Votes: 10 13.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 33 42.9%

• Total voters

Cyc

Bluelighter
So, I'm getting this game in the mail soon. What should I expect? Anyone else into the MMo genre?

*groans* world of warcrack is absolutely addicting, according to my husband, who I last spoke to about a month ago, the day before he got it.

It's like an online version of DnD, I would say, but I haven't played it, so don't really know.

Well, I've never actually 'gotten into' an MMORPG before. However, I love Blizzard's products. Their RTS games are unparalelled, and I've heard good things about WoW as well.

I've never been a DnD or Everquest geek, though I was on the betalist for Lineage 2. I tried it, and I liked some aspects of it.

WoW is said to be much better than Lineage 2, so I'm looking forward to that little package.

:)

Wow is great! The game really starts when you get to level 60 (capped).
Having your CC bounce and then waiting to get back on again, isn't :)

I beta tested UO and hated it, so I kind of wrote off the whole MMORPG thing. I tried WoW during the stress test and really, really enjoyed it. However, I just don't have the time to spend playing this sort of game. :(

I played the stress test and there's a big thread in the lounge I think about WoW, I didn't like it - but that being said I don't really like a lot of games lately, it's just hard to keep my interest in them.

I prefer sports games.

What is the fighting system like??

If its anything like Diablo then this is a complete rip off
If it's like warcraft 3 then I'll definitely have to check it out

Thanks for the link TLB

I think the fight system will be closer to Diablo than WC3, simply because WC3 is a RTS game by definition, which is an entire genre away from 3D MMORPG.

WC3 used a lot of D2's ideas with hero development. It's basically a scaled down version of it.

I'd expect the fight system to be micro units in a macro environment.

WC3 was macro units in a micro environment.

Extremely addictive game. I can't get enough of it. I copied the directory onto my portable hard drive so I could play it at uni when I wasn't busy in programming class... but I usually end up playing it constantly :\

Good fun though. Blizzard have out-done themselves on this one.

Aside from the server issues they have a pretty good game on thier hands. ITs lacking high end content hopefully they will add more soon or level 60 people will begin to get bored.

I'm waiting for them to make an expansion that includes Northrend (the third continent). And to up the maximum level to like 90 or 100 or something when you add the expansion to your account.

Don't try playing now, though.

Shit has hit the fan, and the new patch has messed up WoW severly.

What kind of compensation do they give to people who can't play for a few days due to problems on their end?

I am so not a fan of this game.

The fact that you can unlearn skills and re-learn different ones with the same skill points looks to me like it will eventually be a case of everyone having an identical character.

Monster! Oh Gods....

Option A: Click wait kill
Option B: Click wait run

Repeat about 10,000 times.

Blizzard are just too cartoony and kiddy these days. That and the WoW community shit me to tears.

I woudl wait until GuildWars comes out... it was developed by a bunch of employees who left Blizzard after Diablo2. It isnt a pay-per-month thing either.

Shnouzer - what's the difference from WoW and other MMORPG's in their Options (from Option A and B)?

What kind of compensation do they give to people who can't play for a few days due to problems on their end?

A nice "i'm sorry" in different versions.

on its own, its pretty cool

relative to the other mmorpgs out there - its jsut a huge rip off and all around terrible

if ur an old skool gamer (certainly meaning pre-pc rpg days), youll be dissapointed to say the least

if you are new to the mmog world (new meaning last 4-5 years) then you will probably have fun playing it.

will eventually be a case of everyone having an identical character.

this is known as the FOTM phenomenon

I beta tested UO and hated it

so did i! what server? i was one of the best known PKs on my server (chessy). people camped my house for fucks sake. i had over 4,200 confirmed solo murders on my pk.

oh and basing UO off of its beta test would be like basing the human development of flight off of the first wright brother's flight test.

UO was the greatist game of all time, pre trammel patch. after that EA owning OSI just sent the company down the drain patch by patch. it pretty much went downhill after richard garriot left OSI.

however, its hardly what all mmorpgs are like. its a fegging 2d engine. top of the line rpgs have gone past 3d rpg engines and moved into the fps based engines allready.

back to WoW tho - like i said the game isnt bad, its just a replicate of things that were implemented time and time again, years upon years ago. relative to its competition, the only thing keeping it alive is the huge company backing it up. its kind of like coming out with another 8 bit scrolling action game, and convincing people new to the gaming world that its worth money.

http://www.camelotherald.com/section.php?id=22

Last edited:
DarthMom said:
*groans* world of warcrack is absolutely addicting, according to my husband, who I last spoke to about a month ago, the day before he got it.

Same here except it was my boyfriend, who sacrifised the relationship for the game (among other things) so naturally i hate it!

Well, I got the game on Thursday.. It's now Sunday (I think)

To be perfectly honest, I love it... too much.

For Easter day, they hid actual Easter eggs all around the world and had players find them. I only found one. :(

The only other MMORPG I've played is Lineage 2. Compared to that, this game blows it out of the water. The quests are consistent. The levelling takes a while, but not too long. The options for upgrading skills and gear are very cool.

Overall, this game is built solid. The world is absolutely huge!

Problems I'm having with the game.

My eyes hurt

My back hurts

I'm sketchy from staring intently at a monitor for hours on end

I haven't called my friends all weekend

I have loads of homework that isn't done

But yeah, the game itself owns.