• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Overrated and underrated drugs

Overrated-
Alcohol - Hooray! Let's feel drowsy and dizzy and dumb.

Coke- Why is it that all the dumb kids I know LOVE this shit, and all the kids with any brains don't get any effects?

Xanax- I don't know about you guys... but where the euphoria at??

Methylphenidate- Wow this shit makes me feel so bad.

Underrated-
DXM- Shut up.

Sonata- Thats right. SONATA. When you snort it, it is so strange, like a 15 minute benzo buzz... snort 30 mg and the world just gets wierd.

Drug combos- Once again, I have WIERD preferences, for example

Dxm and ambien- WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON? IT SURE IS NICE THOUGH.

DXM and Amphetamines- Can't get spun otherwise.

DXM and codiene- OH MY GOD. 300 mg dxm,300 mg codiene... feels like a nice 60mg oxy buzz, except better because of the dissasociation.

Yeah, I know everyone is going to disagree with me. And I am a hardhead as well :( So I need those high doses (refering to the danger of mixing dxm and amph, or high dose of codiene with moderate dose of dxm).

Overrated:
Speed - gogogo muthafuckin'...yeah. I get stimulated enough on acid thanks.

Alcohol - for reasons already stated.

Underrated:
Weed - No one told me you could trip like that off weed. It's like I kept falling in and out of this void. Then again, maybe the pill I was coming down from had something to do with it. The candyflip the week before as well. And just because I think it's underrated doesn't mean I like it.

LSD - everyone's afraid of the stuff because everyone knows someone who knows someone who took 1/10/50+ tabs/microdots/pills and got stuck in a trip for a week/year/forever. No, sorry, that shit just doesn't happen like that. They were fucked to begin with.

Overrated -

Coke, BY FAR. I just don't get it. WHY DO PEOPLE EVEN TALK ABOUT THIS DRUG?!?!

Ketamine - It's cool but some people just seem to like it way too much.

Underrated -

Methamphetamine - It's got the whole "evil" imagine and everything, and rightfully so. People also seem to not realize there is a very good reason it's evil. It's because it's really that fun at first LOL. That's my opinion atleast.

Originally posted by Beagle
Coke, BY FAR. I just don't get it. WHY DO PEOPLE EVEN TALK ABOUT THIS DRUG?!?!

i love coke.

when discussing something subjective, surely the terms 'overrated' and 'underrated' are essentially meaningless?

alasdair

Honestly now, a slight to moderate speedy euphoria and elation for about > an hour. The only cool part is the numbness in your mucous membranes.

Over-rated:
- Cocaine: Snortable novacaine anyone? Only $40 a gram!
-Ecstasy: Well ya, it's fun and all. Can't get over how much it feels like the "watching TV" equivalent in the drug world...

Underrated: Mescaline: I think if more hallucinogen enthusiasts went through the effort to give this one a shot, it would open up new worlds for them.

Overrated:

Alcohol
DXM

Underrated:

Ketamine (isn't magic until injected)

Ecstasy (I bet many of you <and everyone that said ecstasy was overrated> never had uncut MDMA)

Weed (At least when I first started, it was an amazing, trippy, fun high. I've lost most of that magic though)

Kratom (very nice. I can see this becoming illegal someday)

2C-I (a happy, introspective, visual, gentle psychedelic)

Over-rated : Cocaine , Too expensive , barely does anything for me,mixed with other drugs its ok but defiently doesnt live up to the hype surrounding it!

Under-rated : Alcohol,I drink it every week and still love it,its a great social,fun drug and deserves alot more credit on this site!
Weed : Good thing about weed is it goes with any drug ive tried and helps me sleep,calm,be creative and have a laugh

Originally posted by alasdairm
when discussing something subjective, surely the terms 'overrated' and 'underrated' are essentially meaningless?

alasdair
It all depends upon the reader's definition of "overrated" and "underrated" I suppose.

To me, overrated doesn't necessarily mean that you don't care for the drug. A drug can be overrated simply because the public/media's perception to it is completely different to how the drug actually effects the user.

This is why I asked people to please explain why they feel the way that they do.:)

^ i take your point.

i guess it's just so subjective. what i mean is that when user X says "drug Y is overrated', we could just as easily say 'user X underrates drug Y'.

alasdair

How about "The drugs that everyone but me seems to like, and the drugs that everyone but me doesn't like." Statements made given this definition are probably driven mostly by the ways in which your metabolism and neurochemistry differ from the average.

An alternative interpretation could be "The drugs that everyone says they like, but only because the social climate dictates that they should like it" and the opposite. This would be a more interesting interpretation, but it's hard for anyone to justify any position they take under it, as it requires knowing that other people are not having the subjective experiences they say they're having.

What the hell... I'm going with the former, because it's easier.

Underrated:
Ephedrine. It has a reputation as being like amphetamines, with none of the good bits and more of the bad bits. I find it quite euphoric and great for getting things done, especially mixed with caffeine.

DXM. It's like three drugs in one. A little makes me stimulated and talkative. More makes me calm and peaceful. Yet more puts me in a wacky quasi-psychedelic state. Even the comedowns and withdrawals are interesting.

Legal substances in general. "If it were any good, it would be illegal". Huh?

Overrated:
Kratom. Most people seem to really like the supposedly opiate-like sensation. It makes me sick and stops me sleeping.

Marijuana. To me it feels a bit like anticholinergics (datura, scopolamine, diphenhydramine).

Overrated: anything not an opiod (or MDMA); you can see the only ones I enjoy obviously. Alcohol is occasionally good I guess.

It is sad to see so many people say "cocaine." Unfortunately, this just verifies my theory that everyone is getting shitty cocaine. The cocaine in the 80s was just unreal (NYC area) and if it was as good as it was then, it wouldnt be overrated.

In my opinion, acid is overrated (or maybe I have just tripped too many times) and opiated/oids are underrated.

swybs

^^ I tried a few different opiods/opiates a few times and never really knew what to expect at first. The feeling is something you can almost miss if you don't know what to look for, so it took a while for me to truly appreciate them.
edit: then again most people could probably say this for their substance of choice as well.

Overrated:

Cocaine: Wherever I am, people can get alright coke, but it is always expensive. I believe it is overrated because of the cost and because the high is so short. After a bit I feel this huge emptiness and am overwhelmed with a need to have another line. As a friend remarked: "coke would be great if we were movie/rock stars."

Alcohol: It's legal, more people do it than anything else, and it doesn't give you any euphoria. I like it in social situations, but it like what was already stated, you don't feel "good" for very long, just while drinking it early on. The hangover is rediculous and you can easily spend nights passed out/blacked out/in front of a toilet. Also, frankly I hate seeing beer commercials next to anti-marijuana ones (so I may be a bit biased ;)).

Underrated:

Marijuana: As long as you don't abuse it (how many of us haven't?) it is great. Gives euphoria, makes music sound fantastic (all senses are increased), can have interesting psychedelic effects, no hangover, no real side effects and can cure nausea. People have remarked that is a "high school" drug, but I almost think alcohol is.

Psychelics (mushrooms): The only class of drugs where you 'get' something out of it. True you don't get instant bodily pleasure, but the cosmic bliss you experience can easily transcend your body. Mushrooms completely changed my life, much for the better. Some people take them as 'drugs' in the same sense as coke, but when used that way of course you're more in line for a bad trip. When used for the right reasons in the right setting, they blow away anything else I have ever experienced (drug or not) and make me appreciate the universe and everything around it (not to mention the insights I have gotten about myself and others).

Overated (didn't live up to expectations);
Snorted Ketamine

Under rated (exceeded expectations):
LSD
salvia

Haha, gugglebum sure didn't show up anymore after that Heroine question... :)
I haven't tried it, but I can't wait and am pretty sure it is not overrated...

crOOk