Pot and workout

ROFL @ IMPO, shoulda kept it @ IMO

dont gotta lie to kick it son.

I dunno what you guys use rec drugs for, but I use them to get fucked up! It's a nice relaxation tool for friday nights. Kick back a few beers, smoke a J, perhaps take a pill of X once in a blue moon. There is no major harm or loss of gains in that as long as you don't make it an everyday habit.

Even lifting can become a bad habit if cannot control your usage, I knew one girl who I swear to god was *addicted* to the gym. She went there 1-3 times per day, usually about 2-3 and it was literally getting in the way of her schoolwork and job. It just goes to show you that without moderation even good behavior can have negative consequences.

ROFL how deranged do you gotta be to even TRY to compare obessive compulsive body dysmorphic disorders to crackheads smoking rock 24/7??

i'd consider myself pretty advanced at bodybuilding, still new to powerlifting, but making good progress. you can go check my pic in 'members pics' or whatever the pics thread is in the steroid section here. i smoke pot every single night, year round, since i was in high school. i also take benzos a couple times a month, drink a couple beers every week, take adderal for studying once in a while, and typically roll anywhere from two to five times in a year.
that being said, pot / drugs can mix with a solid, productive lifestyle, or they can be your downfall. although i have no problem keeping a good life going with my usage (I currently workout five times weekly, am vice pres. of my university's intramural wrestling (we don't have varsity here), work full time, and am in the process of starting my own company. i also am a senior and take 5 really hard courses, which i'm doing really well in. )

on the other hand, it can and does get in the way with lots of people. i don't know if you were just looking for stories, or hoping people would convince you one way or the other, but the answer can't be told to you, it's something that is not consistent among individuals. there's people who get addicted to the most ridiculous things, and there's people who are unbelievably successful and do heroin/coke. everybody's different, nobody can tell you if it will affect your lifting or not.

(physiologically it shouldn't affect you too much, if at all, in terms of muscle growth. but if you're prone to get lazy, or lose focus, or lose intensity, etc etc etc, don't expect to be really good at bodybuilding/powerlifting if you have habits getting in the way. i just smoke at nighttime, so it doesn't interfere)

Body dismophy what the fuck ? She just loved to run/workout, and she was a fucking FIIIINE varsity soccer player! She jus didn't know how to manage her shit.

Giza said:
ROFL how deranged do you gotta be to even TRY to compare obessive compulsive body dysmorphic disorders to crackheads smoking rock 24/7??

They both could be ways of escaping feelings of inadequacy.

I don't know about any of you people.. but I sure as hell wouldn't smoke crack to make myself feel better, I'd just feel like some worthless junky.

i believe people feel better when they smoke crack.

giza, that avatar suits you very, very well btw

calygula said:
giza, that avatar suits you very, very well btw

A fine display of great spelling! Your right.

haha i didn't notice the misspelling, the message just suits him really well

I hope you realise the "your" mistake was left intentionally just for the crackheads to have something to fight back with. Comon, cant shoot em directly in the head can I? Thatd be unfair, shoot em in the leg and let em try to fight back :D

yes i used the search function,thats why i bumped this,so dont bother with the "this discussion again?" posts.....

anyways...alot ofpeople have made the point that smoking before a work out is bad.i disagree..

maybe some people arent as motivated when they smoke weed,but that doesnt apply to everyone hardly.for me its quite the opposite.

i have always had a SERIOUS problem with attention deficit disorder.weed has become my ritilin.

i have played guitar since i was 4 years old and im close to yngwie level at 25 years old...i would say i could even outsweep him but he probobly has me on quintuplets.

alot of this is due to the fact that out of the 20 years i have played it...a good 6 of those years involved sitting on my bed for maybe 6 to 7 hours a night,5 days a week.

for someone with attention deficit disorder as severe as i have (i was diagnosed and prescribed ritilin at age 11),marijuana turns a 15 minute pick up the guitar and get bored 15 minutes later session,into an intense multiple hour practice.

this has proved true in the gym for the last 5 years ive been lifting on a regular workout schedule.getting to the gym without smoking a lil before would result in picking up the weights,working out for a few sets,and then bam,thinking about a girl,an argument,my job,what am i going to do tomorrow,whats the date again,that means rent is due in how many days/?,damn id like to move cos i hate my fucking landlord,but where,well the eastside would be good,id like closer to the gym and work,and the movies,man star wars was good,i dont understand how they think the 80s stars were better than the new ones,mark hammil was gay as hell and belonged on an afterschool special about abstinance,which reminds me christian rock music is laughable but phil keaggy would definitly give hendrix a run for his money,i wonder where my hendrix cd went,ill have to dl that whole fucking album again,i wonder if my computer has viruses from winmx,i wonder if mcafe actually does jack shit about them,ill run a check when i get home from working out,OH SHIT IM WORKING OUT GET BACK TO WORKING OUT!

smoke a hit before i go,crank the as i lay dying,and youve got nothing going on in my head but a mock drill sergeant conscience beating the fuck out of me for an hour..

of course you could recomend prescriptions for that,some type of adult ADD medication,but im not into it,i dont want to be cured of my add,i dont want to be like those who dont have it,it works to my advantage in many other areas of my life especially in creativity,i just need something to put it oh hold for an hour or so while i go heavy.

there are downsides to marijuana use of course...but for me they are outweighed by what i take from its use.im not an addict....i had surgery on my chest a year ago and couldnt lift for a while,i didnt smoke pot the whole time nor did i experience any withdrawal effects.

Well whatever works for you. Personally, if I workout after smoking all I can think of is how I cant be bothered to do anymore sets and call the workout short and get a burrito or something. Otherwise Im all for staying as long as my muscles hold out then shooting home to slurp down my PWO shake.

If I do some lighter stuff at home (either later in the day or on off days) whilst stoned then all I can be bothered doing many of is bicep curls. Normally I'll do sit-ups, crunches, rows, squats, OH presses, etc.

So I try not to smoke anymore. Plus I dont think pot does anything for helping me eat. I'm too fucking lazy to make like chicken and rice or whatever- so I'll eat junk food.

If you honestly think it works for you, and it makes you happy, then I can't see too much harm in it. I just want to add, though, that smoking weed just makes me feel very unhealthy...out of all the drugs that I have used (and believe me, it's a long fucking list. Like in that movie, The Santa Claus with Tim Allen, where they're delivering all the kids' christmas lists, and it fills up like 50 FedEx trucks...that would be similar to the list of drugs that I've done)...anyways, what was I saying? Oh yeah, out of all the drugs I've done, weed just makes me feel the worst afterwards. I think it's the actual act of smoking that gets me; the burning throat, the hurting lungs etc.

BUT, unless you have some reason to lie to us, it doesn't have the same effect on you and isn't hurting your performance, so my advice would be to do whatever the fuck you want:), as long as the benefits outweigh the consequences.

Especially if your not aiming to do anything spectacular. If you're on a steriod cycle though I would be giving you abuse. Theres no way you can maintain the BEST possible lung strength if your smoking. And you want to make best use of the drugs possible.

I just came up with a good analogy of our general opinion in this SD forum: taking sterioids without having everything down (cycle, diet, training, etc) is like smoking weed with someone who doesnt know how to inhale. They just sit there:- smoke your weed without making it work.... Anyways I'm ranting:- kubenzi you seem to have a situation that works, most pot smokers though WILL delude themselves that they're doing themselves justice when in actual fact they are underachieving badly...

Originally posted by p-mo
most pot smokers though WILL delude themselves that they're doing themselves justice when in actual fact they are underachieving badly...

Yes, that is very true. In fact, that's one of the reasons I stopped hanging out around stoners, because to them marijuana is like the second coming of christ, and it cures all illnesses, and fixes all problems and crap like that when they're grown-ass men sitting around all day watching cartoons and eating breakfast cereal--and you know what, they think it's healthy for you!

Originally posted by p-mo
I just came up with a good analogy of our general opinion in this SD forum: taking sterioids without having everything down (cycle, diet, training, etc) is like smoking weed with someone who doesnt know how to inhale. They just sit there:- smoke your weed without making it work

Brilliant!

p-mo said:
I just came up with a good analogy of our general opinion in this SD forum: taking sterioids without having everything down (cycle, diet, training, etc) is like smoking weed with someone who doesnt know how to inhale. They just sit there:- smoke your weed without making it work.... Anyways I'm ranting:- kubenzi you seem to have a situation that works, most pot smokers though WILL delude themselves that they're doing themselves justice when in actual fact they are underachieving badly...
Hehe, thing is though (and this does surprise me)... I have seen people doing horrible training and eating junk food all day long gain over 15 kilos in 20 weeks of Testosterone Enanthate use! Funny, isn't it?
On the other hand... I've also seen people puffing on a joint once who turnt out to be more stoned than anyone else who hit the thing.

Time to eat now!

crOOk