Pot and workout

crOOk

Bluelighter
Ok, all you juicemonsters out there, tell me. Btw I'm not on roids and won't be for at least 5 years!

I've been working out for 13 months now which includes a good diet, regular cardio training and a hard workout. My gains are good, went from 131lbs to 170lbs @ 5'10'' in eleven months, then went down to 155 again until beginning of January. I am now gaining again.
This means I gained roughly 18 lbs of pure muscle in one year.

The thing is, I've been smoking out every fucking night for the whole year! Especially after workout. Does this really stop me from gaining? Who knows anything about this. I quit alcohol, but I don't get why I should quit weed...
My idea is, check it out:
-better regeneration
-increase of appetite
-decrease of testosterone levels

Who has experiences with weed and workout. I'm especially on the lookout for daily smokers that are already very big.

I hope I don't have to quit weed. I might just stop gaining any day, who knows?

Besides the weed use, I try to do drugs very rarely. If I do, I always watch that I drink enough water, eat twice the calories as usual if possible, fill up on vitamins and all that shit and especially catch up on sleep.
Oh and I quit tobacco two and a half years ago. I smoke the reefer only!

crOOk

Last edited:
Use the SEARCH button. Stop making repetetive and boring same old posts.

Yes, this thread has been done before, as Giza pointed out. The general concensus was that even though it may not halt your gains, it's still not conducive to living a healthy lifestyle, which is 90% of bodybuilding.

If you want to smoke weed, that's cool, but try to keep it to once a month at the most.

If you're using it to increase your appetite, there are alternatives such as ketotifen that people have found useful.

I believe, for me, I lose weight on it. I smoked alot this weekend I swear my abs seemed to develop more than they were.

I think the relationship between marijuana and building muscle is irrelevant, or the outcome is so unnoticable it becomes irrelevant.

How about the lack of motivation weed gives you.. Not saying your not motivated but that one extra push to get the last rep up... "in your head" "fuck it i'm too tired"... maybe you'll workout but i bet you so much if you didn't smoke you workouts would be so much better.. I could be wrong though.? I smoked weed and lifted before and learned it just held me back and made me dumb as shit...

Staying high all the time is really bad, not just for your body but for your mind as well. I thank god I gave up smoking everyday, it took a long time and more willpower then giving up even cigarettes, but it was well worth it.

Once/Twice a week is the max for me, and when I smoke out these days it's usually so intense that I don't have to take more then a few rips to get anhillated for the entire night.

Blah well that was a tangent. As far as hurting your gains I don't think you have much to worry about. As far as hurting your motivation and diet, well I think pot has very detrimental effects in those areas which is why just like any other drug, should only be used occasionally. You can easily compare a functional alcoholic to a functioning stoner. Same principle except you can't get arrested for DUI.

You know you have a problem when you have to ask other people if you have one....

Haha, I don't need to ask anyone if I have a problem. I know I have a problem, but that are rather my sleeping disorders... That's why I smoke the weed and that daily use is sure a problem...
Oh well, guess I won't quit it anytime soon anyway.

crOOk

some of the strongest people in the world smoke weed.

Hell, its rumored Pudz is a cokehead

Ha, has anyone seen that Arnie anniversary video? He smokes a doobie in there!
Also, there's a cool comedy in which pot is mentioned only once when a bigass negro bodybuilder smokes a bigass negro blunt. I forgot the name though, it's a flick where a wigger becomes senator. Funny and not too stupid flick!

crOOk

Yeah man. It's in a club, too. So everyone is drinking, but the juicehead is just standing at the bar smoking his fatty. :)
Think they wanted to make a point there.

crOOk

I use pot as a tool to bodybuilding. I smoke to jumpstart my appetite in the morning, and anytime I have no appetite. I have some medical conditions that can make my life very uncomfortable, with pot I have been able to get through these hurdles and eat my way to progress.

I don't smoke cigs, and chastise myself for smoking weed almost daily.

If you like it/enjoy it/need it smoke high grade weed out of a good water filtered device or a vaporizor and limit your use as much as your self-control will allow.

Thanks BigBen,
I do have a vaporizer (volcano) and I'm at least trying to limit use. I'm surprised that you can work out on pot!
Medical condition? Check out the book "Built to Survive"!!

crOOk

Actually I don't work out high, and I dont smoke directly post workout, but I smoke pretty much before every meal (6 times a day).

BigBenn said:
Actually I don't work out high, and I dont smoke directly post workout, but I smoke pretty much before every meal (6 times a day).

WOW, that's alot of smoking. Don't you find that this diminishes your lung capacity too much?

I find it makes him lose all respect in my eyes. You aint a bodybuilder, your a crackhead. 6x a day LOL so-so sad. If you need weed to help you eat, im sorry to say son, but you just aint cut out for bodybuilding. Thats like a needlephobic person trying to become the next Mr. O

LOL some dreams you just gotta give up on or be a FUCKING MAN ABOUT IT.

For your information asshole I used to be a gearhead. I'm not a child I'm 20 years old. I ran into some legal troubles over the entire gear issue and just walked away from it. I'm a pre-med student now that happens to have a strong interest in nutrition, bodybuilding, and endocrinology, the latter of which makes this board a great place for me to discuss my opinions. Although I don't find it to be any of your business I have some serious health issues that I find are alleviated by weed. We are talking one hit out of a vaporizor or bong before meals, which yes is about 6 times a day. If this makes me a crack head then so be it, but I am leading a healthy life and doing what I enjoy.

Because of these reasons you are right, I'm not your clean-head, completely disciplined bodybuilder. I'm not 240 pounds and havn't done a cycle in more than a year. I'm not "your type" of poster, for that I apologize but i don't think that makes my ideas and even my questions not respectable.

Perhaps I "Ain't" a bodybuilder, why don't you tell Colt Wynn that.

As for needlephobe I wouldn't say that at all .
Giza said:
I find it makes him lose all respect in my eyes. You aint a bodybuilder, your a crackhead. 6x a day LOL so-so sad. If you need weed to help you eat, im sorry to say son, but you just aint cut out for bodybuilding. Thats like a needlephobic person trying to become the next Mr. O

LOL some dreams you just gotta give up on or be a FUCKING MAN ABOUT IT.
:) :) :) :)

Actually yes. I smoke probobly about a quarter gram of high grade and its enough to give me some diminished lung capacity and physical endurance. Its something I am currently dealing with, trying to do more cardio but its never been my cake. Its really a problem I need to find a solution for.

I actually expirimented with transdermal thc but didn't have any luck, and eaten really negates the medicinal effects of my ganj and just straight messes me up.
Roger&Me said:
WOW, that's alot of smoking. Don't you find that this diminishes your lung capacity too much?