Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Guess the movie quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

alasdairm

Bluelight Crew
pretty straightforward - quote a line from a movie. the person who guesses it gets to choose the next one.

this is perhaps a little obscure but it's a great line of dialog froma great movie:

"You have my sympathy, Johnny. You have not yet learned that in this life you have to be like everyone else. The perfect mediocrity. No better, no worse. Individuality is a monster and it must be strangled in its cradle to make our friends feel comfortable. You know, I often thought that the gangster and the artist are the same in the eyes of the masses. They are admired and hero-worshiped but there is always present the underlying wish to see them destroyed at the peak of their growth."

alasdair

The Killing.

"Never look at the backside of a mirror. You're looking at yourself backwards- No, you're looking at your inner-self, only you don't recognize it, and it frightens you."

Drugstore Cowboy

"I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life, anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die."

Monty Python Quest for the Holy Grail.

You're television incarnate. . . indifferent to suffering, insensitive to joy. All of life is reduced to the common rubble of banality.

Network. Man, I could quote that entire movie.

When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them.

adios,
Steve

Zero Effect...I miss Elliot Smith.

I like the stink of the streets. It cleans my lungs out. And it gives me a hard-on.

once upon a time in america.....

"I had a bad day, I had to subvert my principles and kowtow to an idiot. Television makes these daily sacrifices possible. Deadens the inner core of my being"

Trust

"This is the way the fucking world ends. Look at this fucking shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm fucking splitting, Jack."

pretty simple.

^^^^ ok , i picked a tough one, it was " the long goodbye" an old robert altman flick...

heres an easier one , just to get the thread going again...

" shut up! its daddy u shithead, wheres my f*cking bourbon?"

Blue Velvet

"Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up. "

another easy one but one of my favorites.

Scarface

"What do you mean you put drugs in the onions? Get me some valium, I'VE GOT THE FEAR"

possibly my #2 favourite movie of all time: Withnail and I

new quote: "I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!"

alasdair

The Thing.

"Wrong, sir. Wrong. Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if -- and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy -- "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera... "Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera... "Memo bis punitor delicatum". It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal."

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Person 1-- And he looked in my eyes and he said "I don't understand you." Isn't that amazing, that he saw how complex I am?
Person 2 --Maybe he just didn't understand you.
1-- What do you mean?
2-- You said he didn't understand English very well. Maybe he just... didn't understand you.

^^
Ugh. Party Girl. I'm ashamed that I know that one. Only good part of that flick was Parker Posey's tits.

here ya go...

Show your greasy little Puerto Rican ass so I can blow it right off! Blow ALL their asses off! Blow ALL their low-life Puerto Rican and n*g*er asses right off!

Adios,
Steve

^^^Dawn of the Dead...nicely coincided with the remake's opening. =D

I said to him, "Ron, you've gotta do something!" And he says to me, "Well, why don't you get one of those vagina enlargements?"

Waiting For Guffman

"Johnney... Johnnney... I ain't be got no weapon Johnney!"

Status
Not open for further replies.