• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

The high from injesting pot..

PimpTurk

Bluelighter
I have only ate marijuana once and i dont think i ate enough so i didnt get the full effects...

is eating pot a better high?

Depends on what you think is better, it's subjective..

Maybe you could rephrase your question.

if you eat enouth you get really wasted!!
last time i eat some spacecake i got all cold and got the shivers
i was in a room full of people and everybody was talking....it totaly freaked my out, i know some of my friends go tripping from a good amout of spacecake,but that never happened to my.
its very difficult to get the right dosage, and i like smoking my weed its a lot nicer high

I've tried some cake once made with weed. Very different high compared to smoking, infact I passed out and forgot alot what happened on the night. I'd compare it to drinking too much and being really drunk rather than stoned...

Everytime I've eaten it, I got exaggerated psychedelic effects woohoooo and it lasts alot longer than smoking...really I like it better than smoking and actually being health conscious...I prefer eating weed and as soon as I can, I'll quit smoking it and make brownies instead.

FisheyeLens %)

FisheyeLens said:
Everytime I've eaten it, I got exaggerated psychedelic effects woohoooo and it lasts alot longer than smoking...really I like it better than smoking and actually being health conscious...

i hear that!!!

when ever i eat i always put down a gram.....
im in the process of experimenting with how low i can go and still feel the effects...(that way im not totally obvious when im in school or around family or what not)

so far .7g worked for my bro

it always takes like an hour to really kick but it truely lasts longer...and ya...exagerated effects...

deffinately something to try

The high you get from eating weed does last quite a bit longer and it has other nice effects that you don't really get when you smoke weed. I enjoy it, but like someone said above, it's hard to know how much to throw into food to be able to get high from it.

cool.. thanks for the input.....

i think im going to be eating pot alot more then smoking it

more intense... My body always feels INCREDIBLY heavy, I get really lazy, and sometimes tired, it also lasts longer then weed, and damn man smoking is so much fun. I like both but will never substitute eating for smoking.

Eating pot can be scary. The first time I did so (which was also about the 4th time I got high) I was absolutely twisted. I only ate like a dime of raw (dirty, crappy) buds on top of a mini pizza. At the peak of it, the entire world was throbbing purple, and I had no idea what was going on. Me and my friend went for a walk (as an excuse to leave my house, because I was panicking) and I kept expecting him to push me into traffic.

whats really nice about eating is that your still high when you wake up the next morning

R.M. Shackelford said:
) and I kept expecting him to push me into traffic.

lol, i remember when weed made me think of crazy paranoid shit like that...good times

My favorite way to use marijuana is to combine a hefty dose of edible cannabis food with smoked dank. It creates a very long-lived, physical, and mental high. I find that ingested cannabis alone tends to lack in the mental aspect as well as in the "acute" effect of smoking it, but smoking it provides a short experience which can be easily shrugged off in certain situations.

If you eat a well-prepared cannabis confection:
* It takes longer to get going (1.5 hours or more if your stomach is full
* It lasts longer (4-6 hours noticeable effects, longer for subtle effects)
* You get all you paid for (no blowing out smoke. It's IN YOU!)

I find the musical enhancements last a loong time (something I value heavily)
I find the non-aural sensual effects are still there 8 hours later (morning-after brownie stoner sex is awesome!!)
Without moderation (amount, frequency), tolerance will still reduce the 'high'
Couch-lock, flop-out, shivers/spasms, paranoid thoughts are still a hazard
Fascinating, insightful, honest, funny, divergent mentation are a delightful benefit.
Every batch is different (I don't grow my own)

Disclosure: I hate to smoke. I love to eat (and cook).

pimpturk: you should vaporize your weed if your lookin for a "better high" and of course healthy smoking

^ good point. vaporizing removes most of the garbage and leaves you with a cleaner high. i think this is because it melts the weed appose to burning it.

200-350mg is my sweet spot...if I go over I tend to pass out/can't move very much. I get some visual effect too, which I don't get when smoking.

^^ How often do you smoke? Because I ate like .5 G and I have a hefty tolerance, but I got blasted as could be, it was really weird. My friend was all 'you're just wasting it man!' and then damn was he jealous when it hit me. I said 'oh shit, I think I'm really high' and burst out laughing. Always a good way to start some drug abuse.

miptvision said:
if you eat a lot like a 8th its vary good

3.5 grams would launch me to a space where I wouldn't want to be.
I think you either
-have a high tolerance
-you're not as affected by oral weed as me
-weed quality varies

because most I've eaten was 1gram, and it usually knocks me out at the peak(I either fall in a weed coma where I can't be awakened, or I keep slipping in and out of conciousness)
Very psychedelic, I'm barely able to socialize.

Like others have said the effects are very intense and it's hard to dose.
I find it fun as a special alternative from smoking, but getting wasted in such a fashion is not something I'm able to cope with on a regular base.

Man, I've got to get round to combining this with stimulants. I said so much I'd do it, but I always pussy out. lol
(thinking about amphetamine or a low dose MDMA)