Punk Fuckin Rock

This might be considered "post-punk" to some but it kicks ass so here it goes...
[video=youtube_share;zCkNu9OxThc]http://youtu.be/zCkNu9OxThc[/video]

i think punk is anything you want it to be :)

(including this 37 minute jam with extended guitar solos)

Christian Death is considered punk somewhat but sounds post punk, however it's good. Social distortion is supposedly "cowpunk" I figure because of the Gibson guitar. Suicidal Tendencies are hard core punk and have the most punk attitude than all 3 to me. Right. Anything you want it to be. I like that

Sound quality isn't great but I really like this live version.

[video=youtube_share;5ipGhzrIi3s]http://youtu.be/5ipGhzrIi3s[/video]

This a very underrated hardcore punk band from the 80's/late 90's. I ended up buying Spread Your Filth - The Bourbon Years, now I lack only the other album.

Song lyrics very a propos still to this day. It's almost creepy what these guys in the 80's saw that now is only talked about a bit if at all but the global consciousness is getting to know by itself.

But to me, countercultures that are perceived to be diametrically opposed to one another (punks and hippies, for instance) have a shitload more in common than either bunch would want to admit.
I have a strange tendency to be acccused of being a punk (among hippiess) and a hippie (by some punks).
It's silly, but funny.
I just like energy and good music. es, no tribalistic stereotypes. I just wanna dance to good music in good company....preferably in a snappy outfit, on good drugs :)

Sweet energy. Yep.
I always loved its ethics-in-your-face energy.=D Like Jehovah Witnesses; but no bullshit, common sense, angry and louder. ;)

Not considered punk but nevertheless...

Preachers that challenge ones headspace yet afford one the emotional space/freedom to agree/disagree and make their own mind up - thats punk imho.

Last edited:
I like the Dead Boys too.
I really love the original recording of "ain't it fun", by Rocket From the Tombs.

I love Pere Ubu as well, another band that formed out of members from Rocket From the Tombs (like the Dead Boys)

I love Lydia Lunch.
This is probably considered No-Wave, or post-punk to some people.

But imho those are just different subgenres of punk rock.

[video=youtube_share;qHCEH1izAjE]http://youtu.be/qHCEH1izAjE[/video]

I've been lurking too long...
[video=youtube_share;gEVi0IxC0yM]http://youtu.be/gEVi0IxC0yM[/video]

I just bought the album. I see something in there that you likely wanted me to see when I linked to the Good Riddance song and the comments I made. Yeah, I see it. Great album too.

One of my first exposures to punk was a Pearl Jam cover of sonic reducer

[video]https://youtu.be/roIZ8Doq95c[/video]

Adrenalin O.D. that song wakes my ass up when I can't get started to this day. 1984 NJ Hardcore Punk that doesn't take itself seriously. Instrumental track to their fucking amazing first LP. There's a song on this album that is VERY popular for some reason, it's really good yeah, but unlike this and other A.O.D songs which have 2k listens, "Rock 'n Roll Gas Station" has 84k, it must have been in some movie or video game.

It only works with the second track though, as most intro songs so...

I was born 12-15 years too late. I got all of that rare shit nobody's ever heard of in FLAC, I do buy cd's and vinyls but much less so since the CAD dropped to where it is now, quasi-parity/worth more/more or less equal to the USD helped, but then also USPS jacked up prices on shipping to Canada like if we were in Paraguay and the Euro rebounded when it was just 1,07 CAD a few months ago. I'd be screwing my credit margin up much more if I could so, it's annoying to have been born so that when I was a teenager, most people bought cassettes, vinyls were not in stores anymore except for the skater clothing/headshop place we had in town, and the music area of that store disappeared quickly, it was around for maybe 2 years I heard, they also sold cd's. Then...

fucking Cargo went into bankruptcy in the US in the late 90's, which was a small label distributor, it was hard to find anything, and the small stores were all like "we're angry too, all that sort of music was our biggest selling stuff (think of 1994's-1997's sudden acceptance of real punk bands on indie labels..I guess they wanted to replace Nirvana or something, the demand was there it seems) selling platinum records all of a sudden, they were all legit except for the always horrible and chick-punk shit that Green Day always was, I only tolerate the album they made after Dookie (which was a major label release, they had just gotten signed for some reason), I guess when Bad Religion, without selling out music-wise, went on Atlantic Records in 94...2 classic albums on that stretch, but Mr.Brett's absence was felt, he was shooting up all that delicious H he got from all the sales of The Offspring's - Smash which was on a then medium sized indie label, thankfully him and Wackerman from Suicidal Tendencies and others came back in 2002 and saved BR, Graffin was only able to write a whole album once, well, with the help of previously-Minor Threat, Dag Nasty etc. Brian Baker who replaced Brett, No Substance and The New America made me do the whole dishonest stopping of listening to BR totally because of their 2 albums out of 4 on a major label that made it sound like their current drummer couldn't be helped even with the best recording studio, no wonder he quit after the last one and then BR went back to Epitaph, Brett rejoined and Wackerman replaced Schayer. The 2002 album by BR is actually amazing and goes up there with Generator, Against The Grain etc. to me, The Process of Belief.

My dad gave me his perfect condition Technics turntable from 1987, all grey everywhere, but I only got 'bout 20 LP's....EP's and 7 inches are not too bad to import in, but they got to be really good ones for me to bother, like say, Cause For Alarm's self titled EP. I also got the last 3 Paint It Black EP's but they formed in the 2000's...one of the only band I give a shit about formed in the 2000's. Likely since it's fronted by Dan Yemin, who's a really fucking smart guy who goes back to the 80's (Lifetime if somebody knows 'em here, hopefully). He's got a big wikipedia entry, kind of a guy that's under the surface of the big known names of frontmans, and in whatever performance art, there's always these guys whom the big names look up to, Yemin is one of 'em. Like Dave Smalley...although Smalley later became a hard right idiot when his last band folded or was on hiatus..I think they're still around somehow. (Down By Law...meh...gimme D.Y.S or Dag Nasty where he was singing in the 80's).

I could talk more 'but the hydroxyzine has hit and I'm half-nodding now. But it wouldn't be needed, I don't think we should all just link to songs and not say a word, I understand the concept though so don't expect me to do this often heh.

Last edited:
This is considered proto-punk, but Iggy is the Godfather of Punk whether he wants to be or not.

[video=youtube_share;85RSPV9Q-3s]http://youtu.be/85RSPV9Q-3s[/video]

I like the Dead Boys too.
I really love the original recording of "ain't it fun", by Rocket From the Tombs.

I love Pere Ubu as well, another band that formed out of members from Rocket From the Tombs (like the Dead Boys)

I love Lydia Lunch.
This is probably considered No-Wave, or post-punk to some people.

But imho those are just different subgenres of punk rock.

[video=youtube_share;qHCEH1izAjE]http://youtu.be/qHCEH1izAjE[/video]

Ah, here..labels (although boundaries are necessary) can be the worst means of oppression; in terms of quenching the spirit of the music. ;)

Never heard this. Will be keeping, in my folder, as it sounds beautifully cathartic,; saved for music to be enraged, sad and enlightened by.

Ok. L7. Punk in Spirit( they did justice to mainstream teenage kids that craved an outlet( hail to the bands that did)). Their tempo was usually rock and too slow to fall into the punk 'box', how and ever. -this is a personal favourite. Loved their humour.

Last edited:
re; the dead boys - i'm surprised nobody posted this gem

if you don't already love the Saints, you should :)

I thought L7 were kind of grunge at least in the 90's...they were some of the people that actually got along with Courtney Love....likely because they're all lesbians :)