Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy PMEA Thread

aliester_crowley

Bluelighter
Welcome to the Big & Dandy PMEA Thread

233px-Paramethoxyethylamphetamine.svg.png

wiki said:
para-Methoxyethylamphetamine (PMEA), is a stimulant drug related to PMA. PMEA reputedly produces similar effects to PMA, but is considerably less potent[1] and seems to have slightly less tendency to produce severe hyperthermia, at least at low doses. At higher doses however the side effects and danger of death approach those of PMA itself, and PMEA should still be considered a potentially dangerous drug. Investigation of a drug-related death in Japan in 2005 showed PMEA to be present in the body and was thought to be responsible for the death.[2]

Greetings, all!

Just curious if there is a more commonly used chemical synonym for:

Ethyl-[2-(4-methoxy-phenyl)-1-methyl-ethyl]-amine

...I came across it in some research, and have been unable to find any other references to it anywhere. I've never been good with alternate systems of chemical naming, so i thought someone on this board might be able to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
N-Ethyl-4-methoxy-amphetamine aka N-ethyl-PMA seems a little too close to PMA for comfort.
PMA has been implicated in a number of fatalities.

I guess Im either brave or really silly.

Would it be safe to assume that dosages for this would be close to PMA?

Ill let you guys know about this stuff next week sometime ....

*TM*

PMEA / 4-MEA

In order to further characterize this unique agent, we trained a group of
six Sprague-Dawley rats to discriminate 1.25 mg/kg of PMMA
(ED50 = 0.44 mg/kg) from saline vehicle. The PMMA stimulus failed to
generalize to the phenylisopropylamine stimulant (+)amphetamine, or to
the phenylisopropylamine hallucinogen DOM. Stimulus generalization
occurred to (+/-)MDMA (ED50 = 1.32 mg/kg) and S(+)MDMA
(ED50 = 0.48 mg/kg). Partial generalization occurred with R(+)MDMA,
PMA, 3.4-DMA, and fenfluramine. The PMMA stimulus also generalized to
the alpha-ethyl homolog of PMMA (EH/PMMA, ED50 = 1.29 mg/kg). Taken
together, the results of these studies suggest that PMMA is an MDMA-like
agent that lacks the amphetamine-like stimulant character of MDMA.

When they say the alpha-ethyl homolog of PMMA, I believe they're talking about the same PMEA we're talking about in this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong. The little known about these substances demonstrates that they're likely less dangerous than MDMA itself at reasonable dosages. The dosage for PMEA is likely slightly higher than PMMA, as the dosage for MDEA is slightly higher than MDMA, but who really knows.

I know people have been eating this stuff recently. Why aren't there any experience reports yet?

don't post links to that particular website, coolio. - atlas

Attachments

• pmea.jpg
    pmea.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 292
When they say the alpha-ethyl homolog of PMMA, I believe they're talking about the same PMEA we're talking about in this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong.

PMMA == 4-methoxy-N-methyl-amphetamine == 4-methoxy-N-methyl-alpha-methyl-phenethylamine. Hence the alpha-ethyl homolog of PMMA would be 4-methoxy-N-methyl-alpha-ethyl-phenethylamine.

What we are talking about in this thread is the N-ethyl homolog of PMMA, i.e. 4-methoxy-N-ethyl-alpha-methyl-phenethylamine.

Thanks for clarifying glogga, I thought I was wrong soon after posting. This means that there's definitely no information online about PMEA.

I've actually heard a lot of nice things, second hand. I think I may endanger my life and try some! I don't drive so my chances are already better than most of your's at living longer. :)

I just talked with someone who tried PMEA once, a 90mg oral dose. He said that it lasted 9 hours and the only way he could describe the experience was by comparing it to DOM. He thinks PMEA is probably more similar to PMA than anything else, but has never tried PMA. Heavy on the body load and stimulation, mild on the psychedelia/euphoria. He doesn't want to try it again.

If this isn't an abnormal reaction, PMEA doesn't sound as promising as it looks based on its structure.

Mild on the psychedelia and he compares it to DOM?? I've never done PMEA, but I've done DOM and it was definitely NOT mild.

He didn't mean it was exactly like DOM, it was just more similar to DOM than anything else he had tried. He categorized the three families of phenethylamines he's tried by 'flavor' so to speak. He put 2C-* in one flavor group, MDMA/MDA/MDE in another, and PMEA, DOM, and TOMSO in another. His experience sounds to me more like the effects that PMA is described as having.

Just wondering if there were any new reports on this. preferably first hand. Dosages ... Euphoria ... Anything better than "its like DOM" or "PMA". Since i've never taken either thats not very definitive for me.

Most specifically I would like an intelligent forecast for a reasonable range of dosage.

Last edited:
It sounds like a PMA analouge I wouldn't try it myself because of that alone but if your willing then oh well all I can say is have fun and good luck.

*TM-321* said:
I guess Im either brave or really silly.

Would it be safe to assume that dosages for this would be close to PMA?

Ill let you guys know about this stuff next week sometime ....

*TM*

If you're still here to tell the tale.

Anything with a P, M and an A in any particular order is enough to scare the daylights out of me. Stay away from this possible fatal poison unless you like the thought of dieing from seratonin syndrome or your internal organs cooking when your body temp soars over 40 celcious as a replacement for a lovely MDMA peak.

Take care.

Well ... "The eagle has landed". Slightly offwhite and very powdery. Theres an extremely faint safrole type smell I think. Wouldnt have noticed it If I wasnt such a bean fiend. ;)

So it appears that Saturday morning is my only window of opportunity. After some research Ive determined the dose for PMA to be 60 mg. I think the comparison of the MDMA/MDEA-PMMA/PMEA has some logic. Going with that the dosage for MDEA is slight higher than that of MDA/MDMA so I would assume the same to be true here. That would make the dosage for PMEA in the area of 75-100 mg by my estimation. So my plan is to go with 75 mg an see what happens.

For the record Im not particularly concerned. I beleive the folks that have hurt themselves with PMA would not have done so if they had known what they were taking. Ecstacy is very forgiving, damn near idiot proof, and I beleive alot of people take adavantage of that fact. Im not the type to take 3-5 doses of anything anymore let alone go dance in that state for hours on end so I think Ill be alright. Not to mention the fact that MDE compared to MDA I think may be a good forsight into PMA compared to PME. Going with that MDE is alot more mild than MDA in stimulative effects in my experiences so hopefully the same might be true here. Anyways thats all speculation of course.

So Saturday morning it is. Wish me luck guys. %)

Good luck TM-321. Let us know how it goes. Sounds like you're going into this with a good attitude - if it's fairly psychedelic, it'd be easy to have a bad trip if you're constantly worried about overheating and serotonin syndrome and all the other things that scare people into not trying PMA.