• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [LSA's Subthread] Extraction of LSA's

I just did a simple extract with the petroleum distillate's, and everclear. I used a microscale vacuum distillation method to remove the petroleum. Then the basic alcohol, and coffee filter to remove the LSA from the remains. I store the LSA crystals in an old school, rubbermaid container(IE not clear) in the freezer.

Not LSD, but it'll do until I can get some.:p

[mod's edit: do not ask where to buy materials for extraction] btw david what was your dose? i wouldnt know about real acid as there is none in manila atm, and was too young when there was some. i found it a lil hard to move as compared to being on other substances aka weed/mush/e and stuff similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
crappybones said:
[mod's edit: do not ask where to buy materials for extraction] btw david what was your dose? i wouldnt know about real acid as there is none in manila atm, and was too young when there was some. i found it a lil hard to move as compared to being on other substances aka weed/mush/e and stuff similar.

I don't measure.=D i just guess on how hard I want to trip. Nausea has never really been a problem for me. I've puked only once on any substance, and it was from taking 5-htp after rolling. I haven't eaten any of the new batch, but I will when I run out geltabs. I'm a chronic user, not an abuser. I just use a lot, and can do almost anything while messed up.

hahaha sounds like what i like to do, when i get used to somthing. anyone here just eat whole seeds after washing them? i use like dishwasher to wash them, and i find the nutty taste nice....

How's this:

1) crush seeds up finely
2) make as many parachutes as needed
3) parachute all parachutes
4)enjoy!

Would this work? Why has no one mentioned this method?

^^^This method works, but it produced much unappreciated nasea.

Is there anyway to extract ALL of the active compunds from the MG seeds without extracting the toxins? I hope to become a pharmacologist in the future ( because I can't do it in the past, obviously) and if i succeed, I will try to do this (if someone doesn't beat me to it). I'll update you guys in 5+ years =D

morninggloryseed said:
I've always just considered the sickness a "gate" one mast pass through to trip on the seeds, which I find to be a fantastic and valuable psychedelic.

I couldn't have said it any better myself!

LSA Extraction dosaging

I am about to do an extraction on 150 Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds (using petroleum ether, not naptha... don't worry).

In the past, I have used these seeds maybe ten times, never exceeding seven seeds per session. Only once (on six seeds) did I get very slight visual changes, like shifting shadows. This was also the only experience that was notably psychedelic.

What I am wondering is, if I make a 150-mL tincture from 150 seeds, is it safe to use eight or twelve mL? I am figuring that 8-mL contain about 2-mg LSAs.

Does extracting the LSA this way make taking higher amounts safer than by eating larger amounts of the actual seeds? What physical danger am I putting myself in--if any--with LSA? What would happen if I exceeded 4-mg: a hard trip an/or physical risk?

There is no danger with LSA as long as you dose sensibly. An excessive dose can lead to blueing of the limbs, and i think it is true with LSA as well as LSD that they cause a pre-mature birth is pregnant women. With eight or twelve ml i think you should be alright.

peace

psychonaut65 said:
There is no danger with LSA as long as you dose sensibly. An excessive dose can lead to blueing of the limbs, and i think it is true with LSA as well as LSD that they cause a pre-mature birth is pregnant women. With eight or twelve ml i think you should be alright.

peace

I don't know, but I think I want to avoid having my limbs turn blue. You really think 12-mL would do that??

^^ Then take 6mL and see how that flies, then use your judgement to see what the boundaries are.. Use common sense in touchy matters and always be safe..

You've got 150ml. You're not going to be wasting that much if you try 6 or 7 ml and it turns out to be to weak.

I'm just worried that doing 12 seed's worth of tincture might be harmful or uncomfortable. Because I have read bad experiences for people who ate that amount of seeds straight.

What...? Why use petrol if LSA is really soluable in cold water? You should in theory be able to extract it by crushing them finely, placing the powder into cold distilled water for 15 minutes, then filtering.

nuke said:
What...? Why use petrol if LSA is really soluable in cold water? You should in theory be able to extract it by crushing them finely, placing the powder into cold distilled water for 15 minutes, then filtering.

I'm not using the petroleum ether to desolve the LSA's. The petroleum ether is used in the first step to take away the chemicals that I DON'T want to consume.

I am going to use grain alcohol to dissolve the LSA's, because that works better than cold water.

morninggloryseed said:
There is nothing in the seed coat that makes you sick. That is a myth. The sickness is caused by glycosides found inside the seed. I've eaten seeds scraped and not scraped and there is no difference what-so-ever in the degree of sickness produced.

are you really sure about that? what great news that would be.
what about a 1/3 water 1/3 lemon acid 1/3 vodka extraction (leaving the seeds in that mix overnight) ? i tried that and didn`t get any nausea.
though, just chewing the seeds, i got the most euphoric trips. that a correlation?
and: could gelcaps get hold of the nausea? that would be kind of an easy way too..

warning warning warning warning warning warning warning warning !!!

about the ethyl alcohol needed for the extraction :

Much better use drinkable alcohol (over 50% alcohol , at least, such as white rhum...)
In andorra, I also found some drinkable 90% alcohol for peparing fruits distillations.

But I also did use non drinkable alcohol, and this is where it can be tricky :

- Medicinal 70% or 90% alcohol (the NON COLOURED alcohol you use when you have a cut) used to be perfect for extraction purpose:
it is very toxic if you drink it because they add toxic methanol to it so people cannot drink it, but it's good for LSA extraction as the final step of the reciepe is to evaporate the alcohol to get "LSA gum" (methanol will also easly evaporate and you will end up with no methanol left in the finished product)

- BUT, here at least (in france), they don't sell anymore the non-couloured medicinal alcohol they used to sell: now they sell a couloured one (yellowish) wich contain toxic substances (including camphor) that won't ever evaporate !
You cannot use this alcohol for extraction purposes.

- You cannot use the "cleaning alcohol" or "burning alcohol" you buy from supermarkets (I mean the ones for building fires or cleaning things).
These are couloured (slightly yellowish) and when evaporated they leave you with a great quantity of toxic (and possibly carcinogen) residue that will never evaporate. Never use this one !!!

SO HERE IS THE RULE:

as long as you use drinkable alcohol (rhum, vodka...) you're safe BUT
as soon as you use non drinkable alcohol for an extraction, you must respect two rules:
1) make sure it's non-coloured alcohol (not even slightly couloured !)
2) make sure it leaves no residue when evaporated : to test for this, just pour 500mL in a large transparent (non couloured) glass plate, let it evaporate at room temperature (don't heat) and see if there is no residue left in the plate
To do this: place the plate over a white surface to see if there is no black residue, place it over a black surface to see if there is no white residue, and then look through the plate (handling it in the air) to see if there is no oily residue.

One last thing: in an extraction process using solvants, after evaporation has ended, the finished product must not smell anything like a solvant odour (this would mean it's not completely evaporated yet, and you have to wait some more time until there is no odour left)

Er... is this too obvious?

I've just read the whole thread, and only one person suggested anything like the method I've used, with really good results, on both morning glory and HBWR.

Instead of using just deionized water to carry out the extraction, try using deionized water with a small amount of tartaric acid dissolved in it (aprox 20mg/ 20 HBWR seeds or 1mg/seed if you want).

The alkaloids low solubility, and poor extraction using purely deionized water is no doubt due to the amides low solubility as the freebase alkaloids (this will also mean that the speed of extraction will be low for the very same reason). I chose tartaric acid for two reasons:-

1) Tartaric acid is easy to obtain as it is used in food and winemaking

2) Tartrates seem to be the preferred salts of lysergic acid amide derived compounds (ergotamine tartrate, ergonovine tartrate and of course LSD tartrate), most probably because they are one of the most soluble (and possibly easiest to recrystalize)

Also, tartaric acid will not increase the solubility of the glycosides, as they are not basic compounds. The one person who suggested something similar (zebrideluxe), used lemon juice, which contains citric acid. I chose tartaric acid for the reasons outlined above.

Saves a lot of pissing around with alcohol, naptha or anything else!

Is there any hope of extracting a near pure LSA freebase crystal with further acid-base extraction?

Not really, tartaric acid is present in excess to make sure all alkaloidal material dissolves, so you end up with the total alkaloid extract. After that, you're into the realms of fractional recrystallization or chromatography to separate them. Suppose you could get it down to a mixed sludge; a mixture of alkaloids with other water soluble things, like sugar,but there isn't much of them, it's mostly alkaloids. And no using heat, as simple lysergic acid amides are a bit heat sensetive; they'll turn into the iso isomer without much provocation

The excess tartaric acid also makes it taste a bit... well, "tarty"; sort of sour without the sharpness (and it's not too good for your teeth - a bit like really acidic fruit juice)

I've done two petroleum ether/ethanol extractions and have been sorely disappointed.

Experiment 1: extracted 114 grams heavenly blue by first soaking in petroleum ether (PE) for two days, removed PE and added ethanol for two days. Me and a friend downed 2/3rds of the extract and got nothing.

Experiment 2: soaked 25 HBW for one hour in PE, dried and soak in ethanol 25 hours. Filtered and took one third extract, no results.

Anyone with a successful method?