• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy PMEA Thread

A couple of years ago when I was took greater risks, I might have started with higher dosages of PMEA cause it does sound really cool from the one report. But that is one report. And this isn't a 2C-something. This stuff is something all-together different as far as what kind of group this fits into.

I really encourage people to start off with no more than 25mg. One should always start low, but especially with this material. I don't know if it has the dangers of PMA, is even like it, but the structural closeness should be one reason to start low. And with the seemingly unique nature, who knows how one will react.

If I try this, and I will, the dose will be in the 20mg to 30mg range for my first time and I'm gonna stay home (I usually go into the wilderness when taking psychedelics) in case any emergencies arise.

Last edited:
^^

For once, we agree on something. Except I get the feeling that PMEA would best be experienced outdoors, with the proper necessities for emergencies... or just tripping in the backyard, where home is still a viable option.

^^^^

MGS is right on here. I was lucky Ive had the experience of superhero dosing LSD and Shrooms or I may have had a bad experience. Im not near as concerned with physiological reaction as I am with someone trying to superhero dose this stuff and it being too much. If I had thought it was more entheogen than entactogen I would have given alot more respect to this substance. As it is at threshhold the 'trippy' feeling is apparent. Also a booster was effective.

There are a couple low dose comments including another of mine in the TR thread.

The 'inside-out', i dont know how else to explain it, depth perception thing was sort of freaky. Such a 'realism' to it. Only at 10mg.

At 25mg is there a noticeable 'euphoric' nature to it (your friend)?
I don't remember noticing that on 10 but well, it was just 10mg.

He reported that there were some methamphetamine rushes at 25mgs. I didnt really feel any of the amphetamine effects at 10mgs either. However at 100 mgs I was rubbing on my legs and shit.

Go on man I know you have some. Gobble it up and give us some much needed info. ;)

A buddy an I while we were drinking got cocky and insufflated ~5mgs each. Not really any pain associated with the insufflation. Seemed to burn less than meth. Buzz overall is the expected light. Amphetamine effects have manifested themselves first with a bit of a giddy trippiness. Very pleasant. Heart rate somewhat elevated but not disturbingly so. Nice feeling overall.

On a side note ...

Both my buddy and I went a bit towards the stimulative side from insufflation. Hes a big guy and broke out in a sweat. I also felt some elevated temp. The speed at which this crosses the BBB felt like it was a factor here. It made the stimulative effects much more pronounced.

Last edited:
was this stimulation side a pleasant one like "i must do much things" or a stimulation like "you don't know what to do with it" ?
great to share your results, thanks ! :)

^^^^ Just a normal euphoric stimulation. It kinda just fizzled out after about an hour.

Last night my partner and I insufflated 20mgs each. Stimulation and a nice warmth on the right away on the comeup. This was followed by a little roughness at about the one hour mark when the actual hallucinogenic effects began. Hamstrings were locking up a bit which I dont remember the first time. Could have been that I was too messed up to notice that first time or it could have been the insufflation. Either way it wasnt too bad. We watched Fear and Loathing and laughed it up. There is some erotic with this one for sure.

It isnt an entactogen in the sense that you want to be touchy feely however once you start the sensations are very nice. We experienced warmth on the skin and tingling sensations. As far as the sex test goes though I think that the 5-meo-mipt is more sensual.

I did feel the omnipotence feelings even at this dose. Extreme confidence to the point of almost being aggresive. You really do feel like a superman or something. Dont think Ive ever felt that from anything else.

No really intense visuals really at this level at first however the hallucinations did develop towards the end. This stuff plays some serious games with sound. It seems that you are more able to seperate out different levels of sound and they are alot more crisp. I didnt get the extreme connection with the spiritual that I did at 100mgs. Dose has alot to do with how this is going to affect someone.

^^^^
You really are an experimenter...
Is there a distinct increase in potency from insufflation, or is it similar in effect to an oral dose?

Last edited:
^^^^ I would say there is a slight increase in potency through insufflation. Probably no more than could be explained by a certain amount be soaked up by food in the tummy. Interestingly it doesnt burn at all but there was some rather medicine tasting drainage.

What about after effects ? I' m interested in trying this one, but can't take any MDxx style compounds these days, since I suffer three days of hell after even the smallest amounts.:(

MDMA usually sends me into an anoxeria that lasts for days sometimes. Plus MDMA will normally make me depressed as well. I havnt noticed any of that with this. Really this material does not lend a close comparison to any entactogen Ive done. I feel fine today and I just ate half a pizza.

I did have a few flashbacks from the 100mg dose but thats probably to be expected as it was such a high dose.

*TM-321* said:
I did feel the omnipotence feelings even at this dose. Extreme confidence to the point of almost being aggresive. You really do feel like a superman or something. Dont think Ive ever felt that from anything else.
Could it be dopaminergic action? If you've ever done coke, is it anything like that? Sounds like it (I've never done coke though).

Could it be dopaminergic action?

I suppose thats not only possible but probable. The euphoria involved for me points towards stimulation of dopamine receptors. However this feeling of confidence I mention makes the confidence of coke a bit pale by comparison. Mind you that most folks who enjoy coke probably would not like the opening up and psychedelic nature of this chem. That being said this feeling of confidence is quite unique among all the other substances Ive sampled.

Best way I could describe it is Ive fancied the notion of being able to do alot of silly things at one time or another while on a hallucinogen. Yet Ive had that unsure type paranoia that goes along with most hallucinogens so therefor not actually beleived that I might be able to get away with whatever it was I was tripping out on. With this stuff about two hours in that unsureness is replaced by this ultra confidence. I could see how it could be a dangerous feeling for some. It doesnt really rule the trip per se but it is one part of the experience.

Well Im no chemist but this stuff feels like exactly what it is. Its a methoxy group stuck onto an amphetamine. After sampling another psychedelic amphetamine besides MDMA/MDA/MDMCAT I believe that the methoxy group will increase the entheogenic nature of any chem whether it be an amphetamine, phen, tryptamine or what have you. I also believe that the methylenedioxy group is responsible for the entactogen/empathogen qualities of all its related chems.

That being said I wonder what a tryptamine would feel like with an attached methlyenedioxy ring. Is that possible?

Hey everybootay:

Finally tried PMEA today. 50mg orally --> a mild + experience. Stimulation was not excessive, mental space was quite clear although my head did feel a little "thick". A hint of tracers and color enhancement. Some circulation issues, including cold extremities and temporary impotence. :(

So far so good; promising, left me wanting more. Not enough (for me) to really get the full flavor of this one. I'll try again with 75mg at some point soon.

I do not recommend others start at 50mg expecting as mild experience as I got. I'm generally very hardheaded.

VB

Interesting, couple of questions:Roughly how long did the effects last at this dose? + In what way was it promising, or put it another way would you have found it promising without the discussion that's been going on here?

Gee wiz Victor youre and animal. 8o

I cant believe you didnt feel more off of 50mg. I definetely wouldnt recommend anyone starting that high and expecting a mild experience.

*TM-321* said:
Gee wiz Victor youre and animal. 8o
Not really! And anyway, look who's talking, Mr. 100mg My First Time! ;)

at&C: Once I figured out I was only going to hit a +, I kind of stopped paying attention and went about my day, but I'd guess this dose probably lasted a good 6 hours. I was still feeling pretty stimulated at the 5 hour mark.

I do think I would have considered it promising even if I hadn't read all this discussion. I don't have any big expectations one way or another, but I really am looking forward to pushing it higher. It didn't feel bad at all.

Last edited:
I wouldn't push it too far if you where getting cold extremities. If blood circulation slows down you might get into a bit of trouble.

Try going up in 5/10mg increments before you find that perhaps the body load outways the headspace.