• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Chemicals/Methods for Cleaning your Bong/Glass pipe?

Soak it in rubbing alcohol for a day.
Or boil it.
Or.....buy a new piece at the site below!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^
You must be obsessed with that site or sumthin...
Yea do a search there are at least 5 other threads on this. But use a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol. Or soak it for a day in rubbing alcohol or soak it for a day in hot water with soap. Its easy as crap.

Its all about toothpaste and Q-tips yo! Especially the kind with baking soda...works like a charm.

Yeah, I am sorry for being a lame bitch and posting the same thing that someone has already posted. It won't happen again, unless I overlook something.

Isopropyl alcohol...you can (filter, if desired) & evap it when done & reclaim the good stuff. Crimethink usually heats his pipe gently with a torch or microwave to ~100F, plugs the holes, pours in alcohol, shakes, dumps, repeat 1-2x as nessessary...Total cleaning time is usually <5min. Comes out sparkling clean, like new.
[ 21 February 2003: Message edited by: Crimethink ]

If you're just cleaning to get the resin out so you can smoke it (I'm assuming you're talking about a pipe you use for reefer) then unfolding a paper clip, sticking it into the carb, and jamming it around (not too viciously) and then lightly tapping it, with the mouth-piece facing downwards, on a table edge can get you some big chunks of resin.
If you want to clean it so that its spotless, though, boiling it has always worked quite well for me. Just designate a pot for the pipe since the resin likes to stick to the sides of it and won't come off. If someone has a way to keep the resin that floats to the top from sticking to the pot, please post.
[ 21 February 2003: Message edited by: White Flag ]

Well what we used to do was grab our glass bong, drop in some laundry powder (washing machine stuff) and some sand...swish it around (or cover the holes and shake like hell.
Rinse it out and it's nice a heavenly clean.

^^^^ works very well

Let it soak in rubbing alcohol over night. Its only like 80 cents a bottle so you wont go broke. Then drain it, fill it back up again with a strong combo of table salt and rubbing alcohol. Shake shake shake you never have shaken before. Do that a few times, and it sh0uld be crystal clear.

The best way to clean a glass pipe especially one with a lot of curves and bends in it is to:

1. Get an empty mayo jar
2. Fill it with hot water
3. Drop in 2 denture cleaning tabs such as Efferdent
4. Let your glass pipe soak while you're passed out sleeping
5. Wake up, rinse it and let it dry

This will result in a cyrstal clear pipe. This works well if you are traveling and need to clean your glass so well it looks new and never used.

Theres this stuff on the market called 420 Cleaner that works pretty good. It's kinda gritty, so you pour it in, and shake it up!

I use the Rubbing alcohol, as pure as possible, more than 70% preferably. Take the rubbing alcohol with your pipe, in a ziploc baggie, along with table salt, and soak the whole pipe with enough rubbing alcohol and double bag it. Shake it every couple minutes. Eventually rinse out with warm water and she'll be as good as new. Don't boil your pieces, it works, but you have a good chance of your piece cracking.