• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Overrated and underrated drugs

spork

Bluelight Crew
Which drugs do you think are overrated? Underrated? Please explain why you feel this way too.

I personally think that acid is overrated. There is unnecessary hype behind it and when I tried it, the experience was far from what I imagined. Don't get me wrong, I still do like acid.;)

I think that alcohol and marijuana are underrated. Just because they are widely accepted, many people don't even view them as drugs any more. When in fact, they are the most commonly abused drugs.

Last edited:
Over-rated:
Coke
Meth
Alcohol
Ecstasy
GHB
Research Chemicals
Nitrous
Heroin
Benzos
Speed
Ketamine
Opium

Under-rated:
LSD

Sorry, I'm a bit of a troublemaker :)

Over-rated:

MDXX- i think the general drug using community rates it correctly as the most fun you'll ever have but the online drug using community over-rates it as earth shattering and life changing.

Under-rated:

Speed- The speed round here is cut to shit but the thing is people still take small doses then talk about how its not that great only good for keeping dancing or staying awake.

Weed- By those who consider it 'high school', in various ways it can definetely be a powerful drug.

stropharia said:
Rated on what axis? Pleasure potential? Usefulness? Risk? Desirability?
All of the above.:)

Can you also elaborate on why you feel the way you do about the drugs that you have mentioned? I'm interested in hearing what people have to say.

Coke, meth and most benzos are all overrated (meth the least overrated). I just dont see what people really like in these. I mean, yeah there fun, but they just arent worth it.

The only drugs that i can think of as being underrated are both N2O and Ketamine. I guess its just because not enough people really know about them (around here atleast).

overrated-

alcohol, cause the fun part of being drunk is so short lived.

multicolored crank, cause no matter how good your "rocket" is, meth is supposed to be clear.

mushrooms, as far as being recreational- I'm never "really happy" on shrooms, most of the time they're a really haunting trip.

underrated-

lsd, lsd, lsd. I can't stress how much I miss good strong liquid circa '99 - '00

grass. grass is awesome. no matter how much speed, x, coke, etc I do, I'll never be one of those addicts who belittles grass or says "pot brings me down". no... when I smoke pot while spinning, I just get spun and stoned.

that's all for now.

Over-rated: Coke, Crank, Most of the 2c family (I thought most of them wer're weak, except 2-cb and 2-ct-7), and alcohol. (yet I still drink every weekend.) Under-rated: IMHO good, clean, high dose MDMA/MDA (breaks are the key), Ketamine, Hash, Opium, Shrooms, 5-meo-amt (if ya watch your dosage), good clean acid. I guess that's it.

overrated imo is weed - only this substance can turn my thoughts into racing anxious paranoid-induced thoughts in which I feel like a complete retard which only leave me cloudy headed for weeks although I love tripping just not weed.

I don't see how weed could be underrated at all with all the hemp products/bob marley/reggae/weed t-shirts/cheech and chong/ I could go on.

I'm suprised no one has said kratom as under-rated, most of you BL'ers seem to love the stuff.

I'll also say morning glories / HBRW are under-rated, most people don't even consiter them to be in the same class as other psychedelics, and while they certaintly have side effects, it's possible to have an intense and mind-opening experience with them

Soma---Underated.

3-4 tabs does the job very nicely from time to time. Not an every day thing mind you, but on occasion.

Overrated:
Coke_It's aight but not great and not worth the $$$
Acid_Maybe it's b/c I was expecting pink elephants to talk
me but somehow this drug wasn't what I expected
DXM_Maybe not overrated but even the hype it gets is FAR
too much

Underrated:
Shrooms_Like acid but better, shorter (in a good way) and
allows you to have a normal day after
Xanax_I know most don't like it but every know and then
this drug is a hell of alot of fun

Note, this is only my opinion and not the general one.

Overrated: Coke by far. People make it up to be awesome, but from my experiences it was pretty mediocre. Probably one of the least fun drugs I've tried.

Underrated: Psychedelics, I know tons of people who never even try them, but do tons of other drugs.

over rated: coke, mdma (even including GOOD light reflecting soft fish-scale yayo and top notch clean strong molly shards that burn the fuck out of my tongue... i still don't think they're as good as people make them out to be)

under rated: DMT, marijuana