• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Games: Game Reviews by BL'ers/Gen. Discussion

pity no one wants their consoles so they have to abuse people to give them away ;)

keystroke said:
how good is xmen legends? I've still got a few more files to go downloading it!

It's awesome... I love it, IMO one of the best games I've played in a long time as far as real-time action RPG's are concerned... I've always been a big fanatic of X-Men games since SNES, and to finally put together a great RPG is like a dream come true...

there are 15 different characters you obtain all together which you can switch in and out of during missions and at some points you will HAVE to to use their powers...

completely destructible environments... i mean you can destroy almost everything. tons of enemies fighting you at once, kinda like the old TMNT: Turtles in time food soldier guys... ah the memories! Upgrading system is very easy to use and has a variety of things to upgrade for each character, also you don't have to worry about using each character equally as characters not in use will still gain exp pts.

A lot of missions like i said i've spent 32+ hours and i'm just now on the final mission... there are very few rpg's anymore that make the time they take to beat worth your money and actually fighting a decent amount... as much as I love movie sequences I hated FFX's loads and load of them.

I will critique the downfalls... the graphics as they are cell shaded make the characters look kinda funny at close up range, but from a distance the environments look great. There are also a few glitches with edge control... sometimes you can push your character off the edge and kill them, so be careful (this is a good point to watch when you have to fly characters across a gap).

Overall the game rated an 8+ and i'd give it an 8.5-9

oh yeah, I was going to ask...

Anyone played BloodRayne 2 or maybe the original BloodRayne I've been hearing some good hype towards the game but I have yet to play either... was just thinkin about getting it, any comments would be useful!

I played GTA San Andreas last night... and it's worth every penny, and it's huge, Odds are you'll get lost a lot in this game... :)

I played BloodRayne 1... once you get past the sometimes impressive visuals and 16 year old's wet dream of a main character, you realise it was a pretty weak game in my opinion. Not really that enthusiastic about number 2, but who knows, it could be knock-your-socks-off cool.

Rusty Cage said:
I played GTA San Andreas last night... and it's worth every penny, and it's huge, Odds are you'll get lost a lot in this game... :)

there are a few decent missions relating to drugs aswell....

someone mentioned you have to burn the marijuana crop before the cops arrive and stuff....

also you can go to the hair dresser and get a hair cut to look different, and I think you eat different foods to put on weight and stuff...

^^^ Very Badass game, and I want to try X-men Legends next.:p

I think I'm about to sell my GC on Ebay, hopefully get 250-300 bucks out of everything...

question... should i pay off bills or should i buy an xbox for the upcoming halo 2... side note... i've never played the first halo, but i want an xbox for ninja gaiden too...

Ninja Gaiden is awesome, especially once you download Ninja Gaiden XBLive content......

I'm buying a new Crystal Limited Edition Xbox next week for 298 and comes with two crystal S-type controllers from Toys R Us...

I have a brand new Xecuter3 modchip and LCD screen ready to customise the new crystal box when I get hold of it :D

or you can get a new Limited Edition Halo 2 xbox bundle

forget what you get with it, but thats also 290 dollars....

The only thing I HATE and it absolutely despise about GTA: San Andreas is the darkness in the game and the god awful Camera angles...

Darkness in the game? Adjust your TV. the camera angles aren't bad if you are used to the game. aren't you familiar with vice city and GTA3?

Videogames rock!

I grew up on games like leisure suit larry, kings quest, monkey island, sam and max, dott and all those other great classics :)

Im lookin forward to gettin halo 2, but heard that you could play co-operative online with other players? Can anyone confirm this?

Hope to play san andreas soon too :D

BlazinMarty said:
Videogames rock!

I grew up on games like leisure suit larry, kings quest, monkey island, sam and max, dott and all those other great classics :)

Im lookin forward to gettin halo 2, but heard that you could play co-operative online with other players? Can anyone confirm this?

Hope to play san andreas soon too :D

I grew up on the same games, Halo 2 is playable on XBOX-LIVE.... but if you don't own an original copy just play on XboxCONNECT or KAI.....

I've been playing San Andreas a fair bit the last few days, it's awesome - I got 700meter wheelie on my bike...

I still don't get what all the fuss is with HALO2.

Does it bring anything new to the gaming table? I mean, its an FPS. On a console. Big deal. PCs have had more FPSs than I care to remember. What's special about HALO I or II?
The only worthy outcome I've seen of HALO was Red VS Blue

I think UT2004 is much better. But I guess I'm weird like that, eh?

I don't like any FPS, apart from Wolfenstein 3D and Duke3d....

there's been nothing new added to the genre since these games and there really is nowhere to go with it....

there's a serious lack of decent, new genre games..... that's whats needed to boost interest I think....

i understand its playable online, i was wondering about the ASPECTS of it, I know you can play big death matches and such, but i heard you could play single player mode online with other people too, ala co-operative mode from halo 1, but online i guess? 8)

HALO 2 Online is SWEET!
EVERYONE!..... from ALL corners of the world have good pings.

SMOOTH