• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Scale Thread (First wave - archived 10-31-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thx for sticking up for me Meo_dmster. sounds like quite a rig you have there...

i have a tanita which is really nice and an aculab that is less acurate. i use them, and sometimes even titrate down a little further with solution if needed. it is really foolish to play with psychedelic research chems and not use a scale.

i don't find my tanita 1210-50 reliable below 10mg
i can put until 6mg with the display showing 0mg

seriously. the gempro has no stability whatsoever.
after calibrating it, every 10 seconds just sitting there
it mysteriously adds 2 mg to the readout.

You must have gotten a bad one, because mine sure as hell doesn't do that.

well it's too late in any case. i felt bad for the
people down the hall who didn't have a scale, so
when i got a new one i just gave the gempro to them.
better to have a less-than-optimal scale than no scale at all.

I got a mx50 , i payed 150$ can and this scale just sux .

0.01 of accuracy my ass .

I've got a question for tanita users out there.

as far as I can tell, the tanita 1210-50 and 1210-100 differ only in that the capacity of the 1210-100 is twice that of the 50 model. are there any other differences in accuracy?

kinetic said:
I've got a question for tanita users out there.

as far as I can tell, the tanita 1210-50 and 1210-100 differ only in that the capacity of the 1210-100 is twice that of the 50 model. are there any other differences in accuracy?

The only difference is the capacity, as you said. I have found both models to be very reliable and accurate.

SG

Ive never had a scale, i just learnt to eye everything from experience. I beleive scales are essential and ive overdosed twice on rc's but i simply cant afford a scale at the moment.

I have a feeling that mgs's little "if you can afford to buy research chemicals then you can afford a scale" speech coming on.

anyways, I've eyeballed doses before (methylone so it wasn't too big a deal), or used a solution to get an accurate measurement, but i just ordered the tanita 1210-50. I actually feel a lot better now, knowing that I will be sure of my doses now is like a load off my chest.

Nope, but I use the one at my former school if I need something weighed (accurate to 0,00001 g). I never eyeball a dose of reasearch chems.

milligram weighing

how does every1 weigh out their exact doses for 2C-I? im sure not all of you have milligram scales (which start at like $800), so if any1 has any tips on a safe yet roundabout method of milligram weighing without spending 800 dollars please share. thank you.

There's always a chance of dissolving the stuff in a certain volume of liquid evenly, and then diving the liquid into equal quantities by volume.
There are at this point already quite a few threads dedicated to this subject.
edit: use something that the stuff will dissolve into, ok?

Hey I have a a 50g X .01g scale which weighs out 10mgs. Do you think it is weighing 10mgs accurately? I mean can a .01g scale really be accurate to 10mgs? I hope so or I've been either getting more or less chemical each experience.

the only way i can conceive that that would be remotely accurate is to slowly add minute quantities of the substance to the scale until it reaches the point of .01. just dumping wut looks like it could be 1 mg could in fact be more like 14 or 16 mg, and your scale would just read it as one... i think

Damn it people, get a scale that atleast goes down to .002g, or 2mg resolution. These are not that expensive, around $150. Don't trust 0.01g scales to read exactly 10mg. At best, a reading of .01 would be between 5mg and 15mg, which is a big difference. The solution method works ONLY if you verify how much you are starting out with. Besides there is a whole thread about this already, including reviews on which scales to get.

wut do u mean spread it out? dry? just scatter the powder over a peice of paper and eyeball it? sounds good to me :D

This is such ignorant behaviour. Fortunately there's a liquid measurement thread on the front page now, so I hope you've at least made an attempt in reading through that..

But you're going to have to know what the original amount is. No other way than to buy an accurate scale. You have to know your starting weight..

If you put as much effort in finding a cheap scale as you do with the drugs you buy, then you should be able to find several.

obviously u didnt detect the note of sarcasm i tried to make apparant in my reply... i would never merely eyeball a substance like this. As for finding a reasonably priced milligram scale i am severly lost. Im aware that online vendors are not allowed to be mentioned but if any1 could provide a model # for me to search for or a link at my email [email protected], that would be awesome. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.