt like she was getting more distant from her family and friends the more i talked to her on msn.

she was a cool person though, with great taste in music. i respect her decision though; while it is a regrettable one she wasn't the type of person to do things on a whim.

msn just got more boring. stay cool gilly

I only ever had one real life friend commit suicide.
It came as a shock to me more than ever as I thought i knew him so well. We hung out at parties. Got drunk got stoned pulled chicks together and just fucked around. He didn't give a hint that he was going to hang himself.
No one ever learnt why.
I think thats thew hardest part.
Just not knowing why!

My heart goes out to Gilly and her family. The times I chatted to her on MSN she seemed to be the nicest, sweetest, most fun loving and caring person.

May her soul rest in peace.

I havent prayed in a long long time.
But Gilly, tonight you will be in my prayers.
much love.

I wish our little beautiful blue-eyed Gill all my love.
She will be missed, especially when next we Bluelighters test out blood alcohol levels [who knew such a small girl could consume so much and still walk? I still have thave the photo].
Let us reflect on this and think of all the fond memories.
She would have wanted it that way.
No one likes a downer.
We shall have to make a little tribute to her at the next meet-up.
If we're all at Teebee we can hug for her.
Until then let us take this moment and realise that things are never what they seem, as such tell your friends and family you love them everyday.. you never what they could be going through.
Thank you for bein' such a party girl, you're love and friendship was truely appreciated.
'Til next we meet, where ever it may be...
PEACE

The 2004 Sci-Fi meet-up, good times.
She was stylin' as always... even if she didn't wear the Official t-shirt.
=D

PEACE

babe..

the news has shattered me...

i know you will never read this...

but... i hope you understand... you will be missed..

i don't know why.. and i guess i'll never understand...

you were a wonderful person... one of the only people i have been able to click with within the first minute of meeting...

your smile was able to light up a room...

you could always make me laugh, even at the strangest of times..

you've touched a lot of people, and you may not have realised it, but we were all there for you, no matter what the problem...

i know i wasn't there, so i can't know what you were feeling, but please know, wherever you are now, that nothing is ever worth taking your life for...

pain is temporary... bonds are forever...

you may be gone, but never forgotten...

i've still got your message... telling me you were coming to see me in a few weeks... i'll keep it always... and i'll keep waiting... even though you will never come... :(

fuck life sucks sometimes................................................. :( :( :(:(

The times I met u I thought u were the most kewlest chick...u soooo rockd this world of ours.

RIP GillyWin

this is such shocking news.

i just dont know what to say but i hope she has gone to a better place.

she'd always told me she understood how i felt about wanting to kill myself when i'd been down, but i never realised quite how much she thought about it. i feel terrible. this is fucked up. i should stop posting.

I know that I can take pride in the fact that I, like many, thought that she was a guy before I met her.
She was truely greatful for this.
It was for this and many reasons she was such a wonderful girl.
I'm just trying to find amusements in the anarchy of it all.
Why anyone, especially such a wonderful, talented girl like Gill would do anything like this is beyond me.
Let us hope that where ever she is that the happiness she could not find here she has found in the beyond.
YOU WILL BE FOREVER MISSED.
PEACE

although having never met her i will cry myself to sleep tonight....i am just so devistated.....to have this affect on people she's never met, is a true test to her chararacter

:(