• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

marijuana's possible insufflation

Bad_Boy_Blue said:
I hate to admit this, but I've tried this before and it worked quite well.

was it similar to eating marijuana normally? I'm curious.

Next time I'm hanging out with my buddies we're gonna end up shooting some tree up our ass.

BBB
Was it an extract, powdered up herb, or just one large bud?

Kief isn't pollen. It's "trichomes," little resin packets that grow on the surface of the plant, while pollen is an unwanted biproduct (from a smoker's perspective) that will be released from the male plants if you let them mature (and cause female plants to produce seeds).

If you're going to be extracting into an oil-based product, why would you want to put that up your nose? Don't you have mucous membranes in your mouth? I put kief in my mouth and it works for me.

Kief isn't pollen. It's "trichomes," little resin packets that grow on the surface of the plant

It also contains cystoliths (small crystals of calcium oxalate). It's calcium oxalate crystals that make things like dumbcane (can't remember latin name of plant) so painful if you bite on a leaf. For that reason alone, I wouldn't fancy snorting any powdered cannabis product.

On the rectal admin point, you can get excellent results by getting the THC into an emulsion (dissolved in the fat micelles) for administration. The time I tried it, it was using oil made from crappy soap bar and full fat milk and it worked really well. Much smoother onset than eating it.

The only problem is that the emulsion you end up squirting into your colon is a shit brown colour before you start (best to learn to do it blindfolded!)

NoRtYbYN8uRe said:
uneducated middle school kids snort kif....

wrong... thc is not water soluble... its useless to snort kif... im positive... go ask this kind of question at www.overgrow.com and you will get laughed at... not to be rude but i dotn want false info being spread.... THC IS NOT WATER SOLUBLE! ... peace

Hot water, and cold water extractions??

What about marijuana tea?

Yes maybe the thc will not bind to the water, but water can extract it from the plant material.

Drugs don't bind to water, they bind to receptor proteins, plasma proteins etc.

THC is insoluble in water; the reason people make tea with it is because THC can dissolve in the fatty content of an emulsion (like milk)

^ That's what I did. I used lecithin to emulsify cannabutter and shot it up my ass with a syringe. The great thing about plugging it is that you don't have to wait as long as you would if you ate it (in my experience). Since you absorb a greater percentage of cannabinoids than when eating the cannabis, it's more worthwhile.

^ I don't think so, especially if you're plugging other drugs at the same time.

Last edited:
too bad im not gay...i would've done a spectacular thc dildo and fucked my self to sleep

Oh yeah, I'm gay because I've plugged drugs.

I just plug drugs as an excuse to stick something up my ass, really.

Well I'm glad you can finally admit that to yourself. Btw, there's a way to double the effects of thc portion: first plug it in, then when it "kicks ass", unplug it and smoke it or eat whatever is left. only true smokers do this, so if ur a n00b, don't do it.

A much better alternative in my mind would be transdermal delivery. I used to do it with hydrophobic drugs all the time in doses up to a gram at a time. DMSO is the most promising transdermal delivery method but when I tried to simply dissolve some thc in DMSO (pretty much everything is soluble in dmso), I ended up with a pulp that gave quite a rash, almost to the point where I would call it chemical burns. I would like to try it with hash oil as i would think this would solve the allergy problems and give very good delivery.

It was probably the DMSO that gave the rash. Otherwise, wouldn't applying a DMSO-weed extract and applying a DMSO-hashoil extract still contain the same possible allergens?

Actually as I said, I have used dmso for transdermal delivery of other compounds. I will also comment that I would use these twice a day for 4 weeks without a rash. When I made the pot solution I used 10% DMSO 10% Oleic Acid 10% prop glycol 30% IsoMyristate and 40% iso. I used all high grade chems and didnt have a rash problem. The reason I assumed the allergy problem was because the plant matter actually dissolved in the solution. DMSO can shuttle very large molecules through the skin and I'm sure quite a few were gaining entry. Naturally, a high concentration and volume of allergens i would assume would be worse than a low volume application needed to dissolve thc oil. I would imagine you could get more than 50mg/ml of solution

Bad_Boy_Blue said:
^ That's what I did. I used lecithin to emulsify cannabutter and shot it up my ass with a syringe. The great thing about plugging it is that you don't have to wait as long as you would if you ate it (in my experience). Since you absorb a greater percentage of cannabinoids than when eating the cannabis, it's more worthwhile.

woaw dude..thats pretty heavy putting a syringe up your arse for a marijuana high.