View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried this gorgeous substance yesterday @12mg. I was VERY impressed. But, I did note that of all the 4-substituted tryptamines I have tried...this one was (for me) identical to psilocybin in every way. The body feeling, the visuals, the mental effects, everything. Am I alone here, or did others notice these similarities? Others have said 4-AcO-DET and 4-Ho-DET were like psilocybin, but I noted many differences. But with this one...I am hard-pressed to find anything different. Anyone else able to make a comment?

^^^

I found plenty of similarities, but there were definitely differences as well. I don't have time to really get into it right now, but I will probably venture into the differences from my point of view soon.

MGS,

Glad to hear you gave this one a taste and liked it. It really is something else, isn't it? Definitely my favorite of all the 4-position typtamines so far. It's extremely versatile and has a very nice feel to it.

It's probably been almost 15 years since I've had any type of fungus, so I'm not the best person to make comparisons 4-HO-MiPT with psilocybin. However, from what I recall about my shroom trips, it has many similarities. I would have to agree with you that I find it much more similar to psilocybin than 4-HO-DET or 4-AcO-DET.

Since it has been so long since I've had shrooms, it would be easier for me to note what I find different between the two.

I've only had the opportunity to taste 4-HO-MiPT three times so far by itself and once in a combo with DPT. All of my solo expereiences were at 20mg or above, so I can't comment on lower doses yet and it's also hard to judge the character of a compound with only three experiences. I feel it takes a while to really get to know a compound well.

However, the main difference I see between 4-HO-MiPT and psilocybin is that shrooms can tend to have a dark or grim feeling to them for me. Not all the time, but I have had a very fair share (more than 50 percent) of my shroom trips dominated by this feeling to a point where it was somewhat uncomfortable. 4-HO-MiPT still has similar mental effects to psilocybin and can be very mentally challenging as well as you start to increase the doses. However, I haven't ever gotten the dark feeling from 4-HO-MiPT that I notice with shrooms. So from that perspective, I find 4-HO-MiPT nicer and more positive than psilocybin.

So 4-HO-MIPT is very deep and can be mentally challenging, but I've yet to feel anything dark that I find is an inherent characteristic of the compound. 4-HO-DET and 4-AcO-DET however do share this dark component of psilocybin in my opinion.

Another difference that I find personally is I feel that 4-HO-MiPT is much smoother coming up and wearing off than psilocybin. While 4-HO-MiPT can build rapidly, it has a very smooth climb up and also on the way down. So smooth, that I often have a bit of a problem telling when I've peaked or when I'm starting to come down. In my expereince with shrooms, they are not nearly as smooth and seem to project more distinct waves or levels as the trip builds and declines. Perhaps it's just me?

Definitely a wonderful and well-rounded tryptamine overall. I hope this one stores well, because I'm stocking up on it. =D I figure even most of these 'fragile' tryptamines probably have pretty good stability in the freezer, packed in desicant and protected from light. I'm hoping that it will store well for a few years at least.

One characteristic that I find strange about this compound is that there may be an inconsistant visual nature of the trip. I have a friend that tasted it at 20mg (expereinces but first time with this compound) and while mentally it was intense and rewarding, he felt that it lacked in visuals. I can't speak for General Anesthetic, but in one of his posts above, he kind of sounds the same? So that's two people who didn't find the compound visual. Personally, I find it VERY visual. At 26mg the CEVs were so intense it was almost as if I could see through my eyelids. Visuals are also really good at 20mg. So I'm wondering if this is an inconsistant property of the compound and if so, do certain people just not get good visuals from it, or will it be visually inconsistant for all people?

Anyway, I've babbled enough for now. ;)

Take care

-gp

Last edited:
At 16mg 4-ho-mipt, if anything, reminded me a little bit more of 5-meo-dmt than it did shrooms. It was very much lacking is visual and hallucinogenic qualities, and very deep and intense. And overall it seemed a bit darker for me than shrooms. I was actually caught a little bit off guard on that trip not having expected so much intensity. After that trip I revisited it at 8 and 10mg. Those two trips reminded me a little bit more of shrooms, but still lacked the visual and hallucinogenic qualities of shrooms.

I actually think I might prefer 4-aco-mipt a little bit more. Even at 10mg I find it has much more well pronounced visual and hallucinogenic qualities than the 16mg of 4-ho-mipt. Doses well over 20mg are needed for it to start getting mentally intense though, but at that point the visuals are far more developed, and there seems to be more channels opened for things like spirit contact.

It's very strange that the AcO version would have more of a visual effect than the HO version, though this does make sense, as a couple of my friends have noted a significant visual trip from the AcO, but one friend that tried the HO did seem to speak of the visuals much, though he said he was definitely seeing them. I will be trying 16-20mgs of the AcO version within the week, so I will probably have a comment on it. I'll have to say also that when me and my girlfriend tried 12mgs of the HO, a friend of mine tried 16mgs of the AcO, and we appeared to be not only on the same chemical, but also having the same intensity of trip.

It was very much lacking is visual and hallucinogenic qualities, and very deep and intense.

So I guess the only thing we can say conclusively regarding 4-HO-MiPT and it's visual effects is that the results are extremely inconclusive. :)

It's a bit strange that some people report lots of visual activity with this stuff while others see hardly any, but I assume that probably has something to do with variances in individual body chemistry. I didn't mind the lack of visuals, to be perfectly honest. To me, visual effects while on psychedelics are like the icing on the top of a cake- really cool when you get the opportunity to enjoy that aspect (the eye-candy effect), but not vital to the psychedelic experience whatsoever. I'm far, far more interested in the mental and emotional aspects and effects of a psychedelic, what it makes me think, feel, and hopefully learn as opposed to what it makes me see.

The common theme that virtually *everyone* seems to report on 4-HO-MiPT is the mental intensity of the experience. I cannot emphasize enough how intense this was for me in that regard, nearly overwhelmingly emotional at times, and I did have two or three days afterwards where I felt pretty strongly depressed as I tried to integrate it all. I haven't ingested any since my first experience with it, and probably won't for the foreseeable future simply because of the level of that intensity. I feel it's a very special psychedelic to be used very sparingly (maybe once or twice a year), and obviously and always one to be used with great respect and care.

It's a bit strange that some people report lots of visual activity with this stuff while others see hardly any,

Are the people who are reporting lots of visual activity with 4-ho-mipt saying it had as much visual activity as 4-aco-mipt? I mean I can't say it was completely lacking of visual activity, its just that the visual activity wasn't anywhere near that of 4-aco-mipt nor did the visuals tend to grab my attention like they did on 4-aco-mipt.

To me, visual effects while on psychedelics are like the icing on the top of a cake- really cool when you get the opportunity to enjoy that aspect (the eye-candy effect), but not vital to the psychedelic experience whatsoever. I'm far, far more interested in the mental and emotional aspects and effects of a psychedelic, what it makes me think, feel, and hopefully learn as opposed to what it makes me see.

Well for me the hallucinitory effects are not completely detached from emotional effects, especially at intensity levels where the hallucinitory effects begin to completely absorb my attention. If I can compare dmt to 5-meo-dmt for example, 5-meo-dmt sucks me into a void, overwhelming me with sensory deprivation. OTOH dmt immersed me into a total dreamscape, overwhelming me with sensory overload. While I'd say the former is more intense (or mayby just intenstity its self), I seem to be able to draw alot more from the latter.

I mean I can't say it was completely lacking of visual activity

Yeah, to be accurate I can't say it was completely lacking in visuals either, but rather it was comparatively lacking. Everything I looked at seemed to have a harder, very sharply defined edge and depth to it, and for example when looking at words on a computer screen it seemed like the first word in the sentence would be standing right before my eyes, then each succeeding word would lie a little bit behind. Three dimensional effect I suppose, but even that doesn't describe it correctly. :\

In any event, the visual effects were far, far, FAR secondary to the psychedelic thoughts, insights, and emotions taking place inside my head. I mean it really wasn't even close. I can't say it was a fun experience, in fact it got downright difficult at times and I wished it would just end, but I can say without reservation it was possibly the most valuable psychedelic experience I've ever had, one with true insights into self. In my experience, that's a rare beast indeed.

its just that the visual activity wasn't anywhere near that of 4-aco-mipt nor did the visuals tend to grab my attention like they did on 4-aco-mipt.

Yep, my experience as well. The visuals I got from 4-AcO-MiPT were frankly gorgeous, just beautiful. I like to think of 4-AcO as 'Yellow'. :)

The visuals on the 4-HO are very internse for me, but they are different than the 4-AcO. It's hard to explain, but with the 4-HO, there is very little breathing and flowing. Instead, EVERYTHING has auras of color around it. Almost like it electric. The color auras regularly shift which appears to cause a little movement. So when I look at something without focusing too much, it looks really 3D. But when I look closely I can see the color auras.

Where the visuals REALLY shine with the 4-HO are CEVs. If you close your eyes you will see all the color auras. This is actually one compound I enjoy more with my eyes closed. The visuals are so intense with my eyes closed, that it almost feel like I'm looking right through my eyelids at times.

The 4-HO is very visual, it's just different. Hard to explain....

I am comng down from a 20mg expereience right now and damn this one has got to be one of the most profound and amazing expereinces of my life so far. It's going to take a while to integrate this one. Closed my eyes and did a whippet and completely lost myself in the CEVs. I was actually a part of everything I was seeing. I have never gotten CEVs like this from anything else. The color auras actually make things appear or an object start to form out of them. Completely amazing. =D

Gday guys ive got a question and im new to RCs so please excuse my idiocy. I am ordering 500mg of 4-HO-MIPT and as i have no scale i was wondering how i can regulate my dose? Can i dissolve it into like 500 or 250ml of water and dose assuming 1ml=1mg or 1ml=2mg respectively, keeping it stored in a sealed container? Also is this a good chemical to be initiated into the world of trippin with (obviously starting low at about 10mg before working up)? I have tried dxm numerous times in the 500-600mg range but never been trippin on anything else. Where i live there is no acid and mushies are very hard to come by. Cheers ;)

You can do a liquid measurement as you suggest but you need some way of verifying that it is in fact 500mg that you receive. Suppliers never measure it exactly and you can never be sure what you're starting with. So you at least need a scale that can read 500mg fairly accurately.

Only you can decide, based on reading trip reports, if it sounds like the best chemical for you to start out with. I have read it can be very intense and is very dosage-sensitive, so I would be careful if I were you. Good luck, be safe!

ABlokeFromOz said:
Gday guys ive got a question and im new to RCs so please excuse my idiocy. I am ordering 500mg of 4-HO-MIPT and as i have no scale i was wondering how i can regulate my dose?

Buy a scale! Eyeballing does not work, at least if you want any chance of actually ingesting a known amount. The liquid method only works when you have a scale to weigh the batch in the begining. I know first hand that companies will ship more or less than you order. And with 4-Ho-MiPT, every single milligram makes a huge difference. Buy a scale!

Just wanted to add, i found that instead of putting my dose in a capsule, I tried putting it into some warm water (little bit), and mixing it up til it was dissolved, then fill the rest of the glass up with OJ.

I figured maybe it would be similar to shroom tea, sip some, wait, sip more, etc.

Well since I had only put 12-14mg in there, I said what the hell, and just drank the large glass of juice down. Whoa! Instead of 40-50-60 min wait for effects, the time was reduced to 10-15.. I'd say no more than 10 minutes after i slammed it down, i rose quickly up to a very high ++ maybe low +++. The whole duration of the trip seemed normal, or even longer than usual which i wasn't expecting.

I would assume then, that some miprocin mixed into a "tea" with some flavour to cover up any taste (couldn't taste it in the OJ) would work much like mushroom tea. Guess some day i'll have to try it. :)

4-ho-mipt

i was just wondering if anyone new how dangerous these were? Any long term affect?

No, nobody does know how dangerous it may be. Hence the "research chemical" part. There have been no long-term studies on this chemical, and considering few people have used it there is no anecodotal evidence either.

Re: Meanwhile, back at the farm ....

I've experimented with quite a few of the synthetic tryptamines and 4-HO-MiPT has got to be my favorite, hands down. It is simply a fantastic psychedelic.

I took a little while off, but last weekend had my fourth or fifth experience with this chemical at 22mg (starting to bump up the dose again) and I simply can't put it into words. Incredible! =D

This specific dose had been weighed out about two months ago and sitting at room temp in a capsule since then (it was dark, but not airtight). There was no noticable degredation of the compound. So in other words, I feel pretty confident that this compound will store well for the long-term, when vacumn packed in a freezer.

Very steep dose/response curve though. 26mg was almost too intense for me when I first tried that dose and I was in no hurry to repeat that level. After a few more expereinces at the 20mg level, I'm starting to bump up in 2mg increments again. I think next time will be 24mg. I'm not recommending doses for others, just stating where my current research levels are. These doses will be too high for many and not enough for others.

Personally, I'm in love with this compound. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I flushed my stash. About a 3/4 gram. It really started to affect my kidneys it seemed. I mean....they just HURT.

could be renal toxic possibly.

Re: Re: Meanwhile, back at the farm ....

georgiapoppy said:

Very steep dose/response curve though. 26mg was almost too intense for me when I first tried that dose and I was in no hurry to repeat that level. After a few more expereinces at the 20mg level, I'm starting to bump up in 2mg increments again. I think next time will be 24mg. I'm not recommending doses for others, just stating where my current research levels are. These doses will be too high for many and not enough for others.

Personally, I'm in love with this compound. ;)

"26mg was almost too intense for me"

What Do you mean?
To many visuals or on the verge of ego loss?

Re: Re: Re: Meanwhile, back at the farm ....

justlearning said:
"26mg was almost too intense for me"

What Do you mean?
To many visuals or on the verge of ego loss?

It wasn't too intense visually. It was extremely intense from a mental perspective and was very challenging to keep a grip on myself and my thoughts. I wasn't at the point of expereincing ego loss, or anything, it was just like there was something making me really edgy and I was teetering right on the verge of losing a grip. I think listening to music (well chosen for mood) occupied my mind some and really helped me deal with the difficulty. During the peak, I couldn't have imagined just having to listen to silence. I think it would have made me freak.

Does that make sense? I would consider myself very experienced when it comes to pshychdelics, but this shit does not screw around when you start pushing the doses up. The mental difficulty and character of the trip changes very drastically with just a small increase in dose once you get to a certain point and it can make it very mentally challenging.

I really enjoy this compound though and the mental challenge and depth of the experience is what makes it so nice to me. As far as visuals go, this compound does have a good visual character to it, but the closed eye visuals are much more incredible than open eye. Visually, I can enjoy myself even more on this compound with my eyes closed. I see so much with my eyes closed, sometimes it's hard to tell they are closed. It's almost like I'm looking right through my eyelids.

Take care

-gp

Status
Not open for further replies.