MEGA - Jobs, Resumes, Interviews

I have a tattoo on my forearm and I usually just wear long-sleeve shirts until/unless the job/boss specifically says I can wear something else.

I do music so my other leaf and mushrooms and other tats are a non issue

So I've got a few tats, one large one down my forearm that will soon be a half sleeve hopefully. I'm just wondering what a boss thinks if he meets me with a tattoo on my forearm, I know I can cover this up with a long sleeve shirt but I'm still unsure how boss' feel about this. Can anyone clear this up? Cheers

Why don't you just ask any potential boss what their stance on it is, whilst being clear that you are happy to keep them covered at work if it is a problem.
I've spent 3 decades having to wear tops with sleeves long enough to cover mine at work. It's not a secret, but would be frowned upon if I wore sleeveless tops that showed them.
I only 'came out' to my bloody mother about them in my 30's after having had them since my teens!

I'm old and retired, but when I was a boss I never let things like long hair or tattoos/piercings stand in anyone's way. I looked at his/her results and how they got the job done.

Any current tips or suggestions from those recently joining the work force?

Any questions from those about to enter it?

Any current tips or suggestions from those recently joining the work force?

Do what you love and it won't feel like work.
Know who to impress, and who to stay away from.
Be social-able, but not obnoxious.
Don't be afraid to ask questions - in fact, ask many questions.
Either get in early, or stay late.

Unpinning this but wanted to bump it so it doesn't disappear immediately.

I am looking for official services to publish my resume. I do not like resources that require money for an additional update of your profile.

Last edited:
I would add body language and mirroring as a couple of great tools for getting that gig.
Mirroring is both body and speech. It's amazing how such simple technique can come in handy.
If you are quick to assess people, have the slightest understanding about human psychology and the archetypes that makes up people (no, nobody is a snowflake), it'll be like stealing candy from a toddler.

Eye-contact and keep your fucking hands away from your face, and you'll do fine kid.