• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Poker

I started playing poker about a month ago, and since then I've moved on to online play for real cash. Early last week I deposited 30, and have since turned it into 150. I have found the game to fill a niche that was once filled by a much more expensive card game *cough*magic*cough*. Not to mention I feel like I have a natural nack for the game.

And anyways I was just wondering if anyone here plays. I was wondering if anyone had figured out a way to read some of the online players. If I could tell what half the field was doing I'd feel much more in control of the game, for now the only tell I get is the bet, and it's hard to spot tells on a bet.

Online poker is a scam. Basically if your winning your a goomba... So... Enjoy winning and living a false reality.

I don't do too badly in home games and live tournaments etc but online is just tilting me lately. Pre flop I feel I am doing most things right but OTF I am too passive. I have been c-betting the flop a lot more and that's improved my win rate. I just need to work on when to re raise etc.

Awesome game. Keeps you occupied. Great spectator sport as well (when you can see the whole cards).

^ not really.

played at the card club last night. regular small tourney. they only had one table and i was alternate 3. it's a rebuy so i waited nearly an hour to sit. i sit through a dead small blind and dead button and get pocket 10s in late position first hand. i raise about 2.75 times the bb. two folds then a chick (who i saw make the loosest call ever - and lose - one hand before) goes all in. she has me covered. guy to her left thinks for what seemed like 10 minutes then folded his pocket jacks.

she turns over pocket 8s. hits an 8 on the river. i player for about 90 seconds i think.

what a brutal, beautiful game :)

alasdair