• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

the bachelor's cook book.

.dR spgeddi

Bluelighter
post your favourite dodgy recipe.

my first is

fish finger caserole.

ingredients
20 pack black gold brandless fish fingers.
can of chicken soup (with or without vegies)
small can of corn kernals
handfull of frozen mixed veg
2 handfulls of spirelli pasta
100mls of cream or equal amount of milk and butter
250grams of cheese
salt and pepper

cooking instructions
pre-heat the oven 180 (350)... ish.
place the fish fingers in the bottom of the baking tray
combine all the ingredients (cept cheese) and pour over the fish fingers.
sprinkle grated cheese on top
bake untill the pasta is cooked.

(for an interesting variation try using a can of mushroom soup instead of chicken.)

anyone else?

Orange Chicken Fajitas are the yummiest meal ever, easy as... just put some oil in a pan, add a tablespoon of cumin and cayenne and a teaspoon of chilli powder, heat and stir it for about 2 mins, add 500g chicken and cook it. then get some natural unsweetened yoghurt and put it in a bowl, grate half the rind of an orange into it, and put orange juice into the yoghurt mix to taste. then add the yoghurt mix to the chicken, it'll evaporate and infuse with the chicken. it tastes SOO yummy. have it in a pita bread with cherry tomatoes and lettuce/baby spinach, corn and fetta cheese. i HATE to cook but this takes like 10 mins to make and it's the yummiest thing in the universe.

flavoured ice

every bachelor needs a good supply of flavoured ice cubes.

ingredients
water.
flavoured cordial

equipment
ice-cube tray
freezer

combine the ingredients and pour over the ice cube tray.
place tray in freezer untill frozen.

when frozen place into a tall glass and pour in plenty of vodka.
serves one per glass.

there's a good and easy recipe thread in second opinion, i'll link it when i'm not feeling so lazy.

but my favourite easy thinkg to cook is those flavoured packet pasta's with frozen vegetables and toast.

:)

If you got sausages to cook for hotdogs, dont bother getting the BBQ out or even a pot to boil 'em in water. Nope, just stick 'em in a microwave for a minute or two. Not sure if they are technically cooked but they'll be hot. Certain types sometypes crack/explode so you goto work out how long they can last before they go.

^(hotdog frankfurts)weiners are one of my specialties...
i can do curried weiners, weiners carbonara, weiner in da hole, macaroni n weiners and weiner dip (weiners with sauce).
i do micro the weiners sometimes, so i know what you mean about brand selection. footy dogs by don are the best, if you like them jacket on. but i do like 'em when they do that insidey-outey weiner thingy... makes me think of the poosey.

.dR spgeddi said:
(for an interesting variation try using a can of mushroom soup instead of chicken.)
[/B]

Here's an interesting tid bit, artificial mushroom flavour is the same chemical as artificial chicken flavour.

.dR spgeddi said:
^(hotdog frankfurts)weiners are one of my specialties...
i can do curried weiners, weiners carbonara, weiner in da hole, macaroni n weiners and weiner dip (weiners with sauce).
i do micro the weiners sometimes, so i know what you mean about brand selection. footy dogs by don are the best, if you like them jacket on. but i do like 'em when they do that insidey-outey weiner thingy... makes me think of the poosey.

I wouldn't feel comfortable eating these tinned weiners/frankfruits that is often imported from Europe, one of the popular brands I forgot what it's called and it's imported from Holland.... but I wonder where in Europe the Dutch import the pork meats from to make them...

*shudders* eating european pigs that was raised in overcrowded environment type of farms scares me. 8(

Quick and Easy pasta

Here's a little beauty, takes about 10 mins

you need:

A can of Cannelini beans (they look like white kidney beans)
Bacon
hot and Spicy salami, Hungarian or Spanish
Onion
Angel hair pasta
Sun dried tomato pesto
Chilli flakes

Pretty simple, just cook the pasta until it is al dente.
Cut the bacon and salami into short strips, chuck it into a frying pan with some diced onion, and cook just long enough for the fats and oils to melt out of the bacon and salami. Pour the oil off, and add the cannelini beans, (you can microwave them first to speed things up) cook on low heat for a few minutes. The beans are cooked when they are light and fluffy. Drain the pasta and stir the pesto and chilli flakes thru it, add the bacon, onion, salami and bean mix and top with shaved parmesan.

It looks like something straight out of a swanky restaurant.

Also I advise any bachelor to get themselves a George Foreman grill, you'll wonder what you ever did without one.

1 Pack of chicken flavoured 2 minute noodles
2 tablespoons peanut-butter

Cook noodles as per normal, add peanut butter arfterwards, it tastes great...

Vegetable Pasta

250g pasta.
2 x vegetable stock cubes.

Cook pasta and drain, crumble stock cubes through pasta and serve.

For an interesting variation try chicken or beef!

LOL.... some of you people are *way* too advanced for Bachelor Cooking 101. My boyfriend whips up a mean microwaved Dim Sim and the occasional toasted cheese sandwich when I'm not cooking. I think the most gourmet he's gotten is cooking sausages, egg, baked beans and tomato all at once, smothered (of course) in tomato sauce.. :D

who's a cheese junkie?

cook rice, put rice on plate, put on anything you want (ranging from pork, beef, chicken, salami slices, bacon, tuna, mushrooms, carrots, peas) cut into small pieces and sprinkle evenly on the plate. grab a 'chicken tonight cream saurce' and spread the saurce all around, covering up all the ingredients.

Then grab some grated cheese and sprinkle that on top of it, place in oven at 200 degrees. take it out when the cheese on top is crisp and eat away!

Its more of a 'pizza' than anything, except with a rice base!

if i am really lazy, i put pasta in pot to boil until al dente.

at the same time, take can of baked beans, add some cheese (even slices will do), some meat (spam, sliced ham, sausages cut up), microwave for 2 minutes, stir, microwave for another minute.

by this time, the pasta should be ready (10-12 min). drain pasta. either pour the baked beans mix over the pasta whilst pasta still in pot, or for less cleaning, just remove pasta and pour the baked beans mix over it.

alternatively, instead of baked beans use cans of mushroom or tomato or etc soup, add milk. same process as above.

if i am really really lazy, substitute 2 minute noodles for pasta in above combinations.

prepare, cook and clean in under 15 minutes is always my aim.

otherwise the girlies get distracted.

Here's a healthy (and easy) recipe:

The lazy person's stirfry...

Precut chicken strips (or pork, steak, lamb etc etc)
Packet of frozen stiryfry vegies
Bottle of oyster sauce

Put a bit of oil in fry pan (as I realise true batchelors will not have a wok), cook meat. While this is happening, microwave vegies, then add them to fry pan. Add sauce and mix for a minute.

Ta da!

Takes about 10 minutes.

Pizza Pockets

1) Purchase packet of pizza pockets from supermarket
2) Remove from wrapper
3) Place in microwave and cook on high for 1.5 minutes
4) Remove from microwave
5) Eat!

The best type of bachelor cooking is the type that results in zero dishes.

Another good one is those nacho kits. If you're smart enough to use paper plates then you can just throw everything out when you're done. :)

Re: flavoured ice

.dR spgeddi said:
every bachelor needs a good supply of flavoured ice cubes.

ingredients
water.
flavoured cordial

equipment
ice-cube tray
freezer

combine the ingredients and pour over the ice cube tray.
place tray in freezer untill frozen.

when frozen place into a tall glass and pour in plenty of vodka.
serves one per glass.

Nope, I fucked it up. I think I burnt them

And as for dodgy recipes, I don't have any. But here's a tip, if you're making scrambled eggs or quiche, instead of adding salt, add a little soy sauce. It gives it a nice colour and adds a whole new dimension of taste to eggs.

breakfast in a hurry.

microwave egg mcmuffin with cheese.

ingredients
1 muffin
1 egg
1 slic o cheese
butter and salt

prep
crack egg into a coffee cup and place a saucer over the top. microwave the egg in cup for 30-40 seconds (experiament with this till you know how you like your egg). toast the muffin, butter it and add the cheese slice. now get the egg in mug, run a knife around the edge of the egg and it will then slide out neatly onto the muffin... voila tasty egg n cheese mcmuffin.

(the peanut noodle dish is another of my favs too... i call it nutty spgeddi)

step 1: buy cafe style sandwich press
step 2: make a sandwich with your favourite ingredients
step 3: put it in the sandwich press
step 4: take out after 2-3 mins
step 5: consume, and marvel at how good toasted sandwiches really are
step 6: hop on bluelight and thank eze451 for letting you know that all u TRULY need in life is a sandwich press