• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking Alone?

Bluelighter
Move to drug culture if neccesary, not sure if this belongs here or not.

I've noticed that almost every single time somebody talks about getting high , they're doing it with a friend or other people, whether it be at a party, house, whatever.

I guess it might be just me, but the majority of the time I smoke alone, in my room. I actually enjoy smoking alone more than I do with others. It's almost as if I can fully enjoy the high and just relax this way.

I don't really feel uncomfortable around other people, it's not like I get all tense (I've never gotten any serious paranoia or anxiety from weed) , just that it seems much funner doing it alone. Being at peace. I have a lot of friends that smoke, and I get invites all the time, but if I have my own bud I'll usually pass, prefering to smoke a personal joint in my room.

Am I the only one who prefers smoking alone?

i agree: i smoke alone 85% of the time... i live really far away from any of my friends unfortunately so on weeknights theres no other alternative. but besides that i like it better i think... id rather just be chill and introspective than laughing and crazy, however i usually would rather have friends around in general.
any special drug or thing im just trying i will usually want a friend around or something, not necessarily for safetys sake, just to make it more interesting.

I prefer smoking by myself, 80% of the time I get high I do so alone.

I'm introverted to begin with, so I usually don't get too talkative when I smoke - it's nice just to chill alone and blaze.. Listen to music or what have you.

I enjoy being alone 100x more than being around people. Besides the fact a lot of times it tries my nerves being around stoned people because a lot just act plan stupid..

I love smoking alone too.. I don't like seeing people around laughing without any reason.

I don't think it's uncommon, but I think most people don't want to admit they enjoy smoking alone. What's wrong with taking a break from the world high with no worries at the time?

50/50
Sometimes I smoke by myself, just to get away... To be alone. Other's I want to be with a friend that knowns how I feel (smoking large amounts). And someone whom I can tell about my euphoric experiences happening. I prefer alone though. :D

I always like smoking with my friends but like most of you have already stated i also like smoking by myself to. (usually around half the time w/ friends and half the time just me) I like the fact that i can just lay back relax and just kinda think about shit...:)

I always smoke with friends. If I feel like being alone, I'll wander off and be alone. Otherwise I'm around friends.

I enjoy smoking alone. When I'm stoned, I like to meditate, play guitar, listen to music, an do a handful* of other things that simply aren't much of an option in a group situation.

Of course, there is still some weird attraction to smoking with others. I love to share a bowl with somebody. Smoking alone always feel a little bit hollow in that respect.

I generally enjoy psychedelics alone, but i smoke with friends daily too.

i smoked 3.5 alone everyday maybe occasional chillin with mates...

i did prefer it like that - but then i relised that i was escaping my problems, it helped for a bit - then it caught up with me, and its hurt...

although now i sometimes do smoke alone i prefer to have a buddy or two with me

247 said:
Am I the only one who prefers smoking alone?

Nope...for me bud is best enjoyed while alone. I always have my own stash, so i'm smoking 168 hours a week. If my friends want to get together for a smoko, then i'm keen i guess...but i'll be getting high anyway, so if they want to join me...then its their call.

I've been doing the whole "sit around everyday eating chips and playing sony with 10 mates" for way too long. Whenever i see those friends i still kinda enjoy that type of thing...but its just so old that i couldnt do it everyday anymore. Nothing ever changes and weed gets boring.

Nowadays, I smoke up in the morning while pumping some beats and posting on BL. Then I go chill with my semi-straight-edge roomies for most of the day. I will retire to my room every 20 minutes for a bong and to check the forums. I'm still high all-day, everyday, but when i'm alone, on BL, or chilling with non-smokers, its much more interesting than what i've spent the last 5 years doing.

If you smoke heavily, then chances are you'll smoke by yourself frequently. eg. when you smoke at a friends house, come home at 3am...and still smoke out of your own bong before going to bed. Smoking alone rocks :)

^^^OUch that post fucken hurt me...

I'm doing the Avatar* course...no smoking for 8 days...

We have just approached the 24 hour, totally drug-free mark...

so yeah...my motto of the week; "Weed sucks" ;)

lol i went from monday till friday night without any skunk, i felt fine, i enjoy it better this way, im making weed not a nessesity as it once was!

I love smoking alone...being alone allows you to just space out and listen to your own music and think about anything rather than follow a conversation or play a video game. Don't get me wrong I still love getting high with my friends but I also like to get high alone. When you're alone all you have to focus on is your buzz and that way I get more high when I am by myself...being around people kills my buzz.

If I'm alone, I'm smoking. :)
I love smoking with mates, but sometimes I just enjoy being lifted with some nice hard trance.. closing my eyes... floating away with rushes.... and posting on BL or chatting on IRC stoned.

i prefer to smoke with friends,although obviously im not out everyday, so i smoke alone a lot during the week, but i would say that smoking with friends is definitely better, you can have a laugh, or just have a conversation while puffing a few joints.

Lately smoking with friends has gotten more and more sucky... it seems that alot of the time I will want to relax and enjoy, while they want to be on the lookout for "jakes" (cops) and such... and that just sucks, however I still smoke with them whenever they ask me, heh

I love smoking alone... I am able to just relax and think about things, listen to some tunes, play a video game, watch some TV, study... do whatever the fuck I want and its mad fun

there is nothing better than doing whatever you want to do, especially when high. I love just chilling by myself, smoking bowls and doing whatever. It's so much more fun than hanging out with 2 or 3 other people just watching TV or walking around outside.