• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

What are the telltale signs of a repressed homosexual?

MyDoorsAreOpen

Bluelight Crew
The subject line pretty much says it all. What behaviors and attitudes tend to make people look at a person (particularly a man) and say, "I see signs of repressed homosexuality."? How do these character traits relate directly to being gay but in denial about it?

Or is "repressed homosexual" usually just a fictitious label put on any men who act a certain way, by bigots? If you think this is the case, what are the behaviors used to justify this label, and why are they mistaken by the casual observer for hidden gayness?

I ask because I've heard this term batted around before, but can't say as I've ever met someone that I thought it applied to.

^^^
ROFL!

I have dated or been involved with 3 represssed homosexuals, so I seem to go for them or something!

Many things are very stereotypical but still hold grains of truth, such as a lisp and excessive hand movements while talking.

The biggest sign though, hands-down, is intense homophobia, especially if combined with any 'stereotypical' traits.

Haha, I've dated only ONE repressed homosexual. I found it funny that every other BF of mine always wanted to do me in the butt, but this one didn't. Plus, his mannerisms were just real feminine.. he would always walk with his back arched, his arms bent and his hands limp.

I would imagine, for a man, displaying feminine traits and for a woman, vice versa. What are the behaviors and attitudes for a repressed heterosexual?

Hating gay people. Hurting gay people. These are two in my mind. It certainly doesn't cover all the people who are hateful bigots, but these are signs of repression as far as I'm concerned.

To all of the stuff up there............I hope that you are all just taking the piss..........Cos it sounds to me like an absolute load of codswallop.

Someone has a lisp............therefore they may be gay.........please.

And I know a number of gay people who are not in the least feminine and straight guys who are quite feminine.

hand movements when talking.........OMG........well that pretty much means every Italian is one.

Please tell me u r all just takin the piss.........

Yeah I'm not too fond of the 'repressed homosexual' term or idea myself.

Some more Avenue Q goodness:

ROD (speaking quickly): So why are you telling me this? Do you think I care? I don't care. What'd you have for lunch today?

NICKY: Well, you don't need to get all defensi---

ROD (defensive): I'M NOT GETTING DEFENSIVE!!! (Pause.) Why do I care about some gay guy you met on the subway?

Later on, when he's confronted with the suspicion that he's gay, Rod sings a great little tune called "My Girlfriend, Who Lives In Canada." So that's one way to tell. ;)

fairnymph said:
The biggest sign though, hands-down, is intense homophobia, especially if combined with any 'stereotypical' traits.

That's been my experience as well. I am not certain what the exact statistics are, or even if a specific study that doesn't use the survey method has been done, but it certainly is a common defense mechanism.

I have also known "straight" guys who have been assholes constantly seeking trysts and conquests with women in an (ineffective) effort to prove (mostly to themselves) they really don't dream about sucking cock 16 hours out of the day. :)

omg dont even get me started on this. all of HS my friends thought i was gay and i had no idea. so i finally asked my gay friend what about me makes ppl think i was gay. he told me i articulate and gesticulate(the hand movements) also i can cross my legs if i want to. funny thing now is that all my friends that are girls now want their bf or man to be more like me. so yea basically there are no signs.

mean green 95 said:
funny thing now is that all my friends that are girls now want their bf or man to be more like me. so yea basically there are no signs.

God, don't you hate that?!!

HOT GIRL: "I wish my boyfriend were more like you."
YOU: "...okay."

FestiveCheez said:
God, don't you hate that?!!

HOT GIRL: "I wish my boyfriend were more like you."
YOU: "...okay."
yea it totally sucks. but hot girls have hot friends so thats ok.

edited: sorry, see post below

Last edited by a moderator:
WELL, here is my opinion.
I have never met a man who could honestly say that he has NEVER thought about having sex with another man. Most men, if they are honest about it, will admit that they have wondered what it would be like.

So the REPRESSED homosexual man, is the one who would not admit to ever thinking about it, even under torutre. At the very idea of homsexuality he expresses disgust and displeasure. Not just quietly, he makes sure that everyone knows that he thinks homosexuality is weird and wrong.

One night, I was with a group of friends and we went into a bar that turned out to be a gay bar. Noone really cared 'cos the drinks were cheap and the atmosphere was cool. But that was until repressed homosexual saw two GIRLS kissing. I'll paraphrase "Oh no, don't look, oh no, that's just wrong, I'm scared"

Yes, he was actually scared because two girls were kissing ten feet away from him. I'm pretty sure the girls were not even aware of his existence.
That just does not add up to me. I think he doth protest too much.

To all of the stuff up there............I hope that you are all just taking the piss..........Cos it sounds to me like an absolute load of codswallop.

Someone has a lisp............therefore they may be gay.........please.

And I know a number of gay people who are not in the least feminine and straight guys who are quite feminine.

hand movements when talking.........OMG........well that pretty much means every Italian is one.

Please tell me u r all just takin the piss.........

I was just about to say the same thing...great, attractive, and potentially genius minds think alike ;)

MazDan said:

Right, he is asking for the STEREOTPYES. I never said I thought it was fair or correct, it's just stupid bullshit that people believe.