• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

I must say, making the tea with water instead of GF juice is pretty fucking aweful. I used a 1.25 pounds of seeds that I get from a local restaurant store(they sell bulk supplies for restaurants, including spices!) and I have great luck with their seeds, though this batch doesn't seem to have as much plant material as I've seen in the past. I used to use cheese cloth to filter, but I went ahead and used the unscrewed cap technique and was very impressed! I went ahead and made one more batch of tea with the seeds and managed to gulp all that down too.

Its weird, the first sip I took of the water, I was like "this isnt so bad, like swallowing lake water" but as I went on it got harder and harder to drink. It reminded me of the time I ate fresh shrooms, the first one wasnt so bad, but by the 4th cap, I wanted to puke.

Huh, weird. I don't mind the water at all... tastes like a strong poppy seed flavor. Which is to say, nutty and pleasant... a bit of a burn/tingle when it goes down usually, if it's strong enough.

Then again, I'll swallow psychedelic chemicals like the 2C-Xs dry, without chasing. Taste doesn't bother me much anymore. But I don't think those taste good, yet I enjoy the flavor of poppy seed tea.

Crillfingers said:
Anyways, he got himself 1 1/2 lbs, some lemon juice, and graphite juice

Graphite juice? Sounds terrible! ;)

Welcome to Bluelight! :) By the way, we don't like to use SWIM around here. I know a lot of forums want you to, but it doesn't actually protect you at all (as it's entirely transparent). And it's very annoying to read through a page full of "SWIM did this" and "SWIMs writing style is bland because SWIM sounds like everyone else". It could just as easily mean "Someone Who Is Me".

If you are nervous about people seeing you posting about your experiences, then you can word them so that they have occurred far in the past, or you could say it happened to your friend and proceed to tell the story in the third person, or you could preface your story by saying this was sent you by your friend who doesn't have the Internet or something and then post it in first-person. But to be honest, writing about your drug experiences among a forum with thousands and thousands of participants is highly unlikely to elicit any sort of attention you don't want. Now, if you start writing about your stash of drugs for sale, we've got a different sort of situation (and we would edit that out for you).

Last edited:
I have not tried this yet but one way to get the pst down would probably be to,
First off make the tea however it is that you prefer to do so and then, once you have
Strained the water, make it into little ice cubes and once frozen then, swallow all of the
Ice cubes. But you would probably have to find or make an ice cube trey that will produce
Ice cubes small enough for you to swallow.

Are the seeds from dried poppy pods any good to make tea with? I've heard they are and they aren't so I'm a bit confused.. a bit dope sick and have left over seeds so can anyone clarify this?

Those are the BEST seeds to make tea with. Just make sure you plant them when you are done with them. Soaking is good for germination. Dont use heat.

I heard using Whisky produces an acetate? Or was it some other kind of alcohol?

Yeah, it's true... after making poppy seed tea I throw the spent seeds, even if I made 3 extractions, out in my yard... like 100% of them sprout. I've never managed to get them to grow taller than a couple of inches though... they always fall down and don't get back up. But they're great for the soil structure when they decompose, with thousands of little roots reinforcing the texture.

Those are the BEST seeds to make tea with. Just make sure you plant them when you are done with them. Soaking is good for germination. Dont use heat.

I heard using Whisky produces an acetate? Or was it some other kind of alcohol?

See, I heard that using the seeds from dry poppy pods does NOT work. The reason being that when you get them from dried poppy pods, non of the resin gets on the seeds cause its all dried, which is why you have to make pod tea. The reason the seeds you get at stores and stuff work is because they take the seeds from the pods while they are still life, and get some of the pod liquids on them. Then you wash that pod liquid off to get your morphine water.

This is what I have read, but I dont have any experience with the dried pods, just seeds. Any Thoughts?

I've also read that. I guess it depends on how they were harvested and everything. I haven't tried seeds from the pods either. I've only had pods once and they weren't mine.

Posted this in another thread....but I made some Poppy Seed Tea tonite and it looked like Black Ink...wtf??? I've never seen this color before. Any ideas on why this might be? I mean honestly, if I were to bake a cake with these seeds, the cake would have been black/blue. I was just wondering if any of you have experience this. I am scared to drink it...it's still sitting in a cup on my counter.

That sounds unusual....Did you get these from your usual supplier?

Anyway, I cant imagine that seeds from a dried pod woud not have at least some resin on them. I guess it would depend on whether they were scored or not or if the score went deep enough to get sap inside the pod, but at least you know they have not been washed if they are straight from the pod.

PST Update!

I found and picked up some poppy seeds from a Middle Eastern food market. The seeds were in clear bags of 8oz each for 3.50 a bag. The seeds seemed like a nice dark color, but they had very little plant material in them. But they were cheap so I picked up two bags (along with some yummy homemade pita bread).

I am pretty experienced with with opiates, and probably have a mild-moderate tolerance to them. Usually when I make PST, I use 1.5lbs of seeds I get from a bulk food store, and I always drink about 20oz. of GF juice before. This gives me a decent buzz, but nothing super great.

So I drink my 20oz. of GF juice and make the PST with my pound of seeds from the middle eastern market, feeling like it probably wont do too much for me...

But Man! I was wrong! These seeds are great, and I have a very very nice buzz going, warm and euphoric. This is actually better then the buzz I get from using a larger amount the other seeds. I am also totally itchy, even though I took a promithazine tab like 40 min. ago.

So, I am now also having a nice margarita, and watching a good chick flick, having a nice night, and I just wanted to share my find with you guys, cause I know where I'm gonna start getting my seeds from now on. Thank you Middle Eastern Market, and your hummus rocks too!

I've read good chunks of this thread -- but will honestly say I have not read all 14 pages.

I'm not new to opiates, by any stretch,.. have done PST a few times with different methods,.. and poppy pods many more times than that. **I really prefer Hydro over much anything else.. The pure full-on mixture straight from the pods (seed or pod) tends to give me a body feeling that is uncomfortable and even slightly painful.

I can feel with PST and especially pod team a rush from my back up through my neck into the back of my scalp. It isn't a oooo, what a rush feeling. It is a slow, increasing in intensity sort of dull radiating pain/pressure. It has heat (which is fine).. but the pressure/pain that is hard to describe takes away from the PST or Pods. Everyone always blames the negatives on thebaine,.. maybe thats it. :)

But I digress..

The point of this post is to ask a few things about Poppy seed tea:

1) What is the general consensus for applying heat to preparation to poppy SEED tea? ---I've seen *mostly* a consensus to use warm water in bottles and shake them. The more you put into the shake the better the mix, but not exessively. And warm water is all you need.

I've also seen those who get extravagent and do some time consuming work and involves heating things in some parts.

So -- Heat? Will this help extract anymore?

Heat? Will it burn off any unwanted effects?

Heat? Will it/could it destroy some of the opiate alkaloids we so avidly are after?

Heat? Any benefit, or just a waste of time? If benefit, how much?

2) Seeds -- in specific.. if you are going to buy them out of spice racks (Sometimes it is just hard to find them bulk) -- The difference in Organic vs Non?

I ask this because it could seem either way to me:

One way being organic is more prone to have the latex we need stuck on the seeds. Or the bad way : Maybe organic is washed extra well -- thus very bad for PST.

Non organic? Basically I think the non-organic is luck of the draw. (By non-organic I mean all the jarred/bagged poppy seeds that you see in all the stores).

I've personally had quite a noticeable effect from straight mckormic (sp?) seeds (maybe 4-5 jars) although it was a noticeably 'milky' substance.. almost like the oils got out (I didn't crush anything) -- so I had the pinned pupils, and the feeling -- but also an uncomfortable sort of 'upset' stomach. (Not diarhhea upset -- just queezy). Which detracted from the buzz. But the alkaloids were present in that brand seeds.. and I have a high tolerance unfortunately.

I have also used other brands seeds and really not noticed much of anything. In particular when I used a method that was told to pour water and a bottle of lemon juice into a pan.. then the seeds.. and use a big spoon/device to rake them around (stir) for an hour. I got nadda off that.

I recently went 'shopping' for seeds -- and nothing bulk was available within 30 miles -- so I visited the whole foods shops.. fresh foods.. even groceries.

I found a brand I had never seen -- that was 'Poppy Seeds' and under it said organic. Then next to these were the same brand, but did not have the 'organic' under it.

I took both bottles out and examined them both closely, sliding the bottles around gently, looking through the bottoms/sides, etc for quite a while. People looking at me like what is he doing? =)

In the organic it had some apparent flakes from the pods.. big enough to know it was pod material. Also you would see for about every 10 seeds floating around.. 3-4 would be 'stuck together'. There was this reddish/brown residue that was sticking them together. That looked like a pretty good sign to me. The seeds overall were a very dark gray.

I also went to another place and found different brands of the same organic vs non -- And this time the *non* organic looked more 'potent' -- The non organic this time was very dark,.. looked to have more sticking than the non organic which was a very light color (not that that matters) -- and had no residue that was noticeable. (These happen to be Mckormic (sp) -- So I was at a loss to which would have a better shot, the regular Mckorm, or the certified organic. ((I know, I know.. probably both had very little .. but were vastly different in appearance.)

So to sum this up -- Heat,? Yay, nay? why?

And.. How do you visually (if you have done so) determine 'dirty' seeds from not so dirty ones? I was able to open the one that looked quite dirty and it had a significant smell.

Organic vs Non-Organic ? -- I mean Organic means it had to be grown in a controlled way, no chemicals and so on.. am I right? Would seem like organic could be in our favor, against us,.. or not even really matter and be something to make a buck.

Lastly,..

I am preparing this tomorrow -- so hopefully I will get an answer on the method.

I intend on placing them in 20oz water bottles (I have alot of them)... probably about 100grams per water bottle. Add in 60% water or so (eyeballing it).. Very warm water that is..

Then shake all 7-8 bottles for quite a while. (An idea just popped in my head.. turn the drier heat off.. and let it do the work for you? Sound like a bad idea ? )

Then of course just loosen the cap only enough for liquid to come out over a larger container (that is ingenious,.. the whole method of using cloth, strainers, and so on is always messy).

Thanks

I use pods daily, and after several years, I gave up on teas, and now grind pod in coffee grinder.

Pour on paper plate, and, down the hatch... it may take 3 tries to get it all down, w/o snarfing it every where, or gagging. But as a chronic pain sufferer, that's the most effective way for me, along with some grapefruit juice.

I use pods daily, and after several years, I gave up on teas, and now grind pod in coffee grinder.

Pour on paper plate, and, down the hatch... it may take 3 tries to get it all down, w/o snarfing it every where, or gagging. But as a chronic pain sufferer, that's the most effective way for me, along with some grapefruit juice.

I've done the same: Though because Poppy tea of ANY variety doesn't *satisfy* me like Hydrocodone (the opiate I use for pain as well) I never get too far down the rabbit hole with anything else. A good thing, imo,.. as from what I have read poppy pod habits can be quite consuming.. and further, due to ingesting all those varying alkaloids, the addiction and resulting withdrawal can be quite intense.

I used to make poppy pod tea.. go through the process , etc -- but then I got to your logic and ground it up in a coffee grinder and just downed it with some water or a soda. You can get used to about anything.

This tea is a temporary thing -- and I just had my question(s) out of curiosity mainly,.. but would like a consensus (if there is one) on heat or no heat.

I dont know about you guys with 1-3 LBs of seeds per time, thats just a crazy amount.

swim was GONE off a half pound bag of poppy seeds,

swim took a 20oz bottle filled it with the half pound of seeds, filled it to the top with hot water out of the tap, shook it for about five mins, loosened the cap to get the tea out with no seeds, then proceeded to drink the tea quickly because of the nasty taste.

SWIM felt it heavy within 20 mins and it was STRONG, more of a head high, swim ended up falling asleep, when swim woke up 10 hours later, swim was STILL high..

swim is not new to opiate use, swim usually does a max of 15mg of oxycodone throughout the day with smaller bits off a pill and this hit swim hard, along with seeming to bump up swims tolerance to opiates at the same time..

so be careful, you may not need so many seeds to do the job.

swim is thinking of using HALF of the half pound package next time.

just a reminder, swim would have not been able to work a job or function regularly off a half pound of these seeds, swim usually functions good if not better after taking small doses of oxycodone throughout the day..

the seeds SWIM used.

KInfIK1F.jpeg

Please avoid using the term "SWIM" and the likes... not really accepted here.

I fed my friend about 5grams of seeds and he chugged it down with soda. Still Yet, I like the pod tea over seed tea imo.

Hey guys

Just went out to a local food supply store and bought 2.5 pounds worth of seeds. Came home, used cold water, soaked, and shook for 5 mins and gagged the whole batch (liquid) down..

The "tea" if you can call it that was a very light colored tea... Im assuming this is fail and I will report back with my findings.. The brand of seeds was called "trade east".

Loki

EDIT: Waited 30 mins and felt nothing so I went to a local indian grocery store and purchased 2 7 ounce bags of seeds.

Question. One of the bags had black shiny specs throughout it. What could those be?

Last edited:
I dont know about you guys with 1-3 LBs of seeds per time, thats just a crazy amount.

swim was GONE off a half pound bag of poppy seeds,

No doubt dude, back in December I had the same thing happen. I read all these stories of people taking ridiculous amounts but I figured it was just cause of their tolerance.

My dog bought 0.48 lbs worth. This was the 3rd time he had tried this amount and it had already given him a decent ride before. This time he used a crap load of lemon juice during the extraction... waited about 1 - 1.5 hours and then it hit ridiculously hard. He was nodding so bad that he would only wake up when he jolted cause it felt like he stopped breathing. I was uber scared for him at the time but as soon as he stood up he felt a little more sober. Next morning his eyes were bloodshot and he could still feel it until about 12 hours after the initial dose. Even got called out by his friends for looking like he was on something.

I don't know whether it was the lemon juice or just a lucky batch cause I haven't had that happen since. Be careful if you don't have a tolerance for sure.

So what color is this shit supposed to be after your done making it. Put a pound of seeds in a two liter pepsi bottle, filled the two liter with warm water about 4/5 and a shit load of lemon juice. Shook for about 30 minutes off and on. I drank like 2 glasses of it earlier but nothing happend. I just got home and decided to drain the rest of the water out thats been sitting since 3 this afternooon. Its now midnight. This shit looks nasty like a milky light brown tan color and smells like shit. It looks WAY darker then it did this afternoon. What do you guys think? This is my first time making PST but Ive have a pretty high tolerence. Although i havent taken any opiates in about 2 weeks. Thanks in advance.

My most effective recipe calls for this:

1) Purchase herion

2) Use herion

3) Enjoy herion

This has always worked for me. Ten years and counting. Not trying to critique, just sounds like a pain in the butt for a light buzz. - No price discussions. -

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone.
I"m not new to Opiates. but i'm new to the tea.
I use to take percs for a long while, about over a year ago now.. My Doc notices that i was getting addicted, so he took me off. (ass hole)
so I started to buy them.. Well my dealer is now addicted to his Oxy 10 mgs. that he wont share no more.lol. (ass hole)
so i went looking on the web, and came across this forum.
so last night I went down to the grocery store, and bought 2 bags of 155 g each..
this morning. I decided to try this experiment.
I took the 2 bags(310g) . put them into a container, with 2 cups of cold water, stirred it so the seeds were all wet and sank to the bottom...... let it stand for 10 mins, shook it for about 2 or 3 mins. let stand for another 10 mins... gave it one more good shake.. and then I took a cloth, over a cup. to strain the water out..
drank it down, and chased some milk with it..
AND to my surprise. i did get a nice lil high....

mind you it felt more like a codeine high, then it did an Oxy high.. but it's better then NO high..lol.
I find a codeine high makes you feel heavy.... you feel 50 lbs heavier then what you are..
BUT an oxy high, feels more like your floating, your light on your feet, and you get a bunch of energy.. thats the high that I love.. but for now.... seeds will do.

- Don't make comments like that. You may or may not have been joking, but asking for drugs is not allowed here. -

Last edited by a moderator: