[09] Why I Would Never Deal Drugs by Anonymous

He speaks the truth

Okay, I haven't posted here in two years. I only visit once every few months these days, but I have to speak up on this one.
Catch-22 may claim to have never dealt drugs, but he sure has the profile down. I have dealt, and I will affirm everything he says. The people who disagree either don't understand dealing or are fixated on the few exceptions to the norm that they know of. These are the facts:
1) Paranoia- every phone call, every cop car, hell, every van that creeps by
2) 24/7- you do not quit. If you turn off your phone, they will show up at your house. If you ignore them, they will take their business elsewhere.
3) Using- every dealer uses (and again, that means most, don't assault me with your exceptions. exceptions prove the rule)
4) Risk- the big one. Ignore or deny everything else, you're still putting your ass on the line.

Think long and hard before dealing, cause it ain't all fun and games.

BlueStar said:
if they are good they need not be paranoid about the authorities.

there are no drug dealers that are good enough that they don't need to worry about authorities.

you could be the smoothest motherfucker out there and do everything right, but you might deal to some fuckwad that gets caught and rats you out.

no one is that good...

Chubba75 said:
Dealers are 24/7 around here, especially meth and heroin. Don't go telling a heroin user that you've "shut shop", or you won't expect to ever get them back... or a meth user, they're out all hours of the night, they aren't going to bother with someone that's "shut shop" every night, because 90% of meth users score after midnight.

Then don't sell to those people.

You're the dealer, you set the terms. Maybe folks will learn some sense if you don't cater to their bullshit.

Tabula, right on ;)

never forget that there is a paid army out to get you. men and women whose sole job is to find people like you and stop you from doing what you are doing. they have a lot more resources available to them than you do.

as a dealer, you are a criminal according to U.S. law. anyone else who knows you and breaks the law has the ability to use you as leverage to lighten their penelties.

you can choose your customers, but can you choose their customers? is it worth lessening your risk by involving your friends? would you take that risk with strangers? who are your friends to you?

B.I.G. had it correct when he said, "All the money you stack is all the money for bail". My best advice to you if your gonna deal is to keep a VERY good lawyer on retainer at all times or atleast have him ready if shit goes down. Keep your mouth shut and never rat. Have bail money READY. If you make a decent amount (a couple hundred thou in my opinion), then QUIT. Your best bet is to not do it at all and be thankful for your freedom. That not only means freedom from jail, but freedom from drug rehab, testing, probation, no driver's license, etc. Take my advice, you will get addicted to fast money, the lifestyle, or in my case addicted to the game. It's not worth it bro's.:(

Before i begin ill point out that years and years ago when me and some friends were involved in small time weed dealing i was the one that convinced everyone to give it up, we were in HS at the time and i explained that if we were caught we would be kicked and probably forced to go to a school for those with behavioural problems and undoubtedly receive a lesser education fucking us for life.

That said dealing has a lot of positives surrounding it. The lifestyle can be fantastic, when we dealt our workplace was the school playground or the local shopping centres and customers were people we knew and their friends. Dealing in this respect was always fun you would hang with friends, people you like would come up, you'd chat and then exchange goods for money, whats not to like? Some might say small-scale dealing such a 'soft' drug isn't really comparable to normal dealing but when i used to buy speed, pills, k etc (im off drugs now) i would go to someones apartment they would throw on some good tunes (trance, happy hardcore) or some them had decks and would get on and spin we'd hang out, chat about common interests like music, parties, drugs and id get my drugs. At events after talking to dealers i don't regularly use (friends trusted dealers i don't buy off randoms) i would often get calls at the end of the event wondering what i was getting up to now if i was hitting the after-club or recovery party and arranging if we wanted to hang out that day, sure they were high and though i often hadn't bought anything off them yet they might of thought they could shift some drugs if we did hang out the point is still that its a very social job which a lot of people enjoy.

And for guys theres the girls that are always dripping off the small/medium dealers i know, to a minor extent they're attracted by the power and bad-boy status but mostly they're there for free drugs, iv know girls who are decent size users but never pay for anything (or so they claim) just maintaining fake flirtatious friendships with lots of dealer. Its bullshit but some guys don't care and still love it others claim they know its bullshit but its about 'face', street cred for dealing aswell as in general.

As far as the danger/paranoia, the legal risks are the only thing that stopped/stops me from dealing, even when i became a heavy user with the means to deal and pressure from my friends e.g "how many pills should i get for tonight?" "Man get as many as you can and we'll just sell what we dont use" or "dude you should really deal, so easy, so much money" 8), with the 'advantages' i have in life attending uni and from a very blessed background, prison time is not something im simply not willing to risk. I do believe if i was less fortunate though i would probably be running a meth lab and dealing as much as i could.

The paranoia can be kept under control, basically you have to accept the risks involved, accept you may go to prison, be bashed and robbed, have someone get in trouble with something you sold them and this will go a huge way. Even if you think the sirens are for you if not really anxious about prison etc then you don't freak out. A bit of controlled paranoia can be very useful, reminds you to shave, dress respectably go out sober and ask the youngest person in the store for small plastic zip-lock bags not rock up off your face looking like a sterotypical unshaven junkie dealer and ask the middle aged women where the sattys at or fill your car with your entire stash then swerve all over the road coming back from somewhere completely smashed.

The second point about the paranoia being helpful is that though your dealing may make you anxious many of those involved in drug use and dealing have pyschological/psychiatric problems and worrying about the cops can be a great distraction from worrying about other stuff that troubles you much deeper and which you feel a greater sense of doom, hopelessness, self-loathing and guilt over. I'm hardly saying drug dealing is great way to deal with your problems, better than therapy but its simply what i consider a reality of the situation.

Finally some people love the danger, i have ADHD and will admit i like danger, driving way too fast in cars, breaking into places, terrorising the neighbourhood, now im older i dont these things but i know i would still love it im just bored constantly unless i have something which absolutely demands my full attention and knowing i could be in real shit if i don't give that attention when doing stuff dangerous makes sure i do. Many people thrive on danger it can keep you sharp and remind you your alive, and is something real to think about over your cornflakes at breakfast.

I'm not promoting drug-dealing, i don't do it i make damn sure my friends, who weren't already dealers when i met them dont get into it, the ones that are i always urge to stay small-time explaining the negatives but if your gunna have a proper discussion of a topic its got to be honest considering both sides and the negative has already been put up. If your thinking about dealing imho given how real the possibilty you should think you will go to prison and miss part of your life, probably some the best years of it, the consquences your criminal record will have on the rest of your life and if this is really better than the life you would lead if you didn't deal.

Last edited:
One of my bestfriends got murdered over fucking drugs. I dont think no one should take the risk. When u deal, u not only risk your freedom but u also risk your life. The worlds fucked up & people are shady. The main point: even good dealers die. :(

A few quotes.

"It's a dirty job, but somebodie's gotta do it."
"If it wasn't a dangerous game, everyone would be playing."
"Supply and demand"

?

snakjaw said:
Then don't sell to those people.

You're the dealer, you set the terms. Maybe folks will learn some sense if you don't cater to their bullshit.

Then they go to someone who will, and youre no longer a dealer.

It all depends.. mainly on if your main occupation is more or less a dealer.. if you work a "normal" job and deal more or less on the side then yes, you dont actually need the money from dealing and are prlolly doing it to pay for your own drugs so may not need to cater to the peoples need.

But if youre selling stims, like coke or meth, you better be expecting late night calls..

I think its funny because at some point you are going to trade favors as a drug user. So in a sense while not engaging in selling on a consistent basis you ARE selling. Or if you make your own/grow/ etc. and do a trade or sell it
por favor then its the same thing. I think there's a lot of different situations where selling is involved. I mean you're not wearing a beeper or something.
Like not like a business but more as a form of gratitude, money for drugs.

Someone said before about buying whatever you can get and then sell what you dont use.

Its a terribly complex situation for police. So I dont think being a dealer is anyway the stereotype if it ever was one.

Personally I make the distinction between legality and ethics(moral stuff)
Sure I know what I do is wrong legally. So?

In terms of the grand scale of things like justice, its simply bartering, commerce. And in terms of what the US is built upon, it makes sense.
So I dont consider what I do wrong.

Re: He speaks the truth

TABula rasa said:
Catch-22 may claim to have never dealt drugs, but he sure has the profile down. .

He isnt speaking for himself. As he stated- "Reminder: I am posting this essay on behalf of someone else. These comments are not an official policy statement"

Mman said:
while it's true that most street level drug dealer do it to support their habbit if one moves further up the chain most of them don't use drugs and are in it only for the money.

Agreed. I even know of drug lords who are so high up there, they dont even see the shit theyre making millions off. And they do all their deals thru mobile cel phones. Our basic dealer or middleman is waaaaaaaaaaay down the drug food chain, so to speak. The men on top are really into it for THE MONEYYYYY. As montana says....dont get hgh on your own supply. But then again, those drug lord of all lords are few and far in between....and rarely known by the likes of...little old moi. I speak in behalf of my place of origin and culture. peace:|

I think the problem with this thread is not much destibnction has been made between the different types of drugs- your highschool/college 'weed dealer' is nowhere near the same thing as a meth dealer or the heroin hook up.

you all say that no one should be a dealer yet how would you get your drugs then? If no one took the risks then no one could do drugs....

Chubba75 said:
Dealers are 24/7 around here, especially meth and heroin. Don't go telling a heroin user that you've "shut shop", or you won't expect to ever get them back... or a meth user, they're out all hours of the night, they aren't going to bother with someone that's "shut shop" every night, because 90% of meth users score after midnight.

Dealers that don't use drugs? Pfft... Very rarely have I seen anyone that got into the dealing business to make money... they do it for the free drugs, but it also has the added perk of not having to get a proper job, but they definetely do use a shitload (that's the only plus side to dealing, lots of free drugs).

are you speaking from experience?or talking out your ass?i think your age is talking...............

i used to know a couple pppl that used to deal and to me they're all a bit diff.
there was one that was only in town for like 2 or 3 weeks at a time and goes out of town to work a real job. and when he was here he got real enjoyment out of being at the club at 5 am and seeing all the ppl rolling.

another that only touched meth. he either had shit and was running the roads or was asleep and nothing would wake him.

so basically one in it to see others enjoy themselves....one in it for money/drugs.

Crazeee said:
Nice essay however I disagree with this:

The only thing that tells us that drugs are "wrong" is the current government sponsored propaganda spread by the media about the "wrongs and evils" of drugs. While in reality many of us believe there is nothing more wrong with verious illegal drugs vs current legal ones. So what if you do not believe what you are doing is wrong ? What if you are either a) trying to help people obtain substances they want anyway b) make money while doing it. Connect a+b, you are a "dealer" but should you be paranoid about it ? I don't know, it certinly takes guts, but also a strong belief in what you are doing is not "wrong" just because the majority of the society says so.

I disagree with you. Although some drugs such as reefer and maybe shrooms, should be legalised, I would never think cocaine, heroin, XTC, and other "hard" drugs should be legalised. Although I do use them, I also realise that they are dangerous to both your mental and bodily health. So in essence I believe selling smack and dope is morally wrong, but I still do it for the effects.

i think that if i would sell drugs it would be like a side job...cause if ya ain't got no job but you always have money...ppl tend to have a suspicion about what you are doing...so get a real job and sell drugs on the side...hell sometimes ya can make more money sellin' than the legal one..but to be safe get a legit job too

I know quite a few dealers, and sure, most of them use, but not to the point where they're just dealing to support their habit.

Quite a few people seem to just use a bit recreationally on the side, but still make a fair bit of cash, enough to live comfy on, from dealing.