• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What do you collect?

I've got two odd quirks of things I save:

Fortune cookie fortunes...all of them. I don't really believe any will ever come true (none have so far), but part of me is waiting for that one day for something to happen and I can say "HA! They were right!" Like I said, still waiting. :|

Tickets from everything - planes, buses, parking, events, movies, school fairs, ANYTHING. I've got a box full of them in storage, and I'm still collecting. Why? Once in awhile I go through and it reminds me of where I've been, what I've done. But the real reason, I think, is to confuse the hell out of my grandkids as they inherit the box someday and are like 'WTF? Oh, cool...but wtf?'

I collect exotic psychedelics. :)

I also collected Magic cards for many years. I don't really play much anymore, but I do have a hell of a collection. Well, during some financial troubles, I actually sold off my most valuable stuff for about 5 grand total (one card was worth $1000 - now $2000 a few years later :p) Still got a few thousand worth but I'm gonna hang onto those since they keep going up.

I collect:

-Films (both bluray and dvd)
-Vinyl records
-exotic psychedelics and other fun drugs (my collection likely rivals Shadowmeister's ;))
-classic video game consoles/games (I have a Genesis, Game Gear, Gameboy Color, Gameboy SP, N64, Gamecube, PS2, PSP classic... probably more I can't remember)
-any perfect sheds my ball python leaves behind that aren't pooped on (like how parents mark their kids heights on the wall lol)
-classic cars, though I only have my 2000 Miata right now. I hope to pick up a R32 GTR or a 300zx TT down the road when I'm wealthier

As a kid I also collected coins and stamps. I should find that coin collection... I recall one was from the reign of Napoleon the III ala the time period Les Miserable was written.

...books and music.

Sneakers/kicks/trainers also feature pretty heavily in my space.

Oy, yeah, during my more party/rave days I got into collecting live music sets. Of course that extended to albums as well. I've been sitting on over 1TB of downloaded music, enough if played end-to-end would probably go for a couple of years. I stopped collecting a few years back, but am now slowly churning through it trying to decide what to keep and what to delete. There is crap I had no idea I downloaded...and a lot of other ..just...crap.

I collect:

-Films (both bluray and dvd)
-Vinyl records
-exotic psychedelics and other fun drugs (my collection likely rivals Shadowmeister's ;))
-classic video game consoles/games (I have a Genesis, Game Gear, Gameboy Color, Gameboy SP, N64, Gamecube, PS2, PSP classic... probably more I can't remember)
-any perfect sheds my ball python leaves behind that aren't pooped on (like how parents mark their kids heights on the wall lol)
-classic cars, though I only have my 2000 Miata right now. I hope to pick up a R32 GTR or a 300zx TT down the road when I'm wealthier

As a kid I also collected coins and stamps. I should find that coin collection... I recall one was from the reign of Napoleon the III ala the time period Les Miserable was written.

Same for me on the movies and downloads - chock full'o'harddrives, slowly churning my way through. Part of my problem is that if I start a movie, I have to finish it no matter how awful it is. I have watched some truly awful films. Though, as soon as I delete one, someone will chime up and ask 'you still got that one? I wanna watch it." :|

LOL...classic cars, miata. Ok. As long as you're happy ;)

Not so long ago I started collecting postal stamps. It turned out to be so entertaining. I just received new stamps from Israel. There are 30 stamps in my collection, almost all from Europe.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic because this is something I DON'T collect, but in the UK we have people called 'train spotters' who loiter around train stations all day collecting the registration numbers of locomotives. They tend to consist of anorak wearing socially inept nerds and weirdos and are often the subject of much derision. I could probably understand it more with steam engines when they were a thing of beauty and a marvel of engineering from a bygone age, but modern electric trains all look the same and it strikes me as a little sad. Is this a thing in other parts of the world?

I collect alot of stuff.

1. Stockings, I have over 40 pairs
2. Closet Organizers & ALOT of baskets, bins & trays, everything has its place in my room
3. Dresses, lost count but the sluttier the better lol
4. Gloves, satin, lace, ballgown. I wear them wherever, its fun
5. Shower Body Soap. I have over a dozen different ones & I shower at least 5 times per day
6. Bras and Panties, over 25 bras, and endless panties.
7. Makeup...this is a BIG one...I have dozens of cosmetics, most of them top tier quaility
8. Lotions and Face/Body Creams...over 2 dozen easy. I lather that shit on.
9. Flashlights...well, I'm a tweaker, so....
10. Lighters too
11. Purses and Totes from big to itty bitty

That's about it.

That's about it.
That's all, huh? 🤷‍♀️
😁

I have found that everything is lost in time and become accustomed to the point of literally not collecting as it is alas an exercise in disappointment.

Now I do have a few painted jars from a local artist (errhhem cough *hot chic) that I have been collecting. I keep my weeds in 'em. I'll take a pic later wit my new phone and show ya... if interested.

*Nuttin wrong with a little flirting if they into it right? Not gonna try to seduce her unless she agrees to let me cook dinner for her. Then I wanna have her for desert (not like Hannibal).

• Gold and silver bars and coins.
  • Stylish wristwatches, nothing crazy, but stuff in the 400-1200 us dollars range.
  • Kitchen knives, pocket knifes, hunting knives, fighting knives, bowie knives, bear knives, balisongs, stilettos, kris, dirks, boot knives, daggers, gravity knives, miniature knives, enormous knives, and I am starting to get into swords.
  • Cufflinks.
  • Ties, especially Italian silk.
  • Stories.

Kitchen knives, pocket knifes, hunting knives, fighting knives, bowie knives, bear knives, balisongs, stilettos, kris, dirks, boot knives, daggers, gravity knives, miniature knives, enormous knives, and I am starting to get into swords.
Damn Daddy, you sure like knives.

Damn Daddy, you sure like knives.
Don't lie, you love 'em like I do. My mother was very disturbed by my knife collecting, which began between 24 and 30 months of age. And she was quite angry, since I liked to test them on the edges of wooden furniture. I didn't grow out of that occupation until I was six.