• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 33 42.9%

• Total voters
Any world of warcraft players in here?
don't come in here and start flaming:p , its a good game!

if so, what level, class, faction, realm are you?

70 Undead mage on Deathwing
you guys?

ultima online almost destroyed me. i wont touch WoW the same way i wont touch smack. it'll ruin me and i know it.
edit: also, this may be better suited for SO if you want serious responses...

Dude what the fuck? I still play muds... I don't get the Graphical bullshit....

serious off topic banter is better reserved for second opinion.

That_Guy said:
shut up nerds :p

Agreed, next we're gonna be listening to them bitching about what programming language they think is the best able to make modifications to everquest. Or debate the intricacies of the Star Wars universe. Fucking nerds... :|

don't come in here and start flaming , its a good game!

Tough titties, that game is the new heroin I swear to God.

Give it a year or so, its gonna start showing up in medical journals under the label "highly addictive"

Like, its not even that much fun. I get the impression that they made that game for the sole purpose of being addictive. Counterstrike FTW

Ayahuascah (19 tauren shaman i think on the Maelstrom server)
RunzWScissorz (29 gnome rouge i think on Vashj server) (retired cuz alliance is teh gay)

While i do think WOW is the least-best mmo title ive ever explored, its fun. Its simplicity in all aspects is why its so successful. Unfortunately I doubt ill stay with it permanently due to the fact that its just everquest with simpler classes, worse graphics, and little content. Also the fact htat it seems the mean age is like 14 for your run of themill wow player.

However i learned the ropes in liek 2 days. My first toon got to level 25 (fully geared, well specc'd, enough coin) in about 2 weeks of very casual play, completely unaided. Good game for ppl new to MMOs, bad game for the old school types like myself.

THE WOOD said:
Its simplicity in all aspects is why its so successful.
It's ease of play, but difficulty to master is one reason why it's so successful.
Now the definition of "mastering" might be different from person to person, but you (ahem, lvl 29) aren't even close to mastering WoW.

THE WOOD said:
its just everquest with simpler classes, worse graphics, and little content.
Simpler classes?
All modern MMOs have a simple core set of classes?
Tank, Healer, and DPS.
WoW has those, plus a few "hybrid" classes.
Care to share what MMO classes make WoW's classes pale in comparison?

Worse graphics?
A low polygon count doesn't amount to "worse graphics."
The cartoonish look doesn't amount to "worse graphics."
In fact the art style (aka graphics) Blizz decided to go with was intentional and meant to keep a similar/familiar feel to its predecessor, Warcraft3.

At lvl 29, you haven't even scratched the surface of what is available.
Which is probably why you think there is "little content."

Hexxus, lvl 61 Troll Shaman - Arthas
Hexxus, lvl 63 Human Priest - Baelgun
Been playin' WoW since Closed Beta.
Been playing graphical MMOs since UO.

Last edited:
my fiance and his son plan...they are on 14 and 18 i think lol.

My ex took the computer that had WOW on it... :(

But Im a lvl 30 tauren hunter on bonechewer server.

my husband runs a guild, he was level 70 within a few days of getting the expansion pack.

i don't know how he goes to work, he doesn't get on till late at night (fter the kiddies go to bed) and stays on till like 2 or 3 most nights.

my son plays occasionally, he just borrows other peoples high level characters. the low levels aren't enough fun for him

i have no desire to play warcrack

DarthMom said:
i have no desire to play warcrack

+1

why do i want to get on my computer so i can live a fictional life? ive got a real one right here

Simpler classes?
All modern MMOs have a simple core set of classes?
Tank, Healer, and DPS.
WoW has those, plus a few "hybrid" classes.
Care to share what MMO classes make WoW's classes pale in comparison?

Worse graphics?
A low polygon count doesn't amount to "worse graphics."
The cartoonish look doesn't amount to "worse graphics."
In fact the art style (aka graphics) Blizz decided to go with was intentional and meant to keep a similar/familiar feel to its predecessor, Warcraft3

i have very extensive knowledge of graphic engine architecture. WOW's is about as simplified as it can possibly be (i love that! runs lightning fast!!!)

i also went to school for game engine design. i know a thing or two about class design. wow copied and pasted everquests source, and then dumbed it down as much as possible. please oh please do not try to defend wow, it is by far the simplest and most dumbed down game ever made. yes i have a lvl 29, guess what the game has 7 million subscribers and i know at least 20 people with like 8 lvl 70 toons, its not like ihavent been exposed to the end game content. which was just as dissapointing as i expected it to be since blizzard has no idea what "endgame" means.

shit dude, rather than even design new classes, what do they do with the new expansion? lets give each side the exclusive class to the other side! brilliant! prolly not.

anyone who defends wow sort of suggests to me they have little experience in game design. its about as complicated and as in depth as stratigo.

rather than move technology forward, blizzard moved it backwards, and attempted to reach a new (imo - underexposed and naive) customer base than previous mmo titans. i liek wow man its a cool game but shit if u disagree its just lack of experience. ive played games on a commodore 64 far more indepth than wow.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT = EVERQUEST FACTION WAR SERVER - (SOME CLASSES) - (RACES) - (LOTS OF CONTENT)
(with worse graphics and an art team who clearly was previously working on the Little Miss Muffet MMORPG)

and i thought everquest was horrible when it came out. comparing wow to eq is hardly a compliment. in fact wow is the first game id every say was worse than eq lol. and yes, i had been gaming online for a long long time before eq went retail.

but, as i said, i like wow. its the least-best mmo, not the worst ever mmo. it kills a few hours a week worth of time untill age of conan and WAR online come out :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

look now i know you geeks will shed blood in order to justify the money you pay to play a game. But im not going to draw stick figures humping and then tell people its not simple art, its just a different kind of art.

why do i want to get on my computer so i can live a fictional life? ive got a real one right here

Why do you ask this question? Do you feel better about yourself condemning people with a hobby as simply those inept for reality which choose to live vicariously through an electronic avatar? Are you jealous of the fact that people have a fervor for art, technology, and social interaction at the same time? What do you do online, post your opinions on a message board to people that probably dont care? Have you no imagination? Have you no desire to understand one of the most profound art forms of all time?

I love it when ppl rip on gamers. Im sure your life is infinitely cooler considering u had to come all the way down here to tell us that were d0|2k5.

Last edited:
THE WOOD said:
its the least-best mmo, not the worst ever mmo.
Agreed.

THE WOOD said:
it kills a few hours a week worth of time untill age of conan and WAR online come out
drooool, WAR.
hmm... now to be an Orc Choppa or an Empire Bright Wizard. =D

subopm420 said:
git.