• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

why does everyone like cannabis so much?

1) The Arts
2) The Senses
3) The Relaxation
4) The Bliss
5) The Feeling In Your Eyes
6) The Feeling In Your Head

"The feeling in your eyes"

Care to explain? Mine feel all relaxed and out of focus, which is great unless I want to read or something :)

I forgot to mention the culture. Nothing is more peaceful than sitting around with friends hitting that pipe and everyone forgetting what they've been thinking of all day.

Kanaba said:
yeah everyone says that "weed leads to other things"... i dont think this is true. i think weed leads to McDonald's.

^^^^^^^^ hahha for sure man

LOL. Instant classic.

Pullacone and alostlittlebird described it perfectly. Nothing's better than smoking out with your friends, soft tunes, and the euphoric feeling you can all share together. Mary Jane is like the perfect mate. She pleases you and takes care of you, and doesn't ask for anything in return. =P

doesn't ask for anything except that you keep buying her over and over and over and over again:(

Psilo707 said:
imo: Marijuana is the god of all drugs.
On the hierarchal scale, the family tree... it is at the top... hovering way above everything else...
Because it combines with *any* drug, (some on the come-up, some during, some on the come-down only [ie coke]), and doesn't fight with any other substance on Earth. I believe it 'can' be the most positive vitamin to man when used in a decent manner...

Ehhh I would have to disagree. Don't get me wrong, I love the herb and I smoke it every day, but it does not necessarily combine with any drug. My most potent example is the affect it has on me when I am shrooming. If I only take a few hits, I am find and tripping hard, but if I cross the line and smoke a bit too much I will be in for it. I have blacked out (like from standing) over 3 times while shrooming and smoking. Once I was in line at a concert and everyone saw me. Luckily my friends were there to take care of me. Both shrooms and pot lower your blood pressure, and when both are taken it can be very dangerous for your well being. This is not an individual thing either, it happened to my friend a couple weeks ago.

Its scary and confusing as hell. I can recognize it now so I just sit down but when it happens I can feel the blood draining from my head and then I lose vision and basically fall asleep. I can remember only flailing around in a completely empy, black void. The first time this happened to me I was next to a stream. I was smoking a bowl, and this plane came overhead and the noise was really tripping me out. I lose my vision and was really confused so i tried to take a step back. I ended up taking a few steps back and tripping into the stream. I woke up a few seconds later completely soaked. Needless to say not a very fun trip after that.

I still smoke pot on shroom trips but I am very careful not to get too stoned.

Like alasdairm said, every drug affects everyone differently and there is no way that every person can handle the effects of marijuana. Don't fool yourself into thinking it is that flawless.

shit, i've had whole shroom trips that were just sitting around for hours blazing mass quantities of weed....

don't let your personal negative reaction to the combo make you think that it'll be even remotely the same for other people. i've had pot actually over-power shrooms and make the trip LESS intense.

but yes, for me, pot is the best drug in the world. if i could only ever do one substance again, hands down it would be marijuana.

Some nice answers in this thread, and I can relate to alot of them :)
I won;t bother repeating but I will just say cannabis has many personal medeicinal/unwinding/creative proeprties, and the HIGH IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT. If you stare at a wall you're going to be bored.

another great thing about weed is that it's hard to imagine what it's like to be stoned when your sober because it's always so differant. like with alcohol you know that your going to get drunk and it will be the same thing over and over and never really changes

^^ Very true! The high from cannabis is nearly always different. This is also due to what Splatt said about "the high is what you make it" which is on of the most important quotes a self respecting stoner should remember.

Things like different strains, method of smoking, where your smoking and how much is smoked all determine what kind of high your going to get.

Last edited:
hehe

i once read an article claiming one of the symptoms of prolonged cannabis use was a reversion to childlike thinking

until now i thought it was such bullshit

The way I see it is Physical addiction is the only 'real' Addiction, with W/D symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, extreme pain, etc. Mentally addictive, for me, means its something you very much enjoy and don't have the will power/integrity to quit, its more like that body going through subtle changes in chemestry. As opposed to 'real' additction where the body is ravashed by the change in chemestry. Any addiction can be broken by simply choossing to quit. (Not saying its easy. I'm sober for the time being and just want to get FUCKED UP,

THC Ridder said:
^^ He pretty much summed it up :)

Cannabis also feels very natural to me. You notice that it's a plant, a devine plant if you whish, unlike chemicals...

I LOVE the high, to me much better than many other highs.

Another advantage is that it doesn't mess with you heart, your blood pressure, your sleep or your serotonine and dopamine levels! Basically this means that after smoking DA WEED you'll sleep well and feel good and healthy the next morning (try that with coke, speed or xtc !)

One of the tricks is also in the dose. If you take too much you will get paranoid.

actually marijuana does mess with your heart, blood pressure, sleep and dopamine levels. i don't know about its effects on serotonin but i'd bet it does something given how interconnected things are in your brain.

There are many reasons indeed and each of them vary from person to person.

I used to love it but now I can only do it alone. I don't know what changed or how but now It makes me extremely uncomfortable around other people and very anti-social. Even around some of my closest friends it makes me feel like I don't know them and I can't comfortably engage in conversation with them. I will probably never smoke in the company of others again. Very rarely I may do it by myself but thats it.

As I said I used to smoke so much and I used to LOVE it. I have tried many times since to love it again and I just can't. I don't know what happened along the way that completely changed the effects it has on me. All I can think of is that the uncomfortability and paranoia began when I started drinking more and smoking less. But see I don't know if it started BECAUSE I began smoking less or if I began smoking less because it started to make me feel that way.

Just because I no longer like the way it makes me feel doesn't mean I don't have respect for it though. I know it is a GREAT relaxation tool for many people and has very positive effects for most. The best part is that it is not physically addictive and in comparison to alcohol and other drugs it is much safer and better for you. On top of that it is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL plant.
.....If only they would legalize it.

for me?

relative lack of side effects/come down.
it really helps with opiate neasua, and makes teh nod more visual.
it helps with stimulant come downs, and allows me to eat while on stimulants.
the unique trips from high dosage marijuana are really cool and I enjoy them.
It makes touch so much more sensual, without the epic mindfuck that physedelics would provide while doing the same.