• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Opium Poppy (Papaver somniferum) cultivation

Im just wondering why there isnt an opium epedemic where pot is everywhere.

I honestly think most people just don't realize how easy it is to grow opium. They think you need to be in the middle east, or use a certain type of poppy, or somesuch.

Also, the yield per plant is much lower, you need fairly large fields to produce a decent quantity of opium.

Crazy aussies,

How ate you mate,im not a rocket scientist but im pretty sure those poppy seeds are treated so that they cant be grown...otherwise if your friends are anything like my circle,all of oz would be a giant opium hut.

Never the less,next time you have a chunky steak pie or poppy seed bagel,pocket a few and have a lash..Tasy has fields grown by the CSIRO for pharmaceuticals , but i could be mistaken

I honestly think most people just don't realize how easy it is to grow opium. They think you need to be in the middle east, or use a certain type of poppy, or somesuch.

Also, the yield per plant is much lower, you need fairly large fields to produce a decent quantity of opium.

yeah man for sure

i always thought it would be hard as fuck until i read up on it here now i am going to do it for sure

do a search guys, this has been covered on this forum in other sections and theres some good info around.

apparently the run of your mill poppy seed variety plants don't contain a high enough level of the correct alkaloids to make it worth while if i recall, but the other threads have plenty of info :)

yeah man im gunna start makin my own opium for sure now! just kidding
cwe is the limit to my capabilities.

so are the seeds treated so they cant be used to be grown. or can u really buy seeds from the supermarket?

on another note. i just find it strange how drugs like mushrooms arnt everywhere. I mean they pretty much grow themself. & i sometimes see morning glory growing around the place too.

it also amazes me how there hasnt been any alert on the new about dxm. I mean its pretty much ketamine/PCP sold down the street. I mean DXM is some powerful shit.

isnt it true that in america u can buy poppy pods legally off the internet. they may as well legalize heroin.

another rumor i heard that is in china valium & dihydrocodeine (without apap) is sold otc.

mushrooms are seasonal, and they don't quite grow themself lol
certain species grow in certain conditions and setting (ie. wood chips or bark from specific trees), people need to pick more and dry them ;)
i've helped a mate fill 4 bathtubs full of shrooms one season.

with the poppies, once you have the right variant, you need to grow an epic amount and processing them into a usable drug is apparently a bit of a process.

at the end of the day there are alot of drugs (natural, OTC or RX) that can provide experiences similar to illicit drugs (good and bad effects) when taken in excess or combined.

The seeds are washed in acid I had heard, and i'm sure it's done effectively with Tasmanian poppy seeds. I"m sure imported seeds have to be treated as well, but perhaps their quality control is inferior so maybe a chance of some live seeds making it into a bag.

yeah man im gunna start makin my own opium for sure now! just kidding
cwe is the limit to my capabilities.

so are the seeds treated so they cant be used to be grown. or can u really buy seeds from the supermarket?

on another note. i just find it strange how drugs like mushrooms arnt everywhere. I mean they pretty much grow themself. & i sometimes see morning glory growing around the place too.

it also amazes me how there hasnt been any alert on the new about dxm. I mean its pretty much ketamine/PCP sold down the street. I mean DXM is some powerful shit.

isnt it true that in america u can buy poppy pods legally off the internet. they may as well legalize heroin.

another rumor i heard that is in china valium & dihydrocodeine (without apap) is sold otc.

i dont think you can buy anything to do with the opium poppy at all legaly in USA

You can how ever buy the seeds and grow them here in the UK but as soon as they are used in any way to be prepared for use it becomes illegal

I dont think you can even buy the seeds legaly in america let alone grow them

i may be wrong but im sure this is what i have read while searching google about growing them

i think the laws are similar to UK in australia, can't remember and cbf searching lol

Yes it's true, you can order dried out poppy pods (ostensibly as decorations) over the internet in America, it's a legal grey area but I've never read of anyone getting into legal trouble for it.

You can't use these pods to collect opium, since they're dried, but you can cook them into opium tea.

I don't think the comparison to heroin is very accurate, if only because you can only consume the pods orally, as opposed to snorting/smoking/IV.

if you want a small hit of morphine, grab a few bags of poppy seeds, (they are washed a few times to get out the opiates, but not all is taken out. also treated so you cant grow.) place into a bottle, 2L, with a lid. put in some hot, but not boiling water. and shake for about 10 mins. open the lid about half, pour out the water without seeds. mix in a bit of cordial, to mask the taste. theres a small hit of opiates which will convert to morphine in the body.

on another note, a friend of mine used to live in tassie. he said opium paste, like a thick black tar, is everywhere and easy to get, and poppy fields everywhere. cant remember much he was saying as i was pretty fkd up

ok from what I remember reading last year, its around this time that you would plant seeds in AUS? or at the start of winter?

Well I got a shit load of 'Spencers' brand poppy seeds from my work (A supermarket) and was gonna germinate them in the next week or so, any advice?

Btw, the species of this poppy is Papaver somniferum which is the opium poppy, correct?

ok from what I remember reading last year, its around this time that you would plant seeds in AUS? or at the start of winter?

Well I got a shit load of 'Spencers' brand poppy seeds from my work (A supermarket) and was gonna germinate them in the next week or so, any advice?

Btw, the species of this poppy is Papaver somniferum which is the opium poppy, correct?

Yup, Those are the one. And as for the questions about Supermarket poppy seeds being treated so they wont grow? Bullshit! Dont believe me? Try it for yourself. Macormicks seem to be the best. They have about a 98% germination rate and sprout in about 2-3 days! I will post pics of mine in the next day or so to show how well they have done. I grew them by accident at first when I threw out my spent seeds from PST. Those ones were way to clustered and dense to survive, so I sprinkled my spent seeds from my next batch evenly into a pot and DAMN! They were off and running! Easier than weed! Just different conditions. TONS of info on the web... look it up.

^^ cheers brother, got sooo many seeeds these cunts better grow lol

Are you in Australia? The seeds in your average supermarket could be alot different if your in another country

Most don't seem to be treated IME.

Have successfully grown seeds from supermarket (several different brands), seeds I bought bulk and seeds I bought over the Internet.

Maybe some suppliers treat their seeds but this might only reduce the germination rate like 2/5 seeds sprout rather than the usual 9 out of 10. This is just a theory though - I've always had a problem with too many seedlings sprouting rather than not enough.

My favourite have been the standard supermarket seeds. If they're a product of Australia they're almost definitely 'Tazzies' - which are bred for their hardiness and high alkaloid content. I live kind of close to Tasmania, so basically I can't go wrong - this strain of poppy plant has been specially created and refined over the years to suit my growing conditions. If you live somewhere more tropical I'd say the supermarket seeds are still worth a go and if you have problems maybe look at different varieties.

My Poppies are growing pretty well atm :) was surprised I got them started this early. They probably won't bloom until October like last year but they'll be bigger and stronger from growing through the winter.

Just keep them hidden. Remember it IS illegal. If you get busted by the wrong person you'll be looking at major problems with a decent sized crop.

My plan is to clean up the latex I harvest this year...been hearing it's the only way to go. Hopefully I enjoy it a bit more without all that plant matter.

Last year i had a number of plants from a supermarket variety see. All of the pods bar one had a real deformed growth. Basically like one side of the pod was stunted while the rest kept growing.
So what resulted was a very lobsided pod. This is the first i've heard of this happening, and i doubt it's related to any sort of irradiation or treatment the seeds go through. It genetics or a disease of some sort.

But they were still good pods. Very healthy and made a nice tea. Anyone else had that happen to them?

cheers

^^ cheers brother, got sooo many seeeds these cunts better grow lol

Are you in Australia? The seeds in your average supermarket could be alot different if your in another country
No, Brother, U.S. but to my understanding most all will grow. Especially "Organic" seeds.

Last year i had a number of plants from a supermarket variety see. All of the pods bar one had a real deformed growth.

I couple of my pods had this...not sure what it could be. I'm pretty sure they'd just use heat to 'treat' rather than gamma radiation.

so would now be a good time to sow seeds in Australia?? Ive already sowed some from the super market but Im gonna get some that are made for cultivation purposes online just incase these ones Ive already sowed dont germinate..

Anyway ever had experience with the hippies at [snip]? If so, PM me :)

Edit: ok, after a bit mroe research, I should sow them mid - late winter... Would still like to hear from anyone with their experiences with [snip], more particular, the best variety of Papaver somniferum to go for when growing for morphinane alkaloids..

Last edited by a moderator: