first concert you ever went to?

JV

Bluelight Crew
mine was brian adams, with mr. bigg opening. what about you guys?

Smashing Pumpkins - July 9th, 1996 - Landover, MD - U.S. Air Arena

:D

This was right after they blew up and returned to the States from the big Mellon Collie European tour. I wish I would have seen them play at the 9:30 Club just six months previous.

Bruce Springsteen
Born in the USA Tour
Denver, CO-Mile Hi Stadium

Last edited:
Dead Kennedys
Sydney - Trade Union Club 1983

still a rock highlight for me after all these years - and there are plenty of others too :)

Finder said:
Smashing Pumpkins - July 9th, 1996 - Landover, MD - U.S. Air Arena

:D

This was right after they blew up and returned to the States from the big Mellon Collie European tour. I wish I would have seen them play at the 9:30 Club just six months previous.

:) awesome man. i went and saw the smashing pumpkins w/ fountains of wayne in cinci back on the mellon collie tour. i still have the shirt that has the album covers on the front and the back. damn good show. fountains of wayne were really good as well, and after that, i bought their cd and i still listen to it to this day, just like all the old smashing pumpkins cds.

First concert was some band called "scoobey groove"...seen at a local 18 and under club called "Obsessions". They were ok, very much like early Chilipeppers and Faith No More. This was way back in 1992-3. The first "real" concert I saw was the second Lalapolooza...

Afterthought: Shortly after writing this message I went on a bit of a cleaning frenzy, and lo and behold what do I stumble across in a box of tapes way back in the recess of my closet? The Scoobey Groove tape! HAHAHAHA! That and another local band from back then named "Crusi-Fries"!!! Serendipitydoodah!

Last edited:
^Shit, that reminds me of all the bands I saw at all the 18 and under clubs.

Good times!

I was thinking about this the other day and I think it was Michael Jackson during the 'Bad' tour.

god i just had to erase my post cuz i read "best" concert you ever went to. i was wondering about some of the replies. sooo, first concert i ever went to (not counting the embarassing ones my parents forced me to attend as a child) was ummmmmmmm, violent femmes i think. by the way tool and the eagles were the best.

george benson. circa 1982.

1st rock concert was dokken/sammy haggar(dokken opened) circa 1984.

My first concert was a 'high school rock off' which is just a 'battle of the bands' type thing held here every year.
My "real" first show was The Suicide Machines. Great show.

first concert ever- pointer sisters (i was like, 8, went w/ my parents)

first concert w/ friends- alanis morissette w/ garbage... probably around '97

My first concert eva was the Ninja Turtles, complete with bebop and rok steady.
My first serious musical concert was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. My mom took me for my 12th birthday. I saw candlebox a year later. I havent stopped seeing live music of any type since then. It is a huge part of my life and being.

my first music concert was a pennywise show...them the vandles, TSOL, and west coast dub all stars

97' Nimrod Tour- Green Day and a band whose name escapes me right now.

So many awesome memories at that show :)

Grateful Dead - Spring Tour '89 @ Rosemont Horizon, Chicago, Ill. I cant remember which night it was a 3 night run (I could dig the ticket up but don't feel like it). I was 12 pushing 13 (I think) and its was a fucking great experience (I still remember the lsd I ate though, green ohm's).

My Mother to this day jokingly (but possibly true) said that was her/there biggest mistake allowing me to see the Dead at such a young age.

Thanks Mom...!!! =D

edit: Now that I think about it I did see The Concert in the Park NYC Simon and Garfunkel (1981) with my parents but I was just a little 5 yr old kid, I barely remember it, I do remember though...

Last edited: