View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "peak" lasted about 4 hours, but I slowly came down to sobriety after the 10th hour. During the latter stage was just the usual breathing, waving effect and euphoria I got before (@ 20 mg). So, my question is: is it actually safe to take such a high dose? I feel like it is after that experience, but I'm wondering if it can physically harm the body or not even though I feel totally fine. No hangover, blues, body ache or anything and I actually feel more upbeat and productive. I want to experience this level again at a different time and setting, but not if it's dangerous.
Good job riding that out. 150mg's is a complete waste of material though. Set and setting and you probably wouldn't need more then 50mg's.

Good job riding that out. 150mg's is a complete waste of material though. Set and setting and you probably wouldn't need more then 50mg's.

Hah, thanks. I've rode out bad acid trips before, and those were a bit worse for me because they seem dark in nature. I'm not much of a fan of lsd, but I really liked amt and 2cp. And now miprocin.
I'll take that 50mg advice, I have a good amount but I don't like to waste.

Also, 25i isn't 2C-I, it's 25i-NBOMe.

Oh okay. I appreciate the correction, esp since I suck at chemistry.

Hey everyone, I've been reading this forum for months but joined to post a short report of my first trip last night in this thread. The only other drugs I have experience with are weed, oxycodone, alcohol, tobacco, and various benzos. A few days ago I ordered 250mg of 4-HO-MiPT from a well known vendor, and it arrived here yesterday. Here's a rough timeline of my experience:

9:15 PM- My mg scale has not arrived yet, so I decide to take the risk and eyeball a dose. I get a small, pinhead sized pile on the tip of my knife, I roll up a bill, and I snort it. There is next to no burn, and while the drip is quite bitter, it's not too bad and it's easily covered up by drinking something sweet.

9:50 PM- I'm feeling nothing really, aside from maybe placebo.

10:04 PM- My heart rate is starting to greatly increase, but nothing else yet.

At this point, I'll skip some pointless stuff and shorten it. From 10:10 to around 10:45 PM, I snorted 3 more small pinhead piles, and STILL felt next to nothing aside from a very rapid heartbeat and sweating.

10:45 PM- I realize that something is up with the snorting, and decide to try some orally instead. I take 3 pinhead piles with my knife, and put them in a piece of tissue paper to parachute them. It goes down quite easily. I then take 2 more pinhead amounts and drop them under my tongue for another ROA just to be sure.

12:00 AM- This is when it finally starts to kick in. No idea why it took so long, but I feel it deep inside me and it's obvious it's getting stronger. The letters on my screen take on a really trippy 3D aspect, everything in my vision looks extremely sharp and clear, like everything is 1080p HD. I feel a slow, rising euphoria in every inch of my body, but especially my arms and legs.

12:30 AM- At this point, I am very much on a +3 on Shulgin's scale. I would say this was my peak. I have this really trippy, rapid flash superimposed on my peripheral vision, it doesn't bother me or anything, but this stays for most of the trip. If I lay back and stare at the ceiling, it starts to get patterns and morph and twist in on itself. The same thing happens to the walls, and it looks like the ceiling and walls are slowly closing in on me. This doesn't bother me at all, because I still very much realize it's just the drug. I decide to close my eyes, and I am greeted by the most clear, powerful CEVs I have ever seen. I was seeing bizarre yin/yang looking symbols, and dark red swirling fractals. I open my eyes back up shortly because the euphoria and OEVs were so cool. I look at the surface of my desk, and it looks as if it's breathing just like I am, at the same pace of my breath. The whorls in the wood turn into 2 tiny microscopic armies/groups, and charge at each other.

1:15 AM- The peak is still cruising along smoothly, but I think it stopped getting stronger. The feeling throughout my whole body feels like that calm euphoria immediately after you orgasm, and (apologies if anyone is offended by this part) when I reach down below to jerk it, the feeling of contact is fucking amazing. When I climax, it's harder and stronger than any I've ever had in my life before. It lasts for what feels like an eternity, as if the stuff is pouring forth from something deep and ancient inside me.

1:45 AM- By this point, I am certain I am on the comedown. I suspect this is because somehow, the insufflation did little to nothing, and the dose I ingested orally was probably only around 10-12mg.

2:30 AM- I go to sleep, and even though I feel like I'm at baseline right now, I'm still getting visuals when I look at my ceiling, and my mind is still racing a million miles per hour. I wish I had weed to smoke to help get to sleep. I stick through it, and finally after 45 minutes I fall into a deep sleep.

Conclusions- Overall, this was probably my best drug experience so far in my relatively young life (age 21). I never felt anything scary or negative from it, and it was a purely positive experience. I have an mg scale coming in the mail soon, when it arrives I'm going to attempt a 20mg dose. I'll be sure to post a trip report here.

Nice! You should post this in Trip Reports too. Welcome to being a non-lurker at Bluelight. :)

I've decided I really want to try 4-HO-MiPT, maybe my next tryptamine.

I've put a little into a 2 mg DOC trip, very pretty. And I know that you, xorkoth, peg DOC as your DOC. Lots of fun. Also have combod this with 4-aco-met. Very visual. I, oddly enough, feel like I can't pee enough or to get relief satisfactorilly. My 2c.

Yeah I agree, miprocin is quite a lil gem... If your fond of 4-subs you should like miprocin xork.

I, oddly enough, feel like I can't pee enough or to get relief satisfactorilly

I get this effect on alot of psychedelics, typically not to the point I can't pee unless were talking releasers as well, but definitely some retention and sometimes unsatisfactory urination. I hope this doesn't hint at any kidney troubles.

The worst offender for me by far is 4-ho-met, this effect is almost a guarantee with this drug. One time I combined metocin with aMT and developed sharp back pains, followed by periods of extreme urination and urinary retention. I also wasn't sweating despite being hot, which not only is kinda rare for me while on aMT but can also be indicative of kidney problems. It was very worrying, I would be interested in what's causing these problems and if my psychedelic use is running a toll on my poor kidneys.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree, miprocin is quite a lil gem... If your fond of 4-subs you should like miprocin xork.

I get this effect on alot of psychedelics, typically not to the point I can't pee unless were talking releasers as well, but definitely some retention and sometimes unsatisfactory urination. I hope this doesn't hint at any kidney troubles.

The worst offender for me by far is 4-ho-met, this effect is almost a guarantee with this drug. One time I combined metocin with aMT and developed sharp back pains, followed by periods of extreme urination and urinary retention. I also wasn't sweating despite being hot, which not only is kinda rare for me while on aMT but can also be indicative of kidney problems. It was very worrying, I would be interested in what's causing these problems and if my psychedelic use is running a toll on my poor kidneys.

I really can relate. Lately, I had a lot of body load, and this effect on trips: 1.) 2c-b + 4-aco-dmt, 2)4-ho-mipt. Cannot urinate well, back pains lasting for a day or two.
If this repeats, I think I will really stick to LSD only, never had bad vibe from it. Also, pure phens give me body load, but not inability to pee.

I really can relate. Lately, I had a lot of body load, and this effect on trips: 1.) 2c-b + 4-aco-dmt, 2)4-ho-mipt. Cannot urinate well, back pains lasting for a day or two.
If this repeats, I think I will really stick to LSD only, never had bad vibe from it. Also, pure phens give me body load, but not inability to pee.

first time i took amt i was finding it very difficult to urinate, much like i found it on dxm (this however was the absolute worst I've ever experienced) - however I'm not too sure if it was due to the fact that i was simply getting distracted from the process (on aMT). 4-ho-mipt didn't seem to induce it too badly, just took a little while to get started. I'm not sure if its the bladders or kidneys getting involved here. aMT also seems to make me feel the urge to urinate but i know i don't need to. bizarre. wonder whats going on there.

AMT has never given me particular trouble urinating, maybe a bit sometimes. Classic serotonin releasers and also strong stimulants, however, produce this effect very dramatically on me. Sometimes it's VERY difficult to pee. I have never gotten anything remotely like that on 4-sub-tryptamines though. I've never had any alarming physical symptoms or pains on any of them, nor leg tremors. Of course I've only tried 5 of them, and not 4-HO-MiPT yet.

the 4-subs didn't induce "tremors" as such - but 4-ho-met did induce some kind of shaking in awe at what was going on at some points. never had any alarming symptoms on the 4-sub series though at all. just the mental disbelief and childlike state i entered was alarming on the MET and I've seen a person become quite violent on MIPT before too. though we had mixed it with AL-LAD so not sure.

Also some people react to psychedelics in a psychotic way. It seems the classic "snapped" bad trip involves a few common symptoms, where people do some combination of the following: take their clothes off, attack people, get really sexually inappropriate.

interesting to note, wonder why it happens - i've become psychotic from mostly dopamine drugs and z-benzos (ethylphen and zopilcole) and overdoing the alcohol once mixed with tramadol.

what mechanism do you think is involved in these types of reactions? its not underlying because everyone snaps out of it within a day or so from experience... some may suffer from it permanently however.

also a question - whats the noted difference between the 5-meo-mipt and the 4-ho-mipt if anyone has experience with them both? just about to place an order for them both.

I think it is maybe not underlying but due to mental state. It's never happened to me, not even close, and I've tripped many hundreds of times and abused psychedelics quite extremely for a couple of years. I think it happens to people who have traumatic pasts a lot, and that comes out on a trip. Maybe it's some underlying mechanism, one which can be set through genetics or trauma. These are just speculations though.

I think it is maybe not underlying but due to mental state. It's never happened to me, not even close, and I've tripped many hundreds of times and abused psychedelics quite extremely for a couple of years. I think it happens to people who have traumatic pasts a lot, and that comes out on a trip. Maybe it's some underlying mechanism, one which can be set through genetics or trauma. These are just speculations though.

sounds very plausible. i think those that have experienced traumatic experiences are more prone to it - once the trauma is however resolved through therapy i have found that i am no longer susceptible to these kind of responses from drugs (violent type psychotic behaviour) and wouldn't harm others in any state - though during brief benzo withdrawal was a danger to myself as i ended up cutting my wrists for no apparent reason (different mental characterisation though)

I've never had any sort of psychotic reaction from psychedelics either and I would also say I've been around the block a few times as well. I will say though that I think mania can also a big factor, maybe not the sole cause but definately a seeming factor as well, and of course blackouts. Blackouts seem to be common to some extent amongst some of these episodes as well.

I got a real glimpse of hyper-mania on my last AL-LAD trip, though I obviously shouldn't have been tripping at all in the first place. I was tripping in minor etizolam withdrawl, during one of my best "windows" as they call them in the benzo world and since my brain was in a fragile state that 150mcs of AL-LAD induced very manic behavior, and at times I was pacing around on auto-pilot not even thinking about the external world whatsoever.

This has happened before with regular trips, but reality just felt increasingly more blurred this time, obviously given the situation. It seemed to me that if mania levels were to continue to rise, and the blur between reality and judgement were to also rise, that I would be in for a hairy sitiuation, perhaps psychotic behavior. Obviously this isn't your average circumstance and taking psychedelics during benzo withdrawal is a sure fire way for some weird behavior, but it was the closest I would say that I've got to tipping the glass, therefor it's all i've got to go on. I mean I'm quite familiar with amphetamine psychosis, but it's a different playing field when it comes to psychedelic induced psychosis it seems. Manic people are known for weird, impulsive behavior after all.. and what's more weird and impulsive than running around the streets butt naked ;)

whats the nosted difference between the 5-meo-mipt and the 4-ho-mipt if anyone has experience with them both? just about to place an order for them both.

These are very hard to compare, they're quite different. 4-ho-mipt is like your standard 4-subs, they're all similar in some ways... but also just as different. 4-ho-mipt is, IME, quite a bit more stimulating than 4-aco-dmt, less visual than 4-ho-met, but can be nearly as giddy as mushrooms can be. It can induce a mental stimulation that gives it potential for introspection, which is what I think 4-subs do best, but also friendly as long as you don't cross the line. More forgiving that shrooms by a long shot I would say. Physically it can be a bit "jittery" I guess, but not "shaky" or accompanied by some tremors like 4-ho-det gives me, really jagged stuff that ethocin.

5-meo-mipt on the other hand has always had a rather positive push. I'm sure people have gotten bit by it, but I haven't, nor have I felt very close. Moxy has a bodyload, it can get pretty stimmy and nauseating at high doses creating a sort of "ceiling" regarding how high you can take it, but this stuff is IMO not for pushing the limits anyways. It has a nice euphoria, I find in a way similar to shrooms. It's not overly visual or anything, but for me they're definately present and also follow the whole earthy 4-subbed theme. Idk, this one's kind of an oddball... you gotta try it for yourself to get the picture.

This stuff is more suited for functional activities such as going to a show or a nature hike. It compliments other substances very well I might add, especially when vaped during the peak of the inital substance, but vaping also means using 2x as much material due to the lowered vape BA.

Last edited:
I agree with 5-MeO-MiPT being best suited for functional activities. I like it at 6-8mg, it provides a nice stimulation and euphoria, with introspection, extreme clarity of vision and color saturation (I've never had actual visuals off it, just augmented vision, feels like I can see much more clearly), and a great body feeling (though the comeup can be sketchy feeling). I have no desire to try to take it to fully psychedelic levels, it feels like that's not what it's for. I use it periodically for a day boost, or when I have been stuck in a depression or anxiety rut, because it does wonders at breaking through those energy knots and clearing things up. A very therapeutic substance. Sparkly and warm.

thanks for the feedback guys! really looking forward to both of these ones. i got the feeling that meo-dipt was also quite a functional psych, was really suited for the outdoors and just general jounreys but unfortunately we were also on a fair dose of al-lad so the combo got a bit hectic.

Status
Not open for further replies.