• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Games: Game Reviews by BL'ers/Gen. Discussion

keystroke said:
Halo 2 was just released for anyone that owns an Xbox.....

Not legally... Anyone that plays teh hacked version can't use the Xbox Live feature. Also the version that is out, isn't complete. It's a hacked beta.

David said:
Not legally... Anyone that plays teh hacked version can't use the Xbox Live feature. Also the version that is out, isn't complete. It's a hacked beta.

it's a retail french disc, so has no english audio.... but it's still gold....

you can play it on KAI and XBC :)

Halo_2_DVD9_PAL_XBOXDVD-DiFFUSiON

it's got a signed .XBE - plus the game has gone GOLD.... looks full enough to me!

KAI/XBC = same as XBL but you can play backed up games online

keystroke said:
Leisure Suit Larry on XBOX!!!

screens.html

919125_20040803_thumb005.jpg

screens.html

Quality game!!!!!

I just picked it up on PS2 today:)

yeah if anything, the nostalgia for Larry is more than enough to warrant getting the game.

I used to love the originals, so this game wasn't so bad....

you have to play "quarters" flipping coins into a girls drink so she will take her clothes off... pure quality!

So what are anyone's thoughts on the Nintendo DS... being released Nov. 21st?

$149.99... I don't think I would shell out that much for a portable system, but it has some nice specs. I hardly pick up my GBA SP anymore, just when I go on vacation or if they have a game that I absolutely want to play.

So far the line-up for the DS isn't lookin too great, but as soon as Metroid: Hunters comes out I'm sure I'll be up for getting one.

yeah I never play my GBA:SP anymore..... even though I've got the flashcart and stuff none of the games seem to hold my attention long enough....

Pointless story: I just read that Nintendo is trying to sue suicide girls. Crap.

Suicide girls IMO are really just tattoo'd pierced girls that can't get work elsewhere....I find other girls attractive....

(AS I SAID IN MY OPINION LAST TIME I MENTIONED THIS YOU ALL ABUSED ME IN PM....)

Blue_Lava said:
Star Wars Battlefront!

Rented this last week and couldn't put it down. Going to buy it this weekend. I think this game will get me to take the plunge into X-Box Live.

It's a sup'd up version of 2Fort if anyone remembers that game. Basically capture the flag. A few things I really like about it are:

Vehicles and aircraft you can drive and fly
AI Play alongside real players
Third player AI's (Ewoks, Sandmen, Wookies)
Great landscapes and graphics (you can see fish swimming under the water)
Indestructable Jedi Knights
and of course... if you're a star wars fan this is a blast(er)!

I bought that game for ps2... I'm already selling it. It's good for the first oh 30 minutes until you beat it, and the online play is not any different from teh offline play, it's really a pile... and it makes i boring.

/\/\/\/\

Really? I've been playing it non-stop. 2-3 hours a day. I whoop the shit out of the AI. Just waiting to go live and face those pock faced 16 year olds who I'm sure will kick my ass.

I'm not saying it's not a good game, or that it's not fun... but if you have a ps2, the online sucks, The mic. system is fucked, The servers are terrible, and it isn't any different from offline play, it's the same maps/boards that you beat the game through. Not to mention the only gun to use is that blaster rifle, and it's particularly crap. Hands down, I'd just as soon Play in a Socom Respawn room as i would play battlefront. I'm not sayin the mechanics are bad, it's just rushed and gets old... reeeeaaaalllll quick.

fuckin A... finally on the last mission of X-Men Legends after 32 hours... *slams buttons repeditively*

how good is xmen legends? I've still got a few more files to go downloading it!

nickyj said:
Pointless story: I just read that Nintendo is trying to sue suicide girls. Crap.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Nintendo apology to Suicide Girls!

Email sent today to the good people at Suicide Girls:

Hello,

We would like to apologize to you and to those who frequent the suicidegirls.com website for inadvertently contacting you about a fan posting on the website.

We know that many of our fans are old enough to make their own choice about what they want to view on the Internet. We value the support of our fans and we respect their decisions. The letter was sent as part of an ongoing Nintendo program to aggressively protect our younger consumers from the hundreds of sexually-explicit sites each year that use Nintendo properties to attract children. We are proud of our efforts in this area. Unfortunately, the site posting identified in our letter was targeted by mistake.

As a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer you (and RuneLateralus) a free Nintendo video game system and game of your choice. If you would like to take Nintendo of America up on this offer, please contact the Consumer Services Dept. at 1-800-633-3236 and the system and game will be sent to your address as listed in the WHOIS contact information for suicidegirls.com.

In addition, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with contact information for RuneLateralus, or have him contact us directly, so that we may apologize to him. We would be glad to send him a game and system of his choice through you as well, since we do not have his contact information.

Sincerely,
Christie Hamilton
Nintendo of America Inc.
Consumer Service Department

Source

Last edited: