• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ Lab busts & explosions (2005-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police find marijuana lab in home of man who shot 2 women, then ran down another

The Miami-Dade man who led police on a two-county pursuit after gunning down two people and killing an innocent driver was operating a marijuana grow house, Miami-Dade police said Thursday.

Investigators found 43 plants, with a street value of more than $100,000, in a hydroponics laboratory at the home of Antonio Feliu, 48. Feliu, who lived at 2020 SW 100th Ave., committed suicide Wednesday following a wild chase that ended when he barreled into a motorist at U.S. 27 and Griffin Road in West Broward.

“We don’t know how this ties into the murders, but obviously he was engaging in other criminal activity,’’ Miami-Dade police Maj. Nancy Perez said Thursday.

Feliu was on the run after fatally shooting his estranged girlfriend and her daughter at their South Miami Heights home about 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Feliu’s cross-county trail of terror began when he shot his estranged girlfriend and then turned the gun on her daughter, killing them both in the efficiency they were renting in the 12300 block of 190th Street in South Miami Heights. Neighbors said they heard three shots about 7:30 a.m., but thought it was fireworks.

His ex-girlfriend, Vivian Gallego Martinez, 51, died at the home. Her 28-year-old daughter, Anabel Benitez, was taken to Kendall Regional Hospital, where she died.

Homicide detectives are still trying to determine what led to Feliu’s rampage. Records show that Feliu had a litany of traffic infractions and a 2009 arrest for drunken driving. However, there was no history of domestic problems at the address, according to Miami-Dade police.

“Unfortunately the motive is going to be quite difficult to assess because all parties are deceased,’’ Perez said.

Feliu fled the murder in his Mercedes crossover, but a witness called police with a description of his car and Miami-Dade police officers caught up with him at Southwest Eighth Street and Krome Avenue a short time later. They followed him as he continued north on U.S. 27 into Broward County, at speeds in excess of 100 miles per hour.

Perez said a police helicopter was also deployed, enabling law enforcement to keep him in sight. During the 30-mile pursuit, several other police agencies were monitoring and/or joined the pursuit.

“I don’t know the speeds the officers were utilizing, but we don’t drive Mercedeses and there’s no way we can reach the speeds of European cars,’’ Perez said.

She added that TV footage of the chase, recorded from television helicopters shows that officers were a safe distance away from Feliu.

The pursuit ended when Feliu slammed into another Mercedes at U.S. 27 and Griffin Road. The driver, Maritza Medina, was killed after she was ejected from her car. The 48-year-old mother of two had just dropped her teenage daughter off at school and was less than a half mile from her home when the crash happened.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/19/3637222/police-find-marijuana-lab-in-home.html#storylink=cpy

“Unfortunately the motive is going to be quite difficult to assess because all parties are deceased,’’ Perez said.

I've seen some form of this sentence in the US news soooo many times over the past few years. Whenever some dude gets pissed at his girl, everybody gets shot to death.

I hope her yorkie is ok.

The crash starts at around 4:05. It seems like he deliberately targeted the driver.

Well well well.. considering all the freaks out there.. let me see.. how many army officers have went postal in the last couple of years.. and masters students.. and kids.. and immigrants.. OH and dont forget COPS.. and HOLY ROLLERS yeah.. the indication that something is wrong in whole society is this. we better band together in acceptance instead of alienating and condemning each other. yeah but that doesn't make any sense.

EDIT: Im am not trying to justify this persons actions at all.. but he was going probably over 120 mph. that shit wasn't intentional. PERIOD. looks all tame from space.

Last edited:
I guess if you stretch things enough you can call all most anything a "lab".

I guess I will go into the coffee lab and make a cup of java ? good thing coffee is legal...

Man Wearing ‘Breaking Bad’ Los Pollos Hermanos T-shirt Busted for Meth Lab

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-pollos-hermanos-t-shirt-busted-for-meth-lab/

By Liz Fields

Feb 26, 2014 6:10pm

An Illinois man busted for allegedly attempting to cook meth from his home lab was wearing a Breaking Bad-inspired T-shirt when he was arrested, authorities said.

Daniel Kowalski, 21, was charged with two counts of possession of a controlled substance, possession of methamphetamine manufacturing materials, and possession of methamphetamine precursors — all felonies — according to the Cook County Sherriff’s Department.

Police said narcotics officers received a tip that Kowalski, who was already under electronic monitoring for running a meth lab last July, was allegedly back cooking in his home.

Officers decided to check in on the 21-year-old’s Cook County home around 6:45 p.m. on Monday, where they found glass beakers, burners, chemicals, and instructional materials for making meth, police said.

Two other unidentified men were also at the home when police arrived. They were taken into custody along with Kowalski, but later released without being charged, police said.

An Illinois State Police Clandestine Lab removal team was later called in to take away the chemicals and lab equipment from the home.

At the time of his latest arrest, Kowalski was sporting a “Los Pollos Hermanos,” shirt in reference to the fictional chicken restaurant owned by TV’s “Breaking Bad” protagonist Gus Fring.

“He knew something about the television show, whether that was something that inspired him, we don’t know,” Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman, Sophia Ansari, said.

Kowlaski was ordered to wear an electronic monitoring device as a condition of bond for his old case, which on Wednesday was changed to $75,000. The bond for Monday’s arrest was set at $100,000.

Sounds like that chef is one pan short of a set? Lol idk I'm not so punny like you guys. But yea this is past ironic, it's just moronic. Cool county huh? Almost seems like a cosmic joke.

I don't think Gus Fring was the protagonist. That show really didn't even have a traditional protagonist.

Also.... Irony is doing that which you had intended not to do. I think he had full intent with the T-shirt and immolation. It would be ironic If you were wearing a Dare T-shirt that said keep kids off drugs and were smoking a joint....

Last edited:
He doesn't sound like the smartest cookie in the county.

Sweet pun, bro.

:p

My dad bought me one of those t-shirts a couple years ago. I thought it was amusing. This guy really does't seem to bright, by the way.

UK Four jailed after 'Breaking Bad' style drugs lab found in suburban Manchester

Four jailed after 'Breaking Bad' style drugs lab found in suburban Manchester house

Mar 01, 2014 15:33
By Neal Keeling, Tony Dawber

A ‘Breaking Bad’ style plot to make £1.6m of amphetamines in a suburban house has been smashed after cops stalked the gang for several months.

The gang of four men were caught red handed setting up the operation in a detached house in Radcliffe, Bury.

They were being watched by officers from the National Crime Agency who had set up a sophisticated surveillance operation.

The lab was set up in the garage of the house in Woodvale Road, according to the Manchester Evening News.

Head of the gang, Neil Strong, 32, originally from Prestwich, who had been orchestrating the plot from his luxury villa in Alicante, was sent to jail for four years at Manchester Crown Court for conspiracy to supply amphetamine.

Strong’s three criminal associates - Damian Vose, aged 38, of Woodvale Road, Radcliffe; Paul Cuthbert, aged 45, of Harris Drive, Bury; and Daniel Pinder, aged 33, of Beechdale Close, Manchester – were jailed for 32 months, 30 months, and 30 months respectively for their roles in the conspiracy.

The men had purchased barrels of dangerous chemicals, including sulphuric acid and methanol, to produce pure amphetamine paste.

Their operation had many similarities to the hit show Breaking Bad, where retired teacher Walter White set up his own meth lab in a quiet upmarket neighbourhood.

Steve Baldwin, NCA Regional Head of Investigations, said: “The crime group had no idea they were under surveillance. When the time was right we made our move and stopped them in their tracks. I have no doubt they would have gone on to flood the streets with amphetamine.

“Drugs destroy communities and these men had no regard for the misery and damage they would have caused. Our investigation does not stop here though as we are now working with our partners, both here and in Spain, to strip them of their criminal assets.”

photo gallery
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-bad-style-drugs-lab-3195568#ixzz2uk0vmROp

So....its like breaking bad because they were making not methamphetamine or even amphetamine hcl but amphetamine base? I guess uh that kinda makes sense?

So....its like breaking bad because they were making not methamphetamine or even amphetamine hcl but amphetamine base? I guess uh that kinda makes sense?

Not to be rude, but..
Their operation had many similarities to the hit show Breaking Bad, where retired teacher Walter White set up his own meth lab in a quiet upmarket neighbourhood.

The answer to your question took up an entire line halfway through..

Status
Not open for further replies.