Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

TMA-2 - First Time - 36mg - On a psychedelic amphetamine

Neo1

Bluelighter
TMA-2 36mg - 1st go on a psychedelic amphetamine

13 November 2004

TMA-2 (2,4,5-trimethoxyamphetamine) 36mg

This report was handed to me, crumpled and bloodstained, by a homeless person on Oxford street. As he thrust it into my hands, he said ?€œI found this at the dump?€?. Use it wisely, my son.?€. Then, twitching, he expired.

This is what the report said:

This is my first trip report, so no bells 'n whistles.... and my first exposure to the psychedelic amphetamines. I read about TMA-2 a long time ago, in PIHKAL, and have always wanted to try it.

Set and setting: At home with flatmate C, after an afternoon of spring cleaning. Mood is relaxed and contented. No food for at least 4 hours previously. No psychedelics for 8 days previously, just a few spliffs. C did not ingest.

House cleaning is a great way to start a trip. It helps focus the mind on the act of cleansing, and this focus carries over into the trip.

18:15 T+00:00

Ingest 36mg TMA-2. My intent is simply to explore this new compound. I have no expectations.

18:45 T+00:30

There?€™s an alert already, much sooner than expected. Slight nausea and that indescribable ?€œlift-off?€ feeling simlar to LSD.

19:30 T+01:15

Wow, this is strong medicine! Me and C went to take the rubbish out and go to to the supermarket. Didn?€™t think I?€™d be tripping this quickly, or I would have stayed home. Even the walk from the bins was an adventure. The come-up felt just like my first ever MDMA experience, loads of push and speediness. It?€™s dark and the lights are sparkling. There?€™s a feeling of expansion and I can?€™t stop grinning. C is 'hitchhiking" on the energy she's getting from me.

In the supermarket, I got a little nervous and somewhat paranoid. This is why I stay home on strong drugs. I feel like all my ego-armour has been stripped-off and my soul is bare. At the same time, it was enjoyable. Colours were brighter and there was that sense of synchronicity in everything. C was telling me about the last time she was in that supermarket and how she had made a mistake buying something. As she said that, a shelf-stocker nearby dropped a bunch of stuff and there was a crash. These ?€œsimultaneous events?€ happen all the time but seem so much more obvious and meaningful when tripping. At the checkout, I got a little paranoid again, and then the checkout girl mentioned to another checkout girl that she was feeling paranoid. Synch.

I?€™m glad C was with me. She helped keep me grounded. But, I was glad to be out of there.

Home and safe, I became aware of my body armour. The energetic imprints we all program into our muscles in order to shield ourselves from harm.

I killed a locust once, in the African desert, as a child. Because I was afraid of it. Now I understand more of the sanctity of life. Killing is the last resort.

I feel a little of how insects and small creatures must feel, in the immensity of the world we are small and (we think) powerless. So we develop armour, shells, insurance policies and governments. Somehow, as children, we take on these attributes and they become mental constructs and emotional structures. These structures become embedded not only in our psychology, but in our physiology as well, creating muscle tensions and blocked energy patterns.

These imprints are built up over many years, usually starting in childhood. In my case, I slightly hunch my shoulders forward, rounding my back, like a turtle in its shell. This has the effect of compressing the ribcage in an attempt to protect the internal organs. TMA-2 made this very apparent to me. I could actually feel the bunches of energy in my auric field and muscles.

Identifying the old patterns is always rewarding, if we can learn to bring the memories ?€œhome?€ into everyday 3D consciousness.

But why see the world as an enemy? The world is a friendly place, so why walk around with a suit of armour? If we act on the assumption that the world is a hostile environment, then we will pull danger and stress towards us. The external world is simply a giant holographic mirror, and we back whatever we put out.

So I reinforce the belief that the world is my friend.

20:15 T+02:00

C is showing me some yoga. Stretching on psychedelics is always a lovely feeling.

/// time lapses ///

21:05 T+02:40

I like TMA-2 a lot, but it?€™s very stark. The emotional level isn?€™t exactly cold, nor is it hot with passion. It?€™s simply there and exposed. Very aware of old patterns in self, even tiny habitual moves like scratching the head are seen as programmed moves, energy sequences.

Music is very nice though, it keeps coming and grabbing my attention and taking me on a little journey. Especially driving guitar music, goes very well with the amphetamine nature of the compound.

No visuals to speak of, although there is some basic eyes-closed imagery.

21:30 T+03:05

Looking for some extra warmth, I weigh out 90mg of MDMA. Then, tasting a tiny bit on the end of my finger (<1 mg)?€?. I change my mind and put it away. Just the taste of it, and the smell of it, adds the required warmth. Homeopathic drugs! I?€™m in a twilight state of wanting things but when I get close to what I want, I don?€™t want it anymore. Lit a cigarette, had a couple of drags, and put it out.

Music is still sounding wonderful.

This drug has a tricky trippy feel to it, lots of push. Lots of mental twists and turns, as the molecule cleaves open the psyche.

22:30 T+04:05

Where did that hour just go? It felt like 5 minutes. This is like acid on speed.

Did some etheric cord-cutting exercises to help remove old attachments no longer needed.

22:55 T+04:30

Smoking a joint produces a slight nausea, but the effects are nice. What would a trip be without a joint close to hand?

Some mild jaw clenching ensues. TMA-2 appears to have a rapid climb, a high, shortish peak, followed by a long plateau.

Got to thinking about Shamanism and how shaman speak of ?€œplant teachers?€&#157;. So, why not ?€œmolecule teachers??€&#157;. A quick google of ?€œteacher molecules?€&#157; brings up someone by the name of Molly Cule. Heh?€?..

http://www.scholastic.com/MagicSchoolBus/games/teacher/molecules/

The CD finishes, so I randomly grab another one. Which turns out to be ?€œMolecular Music ?€“ music of the plants!!! Fuck! This biochemist chick, Linda Long, has written an algorithm which converts the protein molecules of plants directly into music.

23:55 T+05:30

Dooby Spliff and TMA-2 are synergizing well. The fun side has come out to play.

Have some kava-kava tincture. It?€™s very relaxing. Things are good.

00:55 T+06:30

Still at plateau. Feeling good. Ginger honey cake tastes gorgeous.

A light headache came and went and with it, angry thoughts.

TMA-2 appears to enhance the mind-body link. Repressed emotions and their corresponding physical loci are very obvious.

01:15 T+06:50

The drug is just starting to drop now, slowly.

02:15 T+07:50

Lots of yawning. Nice chat with C. Sleep feels close, though the drug is still active.

Slight headache, not bothersome. Feeling lethargic.

04:00 T+09:35

Feeling tired but still not back to baseline.

What have I learned tonight?

?€? The world is a friendly place.
?€? There?€™s no point in carrying armour around in a friendly world.
?€? It?€™s good to let go.
?€? Honey and ginger cake is a treasure.
?€? Molecules have personalities
?€? We have imprints. Little coagulations of olf thoughts and feelings which attach to various places in our physical bodies.
?€? TMA-2 is a good compound

Might not be a lot, but it feels good.

04:40 T+10:15 Signing off

Addendum: still didn?€™t feel like sleeping after that so I ingested 50mg MDMA as an experiment in synergy. 50mg?€™s was not enough to kick me but it was enough to test the synergy of these two compounds. All I got was no MDMA buzz and a headache. Don?€™t think the two will synergise particularly well when done at proper dosages and proper timings, though I may be wrong. Glad I didn?€™t waste my first TMA-2 trip by adding MDMA earlier.

Next time I do TMA-2, I might go up to 50mg to see if there's any visuals.

Peace,
Neo

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_tma2
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice report :)

Well written and one can feel easily empathy for you - I feel like I was there!! Your insights are well deep, I find, especially the one about body armour / energies / shells / insurance etc. appeals to me.

The supermarket episode also has a fimiliar ring to it ;)

What strikes me is that you got into music a fair bit and that you didn't get visuals a lot bar for the come up. My homeless person got a fair bit of floaty breathing pictures on the walls but not much in therms of musical excitement on the compound in his as yet one and only trial with it.

Another thing that struck me is your difficulties upon combining with MDMA. I have read other reports about them having a good synergy.

Seems like everybody is different...

Very evocative report, likewise I felt I was there. thanks

Very well written report and concluding notes. I once used to write reports like that. Perhaps I should once again start up. Perhaps I will learn more from the experiences. Lately I have been getting little out of the psychedelic experiences. TMA-2 was always one I have been interested in...

Fantastic Report, you articulated your thoughts amd feelings very well, thus the report is easy to identify with. your revelations on the preconditioned fear we have programmed into us were spot on. A truly enjoyable and stimulating report.

Brill report - glad u didnt do MDM - even if u had a great time (which u may well hav done) coz then it's no longer a tma report & it's a rare thing so0 worth reporting on on its own - sounds good & didnt need help

I highly agree on the smoking of joints/spliffs whilst tripping, rather than smoking bongs, the subtlety of the cigarette is much more desirable :)

NIce report, hopefully you may be able to post an experience of TMA-6 for us as on reading a report on that got me very gripped.

I liked the analytical style in which you described the trip; thanks a clear, concise and very well written report.

peace

Interesting, but the bottom line is this is still an amphetamine. The energy SWIM got from DOB was almost untameable.

If one is seeking to explore a amphetamine other than MDMA or MDA, I would recommend 2,4,5-TMA.

If I had to name one compound from PIHKAL that I would dream of making then mescaline has got to be it. 2-C-X type structures would also be good.

Last edited:
Excellent!! ;-)

Really enjoyed reading this one. Really loved your way of thinking as it is so simular to mine while tripping ;)

Thanks for the positive comments to my first trip report, friends :)

Mean Girl said:
*bump*

have you had another shot at it yet? :)

Not yet...... so many drugs, so little time. But the 50mg TMA-2 one is still on the cards, hopefully soon.

After posting another report today (DOB) I have come to realise that these psychedelic amps are really an untapped treasure. They reach deep into the psyche and have the stimulant push and long action that makes self-therapy a real possibility. They've been around for so long but due to legislation have gone far underground, making way for the likes of the 2C-x range and the synthetic tryptamines. But with more and more compounds being banned it seems likely that there won't be much incentive to make 2C's and the like in preferance to DOx-type compounds. I hope so, for I'm itching to eat some DOM.

Has anyone compared TMA-2 with TMA-6?

Peace,
Neo

Your trip reports so far have been all extremely entertaining and detailed. Keep em coming!! =D