first concert you ever went to?

Alice Cooper when I was 7, Roger Waters the same year.

I would have loved to see Alice Cooper! Did your parents take you?

My first concert was Aerosmith in 1978 at the Masonic Temple. This was before they got real big.

I was 14 and needed a chaperone so my mom had a cool friend take me.

I would have loved to see Alice Cooper! Did your parents take you?

My first concert was Aerosmith in 1978 at the Masonic Temple. This was before they got real big.

I was 14 and needed a chaperone so my mom had a cool friend take me.

My dad did! It was awesome. Thankful he introduced me to great music/shows throughout the years.

I'd love to have seen aerosmith in their prime!

I consider seeing WHAM with George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley with my dad and sister more of a bad dream than my first concert.

My first real concert was Danzig and I was at least properly stoned & drunk finishing off 9 beers before parking lot security had me pour out the last 3. My 4 friends lost their weed, and nearly a case + a half bottle of Johnnie Walker all combined.

I later found out the concert was filmed, well most of it until the track that the camera moved laterally on was messed up when the pit poured over onto it.

So for any who are curious this is Danzig-Mother in 1993 at Irvine Meadows, about 45 miles south of Los Angeles. White Zombie and Kyuss (which went on to become Queens of the Stone Age) opened.

I'm the guy with his hand in the air jumping up n down, the only one of course ;-]

I went to see Boston with my father when i was 10 years. It really was an incredible experience. They had this giant spaceship that came down from the roof of the stage.

That is one show I'll never forget.

my first was depeche mode at the edinburgh playhouse in 1983. they were touring 'construction time again', their third album.

alasdair

Tibetan freedom concert outside of nyc. Just really remember Radiohead playing their blur album

I saw Blur playing their Radiohead album...

First concert was UFO on their 'No Place To Run' tour in 1980. Quickly followed by Black Sabbath with Dio on the 'Heaven & Hell' tour then Hawkwind on the 'Levitation' tour (with Ginger Baker on drums) - all 1980.

is this some 'thing' i am missing?

what is blur's radiohead album?

what is radiohead's blur album?

alasdair

Lynyrd Skynyrd, 1976. "Gimme Back My Bullets" tour. My sister dragged me along. I was 6 yrs. old.

Pink (Funhouse tour sydney 2008 ) went with my parents was young, but it was pre decent.

First concert i chose to go to and had my heart set on was Eminem (recovery tour 2011) in sydney it was fuckin amazing, Ive always been a massive em fan and always will be even with restricted view seating it was one of the best times ever, still remember my dad fell asleep halfway thru in the chair next to me lmfao while i was rapping my lungs out haha! The old boy wasnt very interested good times :ROFLMAO::love:

1st was Motorhead (Leeds Queens Hall 1981)
2nd was The Jam (Manchester Apollo 1982)

Not a bad introduction to live music :)

The Budweiser Superfest in 1997

It had Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Aaliyah (RIP), Ginuwine, Dru Hill and Mary J. Blige

It was an excellent first gig!

After that, it was NSYNC/Pink in high school and the rest were rock shows.

The Distillers in 2003

couldn't hear right for days. brody dropped or cracked her pick in the middle of a song and finished it with her fingers. blood dripping down her hand by the time it was over. for the last song, she used a not empty bottle as a slide and beer poured all over her guitar. made it short out and make all kinds of crazy sounds. was mortified she'd do that to her instrument.

I saw Alice Cooper off the "Killer" tour around 1971. The crazy thing was that my Dad drove my buddy and I to what was the Baltimore Civic Center in the big bad city! Hell, we were freakin' children but I know the only reason my Dad agreed was because he knew how much music meant to me. I actually wound up being a professional musician in my early 20's. So yea, thanks Dad, Love you!

The second I believe was Grand Funk around 72 at the Capitol Center. I saw someone earlier was actually at that show too. Small damn world!

Still a youngin so I haven't been to many. I had seen a few local bands play gigs but the first big one I saw was New Order a couple years back at Riot Fest. It was my first real concert experience, seeing one of my favorite bands in the world, at a huge festival with thousands of people, completely off my face on ecstasy, with someone I was quite fond of (at the time). First song they played was Disorder which I did not expect them to play any Joy Division because I thought they were against that. Maybe it was only Peter Hook who was and when he fucked off to form The Light they started playing their old songs. Played that, Transmission, most of their hits, including a couple deeper cuts which I love like Procession, and they did Love Will Tear Us Apart as an encore. It still gives me chills to go back and watch videos of it. Admittedly, if we're speaking objectively, it wasn't the best performance but I wasn't bothered in the slightest. The lack of Hook really did stand out, I mean not to disparage who ever their bassist is these days. Just a shame they split so acrimoniously.

A far better performance in my opinion and a truly once in a life time experience was seeing Cap'n Jazz on acid the next day.

I had no idea what the fuck was happening the entire time and loved every second of it.