• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking Alone?

Another vote for "Yes."

I will say that if I never had anyone to smoke with, it'd suck. It's fun to bounce ideas off of each other, instead of wondering if anyone would agree with some shit your thinking about at the moment. But, that may be because I mostly smoke with friends when we hang, so the hanging out at all is kinda dependent on matching a blunt anyway.

The first time I smoked a joint in my backyard it felt so great. Being high by myself is the most free I've ever felt. Smoking a blunt while driving nowhere-in-particular to a really good mixtape is the absolute most, but I try to do it rarely in case I ever were to lose my ability to drive (kinda doubt it).

There are certain activities that I only enjoy alone which are also way enhanced by smoking, so it's a must if I have it. For example, I don't want to have to defend watching some Sci-Fi Japanimation to my friends. Weed allows me to suspend my disbelief on stuff like giantess women buying shit in a giant lingerie store. In fact, I'm just waiting another hour or so before someone finishes subtitling the new episode of Macross F - with which I'll have my last bowl I've been saving.

Oh and PS: I agree that there is just nothing like that moment when Iget home after work or whatever and I'm worrying about all this bullshit and our foreign policy and my raggedy-ass car and right before I light up I'll just do some shit like put on "Turn, Turn, Turn" and realize there's a time to get high blood pressure over shit and a time to get real high and the time for the latter (ooh! vocab word!) is now.

Last edited:
ganja_man said:
man have any of you notice that smoking is more socialy than vaporizing?

aside from the easy process of sparking a joint or complicity of vaporizing ( heating the vaorizer, etc..)?

Thats why I really don't want one. There so damn expensive. Just buy a nice glass bowl and take of it and it will last a lifetime.

And after I thought about it, I do like to smoke alone sometimes. I love smoking then going out and socializing. When I'm sober I don't socialize that much because I'm the shy type,, but when I'm high everything is just relaxing so it's easy to talk.

I'm smoking by myself right now :)
I just got off work and grabbed an 1/8 of some fire.

I generally do the majority of my drug use by myself, it's rather personal, my own space/world.
It's almost private.

That being said I have close friends that I love taking stuff with.

When I go out (clubbing, raves etc) I generally do it sober.

I generally like smoking with other people, its the only time i like talking to people.
I see smoking alone as more of a treat, because i get to do whatever i want (such as masturbate furiously, followed by 3 hours of playing guitar).

I'd say 85% of the time im smoking by myself, i prefer it this way, but i always enjoy a good sesh with a mate

Smoking alone has it's moments. I enjoy it when I'm just trying to kick it. You know after a long day when you just want to relax with out having to deal with people.

Overall I enjoy smoking with a few close friends.

much rather smoke by myself.
same as tripping.
never have to ask if its cool if i change the music, i can flow from one activity to another without having to be concerned with anyone elses feelings on the subject, i can just do what i want to do when i like to.
plus almost everyone i know are a bunch of damn vultures and the second you even go near your pocket with the bud in it, it seems like atleast 4-6 other people that i dont even know show up and make it all awkward lookin at you n sayin "we should roll a blunt!" meanwhile im thinking "you should get your own fucking weed".

overall i prefer smoking by myself or with my fiance' but she only likes smoking on the comedown from some psychedelics, and when she isnt and i am, she gets all "you shouldnt do that its bad for you" and constantly puts me in positions of "i see youre trying to load a bowl and you havent smoked all day but im going to come sit on your lap and make you not be able to smoke and if you try to get me off of you im going to get all pissy and upset for the rest of the night" and that doesnt really help when im trying to smoke to relax.
but when i go purchase some ganja from my dealer/somewhat of a friend ill smoke with him n chill, but usually more people show up once we start smoking and i just want to leave at that point.

I love smoking alone!

You don't have to keep a conversation up and can pretty much just switch off...

Smoking alone has always been my personal preference.

Although I do enjoy smoking with friends when the opportunities arise.

I do it alone now only because I don;t have people to smoke with I find my mind to wander a little too much after I blaze I start to think about really weird shit/ get anxious

I like smoking alone best or just with like one other person really lat at night, you get so much more from the high.

I smoke alone 80% of the time. I love having time alone for self reflection, and what have you.

I can't smoke with other people anymore.

I litteraly start to hate every single one of them when we are stoned.
They are just stressing me so god damn much. Everybody is screaming at each other and talking so GOD DAMN LOUD, everybody is talking at once. Just the way they chose to talk with each other makes me not want to be with them anymore. I need peace when i smoke. And if you have 6 people in your house sitting on your couch, and everybody is talking across the room IN THEIR LOUDEST, MOST ANYOING VOICE then i start to get some bad vibes.

And they tend to go mentally retarded. They talk and do the most stupid shit ever, and even though they are all above 18, they fall back to the mental age of a puberscent 13 year old.

Most of the time i smoke with my girlfriend and future wife, and that is the best thing there is. When we smoke up together we enjoy the simple , like having a conversation about stuff. You won't believe how many coupples have no communication at all going on. We usually end up chilling on the couch, or doing other things that we need to do. Oh, sex and backrubs are amazing with weed =)

I really like smoking alone, but I also do enjoy smoking with two people whom I feel completely comfortable with: my brother and my girlfriend. Other than those two people, I'd rather smoke alone any day. They understand when I want to space out and think, and they'll talk when I feel like talking about random shit.

I love smoking alone. Smoking a bowl, then laying down in bed with your eyes closed listening to music is awesome.

247 said:
I guess it might be just me, but the majority of the time I smoke alone, in my room. I actually enjoy smoking alone more than I do with others. It's almost as if I can fully enjoy the high and just relax this way.

You and me both man.

Way prefer smoking on my own; exploring new music, literature etc..

I happen to get varying degrees of paranoia (about being awkward, socially inept) when i smoke with others. Get a lot of enjoyment doing it on my own.

yeah every day haha....Most of my friends that do smoke are pretty much the same, we chill and smoke together on the weekends, but during the week im so busy i hardly go out. I actually like to smoke by myself better. I dont get too blazed, just enough to catch a buzz and feel good, cause if i smoke too much i get pretty lethargic.

I have a question tho, does anyone think its possible to get so used to smoking dank weed that anything else just doesnt get you high? For the past few years ive been getting this great "haze" bud but last week i found out the dudes ppl got raided or some shit, so they are out of business. I was forced to get beaster bud and it doesnt really do it for me. I'm not a pot snob, but i think ive become used to smoking that particular bud for so long that anything less doesnt get me high. Anyone feel the same?

I always smoke alone in my room too. I feel uncomfortable around other people when I'm high and I'm really stingy with my weed and I don't like smoking people out or matching bowls :p