[Done] The Bluelight Survey - We need your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about:

"What would make you decide to stop taking drugs?"

"Do you feel that your drug use has had a positive or negative effect on your life?"

"Do you use drugs that are reported to be physically addictive? Does the addictive nature of these drugs have an impact on your patterns of use (including a decision to never use a drug)?"

Another idea:

"Think back to the last time you used a recreational drug:

Overall, was it a positive or negative experience?

Why?"

And...

"How would your experience of times when you would usually use party drugs change if you did not take those drugs? Ie Would you rave straight and why?"

And...

"How much do you know about the possible neurotoxic effects of the drugs you are using and how much do you care?"

And another:

"Do you introduce people to drugs that they have never tried before? Why or why not?"

What is the objective of this research project? There are so many questions that need to be asked about drug use but they can't all be asked, due to respondent fatigue.

I think the most important things to learn from Bluelight's (and the broader harm reduction community's) perspective are how drug users find out information about drugs, who they see as the most credible sources of information and how they think drug communications could be improved.

Not meaning to be critical but if you make the scope of the survey too broad you're risking the quality of the data.

"Has your drug use ever lead you to crime?"

Perhaps you smoked ome Cannabis and killed your mother with a frying pan?

my Q
1)do you feel a heavy night of drinking is more dangerous in general, than taking one ecstasy tablet?

Comparison of biological and psyochological impact of illicit drugs compared to legal drugs.

Or more to the point do illegal drugs do less or more damage to our minds and bodies then legal drugs?

C'mon people! Quit being lazy stoners and try and do something creative. I'll just go ahead and start off..

Q: has marijuana ever gotten you into trouble (e.g. rehab, jail) because of the current legal system in your country?

A: Yes i have been arrested and put on probation for getting caught with possesion of marijuana.

EDIT: Or wait... are we suppose to answer them... or just make up questions?

Last edited:
No dude, don't answer them! We're MAKING a survey, everyone has to think of questions that could be used on the survey. So everybody try and think of some good questions.

All the suggestions have been great, however, I love this one, which I think everyone would say yes to:

5) If your a regular ecstasy/amphetamines user, do you dislike 'drunk people'? Do you purposely avoid drinking venues?

From my point of view, I think bluelight is a very important source of information. I have never bothered to test a pill myself, however, 95% of pills I have encountered at clubs or through my contacts, I read about on bluelight first. Every time i am going to drop i look at blulight first and see what is out there. I will not take a pill if i dont know anything about it. One of my rolling buddies thinks that all the dealers get on bluelight and promote their own pills and give them a good rating even if they are shit, but I like to think that bluelight is a users community not a sellers community. so my question is:

1. How much do you trust bluelight ratings? 1=not at all, 10=trust the other users to give an accurate account of their mexperiences.

For me, i would answer 7-8, cos most of the time, the bluelight/pillreports agree with my own experiences. The only time they dont agree, I think its generally inexperienced users saying pills are better than they really are, or people that try and rate pills individually after taking them both at the same time

Research Chems: (risque subject i know... but.. we're here to educate).. please ignore any typos im a bit scattered :)

Have you ever tried a research chemical (add erowid link here) ?

If so, please answer:

1. Did you educate yourself as much as possible on the effects of this research chemical(s) ?

2. Were your doses weighed out on scales that weigh at least 0.002g accurate?

3. Do you believe there may be some serious dangers when dosing these drugs?

4. Do you know what Dose/Response Curve means?

5. How often, if more than a couple of times, do you take these sorts of drugs.

Last edited:
Lovely, Lovely, Lovely!!!
Keep 'em coming- just love some of these suggestions! Spread the word!
=D

Here are a few to start with. May come back with more after a bit of a think and after checking they arent already on here.

1. At what age did u first use any drug or alchol or smoke.

2. Prior to your doing each of the above........what was your attitude to them?

3. How did u arrive at the point where u actually used each of the above?? (ie, I always had a negative idea of drugs and would never take them. A friend whom I trusted told me he used them and spent time teaching me the facts...and invited me to try. I did.....

4. What was ur parents attitude to drugs?

5. Did you feel that your parents were truly educated about drugs.

6. Were you able to talk to your parents about your use of drugs?

7. Was there anyone outside of your group of drug users that you could talk to about it?

8. Have u ever used drugs alone?

9. If u have then when was the first time and when was it in relatriuon to the first time u ever took drugs at all.......and how many times have u done that since.

10. Why did u take drugs alone?

11. Why did u try in the first place??

12. as your use continued, did the reasons change and if so how did they eveolve for u?? (ie maybe first time to experiment then next time to enjoy the same feeling and maybe 12 months down track cos I was hooked or whatever)

13 Have u ever stolen in order to get drugs?

14. Have u ever sold drugs in order to try and support ur habit?

15. Over the years, how much money would u think u have spent on drugs?

Is psychedelic drug use a part of your spirituality?
If you are a resident of the united states, do you feel that your right to freedom of religion is violated by the current laws regarding psychedelic drugs?

Re: The Bluelight Survey - We need your input!

johnboy said:

So how can you help? By letting us know what you want to be asked. For example it has always bugged me that no survey ever done here has ever asked"Do you test your pills before you buy them?" or "Have you ever refused to buy a pill because of a test result?". What bugs you? Let us know by posting in this thread.

excellent thread John Boy. i hope you get the feed back you want :)

I cant say ive ever read or taken part in many drug surveys. really the only drug related surveys i have heard of arethose that appear on the nightly news etc etc...and how reliable are those most of the time? :\

but anyways...if i was to take part in a survey of some form or ask questions in reguards to a drug survey it would be these...that i would want included...

1: What is your idea/ what is harm minimisation?

2: If you take substances do you think you could handle yourself if things took a turn for the worse because of what you took?

3: Define the term "Overdose"...

4: What resources are you aware exsist for drug users that need advice or somewhere to turn?

5: Do you use drugs for recreational reasons or to escape certain pressures you are facing?

thats bout all i would ask that i could think of for now. i may add some more later :)

mrephedrine69 said:

3) Do you believe the current penalties for minor amounts of ecstasy (less than 5) are appropriate?

4) Do you believe ecstasy is dangerous?

5) If your a regular ecstasy/amphetamines user, do you dislike 'drunk people'? Do you purposely avoid drinking venues?

Very good questions these

I only have one question.

(Q.1) Do you put time into researching a substance before using that substance?

How many pills of ecstasy would you take on average in a night?
Do you prefer ketamine, speed, mdma, mda or other in your pills?
What are the most common adulterants in pills you have received as ecstasy other than mdma or similar?
1.(ket,speed,pma,RC’s etc.)

Q: Have you ever been on a long term binge of psychedelics that reality and fantasy have become indiscernable?

Q: Have you ever been discriminated against by friends, family, or potential jobs because of drug use?

it has to ask in a way "has your drug use been beneficial to yourself or others?"

cause the last one i saw here was asking "are you depressed? Do you have problems? ...Do you take drugs?"
the way is was presented, the only conclusion possible was to link problems/depression/... and drugs
not once in the survey was it possible to explain something like "yes i'm sad, that's because my dad just died dummy, not because i eat mushrooms"

it was so subjective i wanted to punch the fucking morons who made it for being such biased bastards

many questions also didn't have all options necessary
like "next year will you take more or less drugs than this year?"
and how about the same amount?

it would be good if people could express where they think the drugs induced problems come from
ex : not just "have you seen problems with this drug?"
but "what created the problems and what could prevent them?"
it would allow us to point out that often the problems don't come from the drugs but from the misinformation/prohibition/taboo/...

Status
Not open for further replies.