• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Chemicals/Methods for Cleaning your Bong/Glass pipe?

The hot water/Rubbing alcohol method works wonders, I'd try that..

And you might want to buy a pack of pipe cleaners as well. What doesn't come out rinsing it, you can catch with the pipe cleaner.

Will look brand spankin new. ;) Nice piece, by the way.

i've heard of using break cleaner and that works good. Definately not my favorite. I like to use Citrol. It is an orange cleaner. The orange cleaner eats all of the resin. even the hardest to clean shit. Orange Chronic always works good too. I feel anything with orange in it does a great job.

oxy clean

its really easy, just follow the instructions on the box.
boil water and place piece in it w/oxy clean.
takes about 10 mins to have everything done and will bring piece to show room quality.
if it doesnt clean then the water isnt hot enough.
i have used all the other methods including salt + alcohol, and find this to be the easiest most effective way to clean a piece. everyone who i have showed this use it as their primary method of cleaning.

hope this isnt too complicated for you stoners8)

Come on now people........how about a "pipe cleaner" ,rubbing alcohol and hot water. YOu know, thoes pipe cleaners you used to make little animals out of when you were in kindergarten. Where do you think they got thier name ;).
Peace

re:

I clean my pipe at arbitrary times "when it needs it", though i clean out the bowl after every session. heat it up with a lighter and wipe it out with a tissue.

as far as cleaning out the whole piece, i use 99% isopropanol or methanol. they both dissolve resin FAST.

[MEGA] Chemicals/Methods for Cleaning your Bong

I find "Citro-Clean" works the best, im in Australia.

"Big Kev's Goo Remover" works a treat too, not quite as good as citro.

"Bong Bath" is okay but I think it's just a weaker version of the above..

I always just soak it for a few minutes, then swish it around and it gets most of the gunk off, I put some citro-clean on the end of a toothbrush, pull the bottom off my main chamber and clean the bulb..it makes it sparkle, this bong is 3 years old and has been used every day

the chamber works the same, just gotta take the stem out but it even gets all the black shit out from inside/outside it..

If anyone works at pizza hut, STEAL the degreaser they use to clean the ovens, etc it is BETTER THAN ANYTHING!!!! (It will do your car rims, too!)

I've heard you can put your bong in your dish washer (on it's own) and it will make it sparkle, im scared to do this coz I rent and dont want gunge bits stuck in the dish washer filter..

You can even clean the glass joiner with this stuff, it works really well.

Has anyone else got any good methods for cleaning your glass pipe?? I'd be really interested to see other ways to get your bong to sparkle..

For cleaning the cone: Use a sponge with a bit of citro or whatever on it, and just insert/ rub (You will need to throw it away after)

Twist it around inside the cone and on the bottom of it to get those other gunky bits away, and voila you have a brand new bong, and about 15-20 minutes of cleaning!

Washing machine cleaning?

I have a nice and thick glass chillum, and frankly it is a pain in the ASS to use so much rubbing alcohol to clean the wretched thing. I was wondering if using a washing machine would be bad for it? Anyone have any suggestions? thanks.

I thnk the washing machine would be a terrible place to put it. You know it has the possibility to completly destroy that thing. And its made of glass too. I don't know, I wouldn't do it. Make some Homemade 420 solution and soak it in a shit load of it. Might do the trick.

It's okay if your piece is sturdy, however, it wouldn't take care of all of the resin. You can also use other solvents, too much to name.

if your going to put it in the WM alone then it might break from spinning and more than likely it wont be too clean

if your going to put it in with clothes then it might stain the clothes and make them smell

try a dish washer instead

Pfft, I really thought he was talking about a dish washer, DON'T PUT IT IN A WASHING MACHINE !!

:D

Haha washing machine would smash it to bits, im fairly sure he meant dish washer, I get the two mixed up when im stoned also :) They all wash stuff & I hate loading them

I find dish washer is perfectly fine to put your bong in and will take care of most of the resin, add a dish washing liquid in it or add some "Citro Clean" or other citrus product and pre-soak it beforehand to loosen all the crap up, the hot water should take care of the rest

(C'mon, someone had to give a serious answer) :)

i accidentally put my chillum through the wash by leaving it in my pants pocket. it came out pretty clean.

Pipe cleaning

I was wondering if anyone had tips on cleaning a glass pipe.
I tried using hot water to clean it out, but know half the colour in my pipe is gone. Any soultions? And will the colour return?

you can always just scrape it with some kind of tool if you dont want to lose color.....

if its real clogged just scrape out as much resin as you can then boil that shit. all the color will be gone but it will always return with more toking.......

thanks but...

thanks for your help, but i forgot to mention that my pipe is made from glass so any tool used might sratch it. any more ideas?

Re: thanks but...

Loki_thc said:
thanks for your help, but i forgot to mention that my pipe is made from glass so any tool used might sratch it. any more ideas?

just use a paper clip or something easy like that to scrape it.
also, why would you care about the inside of your pipe being scratched?