• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy PMEA Thread

^^^^

Those are excellent points, Cognito, particularly in regards to alcohol (have never tried nitrous, so can't speak for that one).

I mean I used to have a really severe drinking problem. I'm an alcoholic, I guess. I did a ton of drugs back during my drinking days, oodles of shrooms, tons of acid, MDA, MDMA, 2C-B, and all of these drugs I inevitably consumed while being in various stages of being shitfaced drunk. Obviously that changed the experiences radically, they usually ended up being negative (varying from being just shitty to being horribly and terribly depressing) for me in the end, and taking them while under the influence by definition invalidated any useful information I could glean concerning the actual effects of the drug itself. I haven't tried any of those substances since I stopped drinking (mainly cause of lack of access), but I wonder how they'd effect the new, sober me. I am sure beyond a doubt that my experiences would be much much different this time around.

I don't think a hit of weed/nitrous would radically change any experience. Not to the degree to which he described

Well I'm a Mainer, so I guess it's fortunate that I have virtually no interest whatsoever in trying out PMeA. %) For whatever reason, DPT is also scheduled here (I believe this is the only state in the US where it's scheduled).

Just seems kind of odd, and really arbitrary and random.

/me wonders why MGS was researching this topic. Perhaps planning a psychedelic camping trip to New England? :) j/k

I'm originally from Maine and it is a very strange place politically/legally. They manage to pass all kinds of weird legislation, sometimes just to be "different".

As far as mixing psychedelics with other things "invalidating" a trip report, I do think it is an important issue that people tend to overlook, especially when the experience was a good one. But I also think it is relative to a person's experience, and indeed tolerance, for the secondary drug. Well, at least for alcohol.

E.g., if you are so used to having a beer or two after work every day that you feel almost no buzz from it anymore, and you happen to have a beer or two during a trip, I would not think that would have much effect on your trip or the reported effects. Some, but not a lot. OTOH, if you rarely drink or just have a permanently low tolerance, and get silly after one glass of wine, it's a different story.

I guess it's sort of the same with pot, although IME even small amounts of cannabis, even for experienced users, can really alter a trip. Cannabis tolerance is a tricky thing. So I am more skeptical of reports that include cannabis.

N2O is so short-acting that I hesitate to say it truly "colors" the trip for very long, but I'm sure it sets it off in a different direction (usually awesome).

I think cannabis can greatly color a trip. I know this from first-hand experience, as well from watching others. For most, cannabis greatly increases the visual effects, and it can also increase the ego-destructive properties and other mental effects. Sometimes it can increase it to an alarming degree.

Even a daily pot-smoker like me...I notice a significant increase in the effects from marijuana. I try not to smoke it when tripping, unless the bodyload or nausea from many psychedelics gets bad enough to make me uncomfortable, and interfears with the trip.

As for nitrous oxide, I think this can change the nature of a trip long after administered as well, but this is not a rule. Though nitrous oxide does leave the body in minutes, it seems to have secondary effects and can leave a lingering influence. This may not hold for everyone...I have used nitrous with many familiar psychedelics, and I do not seem to notice much from it after 10 minutes. But I have a friend who took a long time to come down from nitrous oxide taken in conjunction with 2C-T-7, and once with 2C-I.

Probably varies with experience. He was not too experienced with psychedelics at the time these events happened.

Yeah I kinda wish I hadnt of consumed so much beer then but like I said before I felt like I was about to lose my mind. I do drink often enough for it not to affect me to the extent it may affect others. However I consumed quite a bit that night. But then again the reason I did consume so much in the first place was because I was too messed up to enjoy the experience. Scared shitless basically.

Im still stumped as to what happened with the others experiences vs mine and my other friends. Ive come to a few possible theories but they all have serious flaws. My cousin and I had consumed some 2c-t-21 three nights before. But both of us only did 6mgs at that point which was only enough to give us a case of the giggles. Another factor I considered is my friends normally dont do much hallucinogens therefor we probably have less of a tolerance in a physical as well as a mental sense. Still that doesnt even come close to explaining my experience with it. If I didnt trust the source so much I might say it was something different but as well as that I asked other folks and had some that got it from the same place as I. So in the end Im still stumped. :p

Well, I unfortunately have to add my vote to the pool of people who got little to no affect from this one. I was excited to try it, and had held onto my sample for the right moment. That moment came last week. I thought I had 100mgs, but when I measured it, it turned out to be only 50 mgs.

I ingested half of it first on an empty stomach to make sure I wasn´t going to have some sort of bad reaction, and after one hour had passed, I was feeling confident enough to take the rest. Another hour passed and I felt no real effects. I did start to feel very tired and laid down on my bed. Then I fell asleep for an hour or so (a real feat for me - I can never nap normally) and awoke feeling refreshed and fine. At T+6:00 I was disappointed and sure that that was all I was going to get and went to get some dinner. On the train on the way home, I noticed that colours seemed brighter and more interesting, but it only lasted about 10 minutes. It wasn´t until this point though that I remembered taking the PMEA, so I doubt it was placebo, but it certainly wasn´t interesting enough to make it worth while.

Final verdict, about as much fun as 5 mgs of Ambien.

Did this guy ever write an experience report? I'd love to help put it on Erowid if so. Did anyone, whether it was a good experience or a bad one?

Anyone have anything further to add? I've been sitting on some for years, and would love to know more.

Wow. Of all the B&D threads I've sifted through over the past couple of weeks, while editing and cleaning them all up, this one was most intriguing. Not the substance, just, this thread. How bizarre that a chemical was so sporadic about its effects on various people!

Anyway, this thread is now new and improved! :D

EVERYTHING BEFORE THIS POST HAS BEEN CLEANED

Last edited by a moderator:
It is intriguing material (not that I know first hand... was going to try it for a while but never did and probably never will).

didn't even know this had been "in the wild" so to speak. sounds interesting, appears as if i missed the boat... oh well. bumped to save from prune

Bumping this for the prune, even though it's in MED instead of PD now. We still link to it in the PD Index.