[14] Misinformation by BilZ0r

THE WOOD said:
heh I read NEJM, JAMA, and JACI all the time, when i have to clean up my boss' office...usually an entire year's worth of each are laying about on the floor. JAMA is especially bad for criticizing certain medical aspects of the drug war, including an issue condemning Shulgin's TIHKAL, and PhIKAL, and of course organizations on the web such as errowid or the lycaeum.

Where do you work, if you don't mind me asking?

This is the offerings from the latest issue of Journal of Toxicology: Clinical Toxicology, from an article entitled "Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor Poisoning Resulting from Internet Misinformation on Illicit Substances"
Read it here (the link goes to the abstract, but you can register to get a free "2 minute preview" and gain access to the article).

Oh my god. THE fire has registered and written a rebuttal just for bluelighters. I am honored and priviliged to be in the presence of such an extraordinary archivist.

- bows -

fire rawkz

"Oh my god. THE fire has registered and written a rebuttal just for bluelighters. I am honored and priviliged to be in the presence of such an extraordinary archivist.

- bows -

fire rawkz"

Was that sarcasm or seriousness?

I thought it was a great intelligent post.

Of course he was being serious.

Be careful with gender specific language like that...

I once took 5mg of 5-MeO-DMT in combination with MAOIs. I must say that the experience was entirely overwhelming and felt more toxic than any other drug experience I have had. I should hate to imagine what would happen if I had taken 30mg. If I ever meet Jon Ott, I will sure give him my honest opinion of his 5-MeO-DMT/Syrian Rue idea. It's a shame that this example of "misinformation" is being generalized to the entire drug-information community.

I read all the available reports on Erowid concerning the combination before I tried it. That is why I chose a dose of 5mg. I probably owe it to the community to submit a trip-report so that others can see how potentially dangerous even small amounts of 5-MeO-DMT can be when used with MAOIs.

The experience actually occured the weekend before the September 11th terrorist attacks. I think the experience considerably affected my interpretation of the events.

It is quite the honour to be in a thread with fire, but I only want to add the fact that this person obviously has not taken a good look at the site, if he's taking 30mg, period, let alone on his first time, without considering the MAOI 8)

I suppose some people just choose to read the information as they see fit.

^^^ It wasn't his first time. Infact he reported to the people treating him that he had in the past used hallucinogens on a daily basis.

iom said:
Be careful with gender specific language like that...

How PC can you get? No, you're right though... If I'm not "careful" he might kick my ass through this ethernet cable. 8(

Please excuse my childishness, everyone, but it's fun sometimes.

Yes everyone loves the work fire & earth have done for us and erowid, but really, do we need 10 posts thanking them in this thread..? The PM button (
sendpm.gif
) works fine..

of course I was being serious. Did you see any signs, symbols, or oth3r pointers toward sarcasm?

Fire is an inspiration, both of them are, they deserve the highest respect for stepping up and providing the world with real information instead of Puritan hysterics.

-bows again-

Blowmonkey said:
Yes everyone loves the work fire & earth have done for us and erowid, but really, do we need 10 posts thanking them in this thread..? The PM button (
sendpm.gif
) works fine..

I think most would agree that an open display of affection is often more meaningful.

BUT, to be logical, it's much easier to type a paragraph using quick reply than to go trhough the motions of constructing a pm. Why the hell do you care anyways? People are just trying to be nice.

lighten up please
PLUR

I love Bluelight! I agree with you Bilz0r - it's hard to moderate information on a forum-type medium with a top-down approach. Luckily, we don't have to! I have never seen an inaccurate post on these forums that hasn't immediately been jumped on by someone else - it's a non-hierarchical, anarchistic type'o'thang ;) :)

The other thing I wanted to say is - being well-informed doesn't mean ceasing risk-taking. Maybe dorm-boy knew that 30mg 5Meo DMT + MAOI was an incredibly large + dangerous dose, and decided to do it anyway. As an experienced tripper, he might have wanted to push the boundaries, despite the risks. Let's face it, we've all done dumb shit at one time or another - sometimes we get away with it, and sometimes we don't.

i would just like to mention that if anyone does have any issues, they must feel free to contribute their own piece; and to remind everyone to play nice :)

MrM said:
If you want a drugs information website full of seriously dangerous misinformation, you can't do much better than talk to frank an official British government website that contains such dangerous inaccuracies as;

about 2cb

2cb link

Now it is obvious to anyone who knows anything about the illegal sale of drugs in general, and 2cb in specific, that the idea that all 2cb pills are 5mgs has got to be wrong. Dangerously wrong if people accept it as fact when they have pills of a higher dosage since 2cb is pretty dosage responsive.

It seems to me that erowid is vastly preferable to this.

:p

I think the author was talking about EROX (2c-b)which was sold in germany OTC as a sexual aid, in 5mg pills.

Drugs have never killed anybody, its stupidity that kills people. Its like saying cars kill people, i never met anyone who was struck down by a car without a stupid driver it in.

^^that's completely untrue and very ignorant, people die from drugs even when doing nothing wrong and taking every possible precaution. What about allergic reactions?

Good to see you posting here, fire, at last! Great essay, Bilz0r!

yeah one thing i noticed on erowid is that taking maoi's with a psychadelic such as dmt is supposed to enhance the psychadelic effects, i dunno, maoi's have bad drug interaction with a lot of things and i don't see why psychadelics would be the opposite