• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

⫸STICKY⫷ How to test an ecstasy pill

^^^ Yes, yes, and YES! :)

Go read some horror stories on people taking piperazines and see how they felt. They could have avoided their pain by having a testing kit.

Boi, we don't take too kindly to your kind 'round these parts

For information on the marquis reagent (which is the test kit used by the original poster in this thread), see here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquis_reagent
It's a mixture of formaldehyde and concentrated sulphuric acid. You only need enough of a pill scraping that you can see some powder on the plate. Like the size of 5-10 grains of table salt.

Because the reactions from DXM and MDMA are so similar, DanceSafe chose many years ago to stress the Mecke reagent.

You can read more about the DanceSafe kits here:
http://www.dancesafe.org/testingkits/instructions.php

^^^ Yes, yes, and YES! :)

Go read some horror stories on people taking piperazines and see how they felt. They could have avoided their pain by having a testing kit.

yes they are worth it.. i had 3 BZP pills called red apples about 5 months ago.. never dropped without testing again.. my heart would not stop, after 50 mins you could see my heart beating from just looking at my chest and i felt strange, sharp pain shot thru my left arm and left shoulder and i said to my friends what i was feeling.. there were cops nearby and i ran straight to them and told them what i had taken and what i felt like, was rushed to the hospital.. the doctors said i had a mild heart attack and could of very well died, my body didnt return to normal till about 3 days later, i had the shakes and was extremely nervous about everything. i couldnt sit still for 30 seconds, i just kept shaking.. trust me, test kits are a good idea

yes they are worth it.. i had 3 BZP pills called red apples about 5 months ago.. never dropped without testing again.. my heart would not stop, after 50 mins you could see my heart beating from just looking at my chest and i felt strange, sharp pain shot thru my left arm and left shoulder and i said to my friends what i was feeling.. there were cops nearby and i ran straight to them and told them what i had taken and what i felt like, was rushed to the hospital.. the doctors said i had a mild heart attack and could of very well died, my body didnt return to normal till about 3 days later, i had the shakes and was extremely nervous about everything. i couldnt sit still for 30 seconds, i just kept shaking.. trust me, test kits are a good idea

Wow, I am so glad to hear that you are ok now. Just out of curiosity, did you drop all three at once? :(

Are testing kits worth it?

I often hear and read people asking this question. If you are someone who is just looking to get fucked up and don't care on what or what potential harm it has then this is not for you.

But if you have ever taken a pill and got so severely twisted as to question whether or not you need to seek medical attention then you need to get a test kit ASAP. Now i realize you cant take this into a club and use it there safely with out potential arrest or contamination, but you can get this for home so that you can test your pills before getting a large batch or just consuming a few with your love.

I personally invested in a test kit after i purchased two different pills at a night club and took both. I had one that i knew what it was (trusted source) and one that was later found to be DXM (sent red M&M pill into Dancesafe). I seriously thought i was going to die this night. At first it was great; i had taken the official pill first and about 3 hours in i dropped the M&M well immediately i was very sick to my stomach. I was fighting back the urge to get sick, eventually i did get sick. I became extremely hot but wasn't sweating at all so i could not cool off, all of my pores felt like they were splitting open or on fire. I was getting really dizzy and hallucinating. Everything was like really low resolution like an 8-bit video game. My thoughts were racing all over the place but my body was sluggish. I could barely control my arms and legs let alone talk or hold conversation. The only reason i didn't go to a hospital was because i was at an after party and the people there kept saying "your not as wasted as you think, you don't need an ambulance" though looking back on it i shoulda just walked down the street and called from my cell phone I was in very bad shape.

Previous to that i have received adulterated pills before, but it was always a substance i had experience with and liked; 2cb, meth etc. Even DXM i had done before just never in that quantity and mixed with E. I believe i was fortunate that i didn't take the second pill till i was leaving the club. I cant imagine what woulda happened if this occurred in a club.

I've also known friends to take pills that were suspect and to have ended up int eh emergency room.

Now I test ALL of my pills, even ones from trusted sources because i realize that sometimes the trusted source isn't even sure whats in their pills. Especially with all the piperazines going around I really am not interested in a half day negatively distorted perception.

My wife and I take E to enjoy our company and parties a little bit more, we moderate and take E safely. I would NEVER ever take a pill or molly i haent tested. And i certainly wouldn't let my wife take it.

The 25-50 dollars you spend on the test kit will save you a ton of money lost to bunk pills and will save the most important thing of all your health and your sanity.

Everyone should purchase testing kits. I can't wait for a kit that can positively distinguish pipes like BZP/TFMPP/MCPP current testing kits give no reaction to these chems so the best you can say is that the pill is either bunk or has pipes or is a new unknown chemical.

^If you live in an area where DXM pills are common a test kit is extra worthwhile, DXM and MDMA is a dangerous combination.

Two questions. Can someone post a picture to show how much of a pill to use for testing? Also, when you test a pill or pills, if you find that it tests badly you just throw it away? Or do you confront the person who sold it to you and try to get a refund? (Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm just new to the scene atm)

When I test a pill I will scrape off something equal to 6-10 grains of salt. Using a smaller amount lets you see different hues of colours instead of the reagent turning very dark instantly. If you do not get a reaction then try using a little more. Apart from my first time, I have never been sold a weak or non-active pill but a few of my friends have. Most of them are able to get them refunded or swapped for different pills as they are repeat customers. But if you were to buy a pill of the street from someone you do not know I say you would have almost zero chance of getting your money back.

If it turns blue/purple then there is mdma in it. but how much mg it has you can't see..

Everyone should purchase testing kits. I can't wait for a kit that can positively distinguish pipes like BZP/TFMPP/MCPP current testing kits give no reaction to these chems so the best you can say is that the pill is either bunk or has pipes or is a new unknown chemical.

This is so true. If everyone would test their beans before buying them or just buying one and testing before buying a group maybe we could cut down on the amount of pipes going in circulation. Dealers will start to get pissed if they are given pills people won't buy.