• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

The high from injesting pot..

Maybe he's talking about an eighth of dirty schwag?

ToxicFerret said:
^^ How often do you smoke? Because I ate like .5 G and I have a hefty tolerance, but I got blasted as could be, it was really weird. My friend was all 'you're just wasting it man!' and then damn was he jealous when it hit me. I said 'oh shit, I think I'm really high' and burst out laughing. Always a good way to start some drug abuse.

At the time I smoked at least once a day... It's probably less for me now that I have no tolerance, one inhalation of the pot they have here and I tend to get fairly high. I do like oral a lot better than the smoked route though, I always seem to get visuals (and also a lot more confused sometimes). It's much closer to a stony psychedelic like MDA than pot is.

Keep in mind the pot does have to usually be cooked a bit/very very dry (to decarboxylate the THC and make it active). So it might take an 8th oral uncooked to get high. I've eaten 1.5 grams uncooked moderately moist pot and felt nothing.

Its great. even more so when you smoke a little after it kicks in. Eating it make it last so so much longer. Also seems to effect the body high more instead of in your head. But if one eats to much swim gets very dry mouth and does not want to do much anything. but to each his/her own. Swim likes to smoke more as a social thing but also loves to eat as a geting high kind of thing.

Xorkoth said:
Maybe he's talking about an eighth of dirty schwag?

I cook with dirty scwhag (because its better than smoking it!) and smoke the headies, and I can say that 1/8th of schwag is still waaay too much.

Even the crappiest weakest weed I've ever smoked, 1.5 grams eaten will get you fucked.

On average, 0.7 to 1 gram will set you straight (and by that, I mean straight fucked).

The danger with eating too much is, unlike with smoking, if you go "one toke over the line" you can't just wait 20 minutes for the high to wear off a little. You're stuck VERY high for 4-6 hours or more. If you are prone to any anxiety while smoking pot you need to be careful how much you dump in the butter [butter is the best way to get high off eating weed btw] because eating it can be very intense, and a strong mindfuck.

You just might flip out!

I never seem to get full effects from eating pot, even if I eat a lot. However, once I smoke just one hit of weed, even cheap wead, after eating some pot, I get totally smashed. There seems to be something missing from eating pot, that gets filled in by just one hit smoked. YMMV.

blue)dolphin said:
I cook with dirty scwhag (because its better than smoking it!) and smoke the headies, and I can say that 1/8th of schwag is still waaay too much.

Even the crappiest weakest weed I've ever smoked, 1.5 grams eaten will get you fucked.

On average, 0.7 to 1 gram will set you straight (and by that, I mean straight fucked).

The danger with eating too much is, unlike with smoking, if you go "one toke over the line" you can't just wait 20 minutes for the high to wear off a little. You're stuck VERY high for 4-6 hours or more. If you are prone to any anxiety while smoking pot you need to be careful how much you dump in the butter [butter is the best way to get high off eating weed btw] because eating it can be very intense, and a strong mindfuck.

You just might flip out!

i love schwag for cooking.

i just picked up a half oz (15g's) for $20, you can't beat that for shit. It's actually decent, less than a gram joint and i'm high, and I've been smoking nothign but headies for months.

probably gonna use about 1/4 to cook, and I coudl get fucked up 2,3,4+ times off that when for the price I'd only be able to use a little over a half gram of dank to cook with.

so good.

Sounds like a plan yepyepwoah - for that reasons I'm sometimes sorry that all the weed here costs the same, if you have a shitty hookup you might get leafy wet weed that per gram contains maybe a fifth of the THC of the well potent, dried and manicured weed. But nothing stops you from going over the border to a coffeeshop if your hook is that bad and you can't find better.. Besides the !!!110kilometre!!! drive, that is. Oh and offcourse you're compelled to bring mushrooms, LSA, salvia so the cost goes up again :|
gloggawogga said:
I never seem to get full effects from eating pot, even if I eat a lot. However, once I smoke just one hit of weed, even cheap wead, after eating some pot, I get totally smashed. There seems to be something missing from eating pot, that gets filled in by just one hit smoked. YMMV.
I've noticed that too. Maybe it just helps it kick in faster? I can never wait for it to fully take effect(after 1-2 hours), so I take a hit, then I'm totally incoherent and the high still keeps on building.. It's crazy, in a good way :)

Last edited:
R.M. Shackelford said:
Eating pot can be scary. The first time I did so (which was also about the 4th time I got high) I was absolutely twisted. I only ate like a dime of raw (dirty, crappy) buds on top of a mini pizza. At the peak of it, the entire world was throbbing purple, and I had no idea what was going on. Me and my friend went for a walk (as an excuse to leave my house, because I was panicking) and I kept expecting him to push me into traffic.

Buds on top of a mini pizza?
How do you do that?

I love eating pot, it smashes the shit out of shit. It can get VERY psychedelic and intense. I love eating on it, eating strong tasting stuff is just intense. I wish I didn't gag at the taste now :( can't eat that shit anymore. Should try making proper space cakes

When I used to smoke pot so much that it was more about just smoking then getting high because I was always as stoned as could be, Eating didnt do to much.

Eating a large amount of pot can fuck you up though. I love doing it every now and then but smoking is easier usually. I just find that when I have enough pot and I can eat something that uses a lot of butter I will cook with the weed.

i like eating weed, its easier than smoking, have a cæk with a cup of tea, then thunderbirds are go. :)

sometimes i get an upset stomach, i think its the chlorophyl. on occassion i feel slightly anxious as though i have forgotten something important, haha.

the last time i eat some, i went for a bike ride. i sat spellbound in the sun on a hill in the countryside, it wasn't until i got cramp in my legs i realised i hadn't moved for 30+ mins.

liek a lizard on a rock.